Having a side effect from suboxone! HELP!
    drugfreeme3 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Having a side effect from suboxone! HELP!

So heres the story. I am a recovering >>>>>> addict. I used drugs for about 8-10 years. I wentt onto methadone as a last resort and stayed on it for 3 years. But going to the methadone clinic is worse than going to cop drugs in the hood. It was infested with drugs. I was relapsing alot. So I had it and began researching suboxone. I did my research and was taking 65mg of methadone a day when I just decided to stop going the day I went to my suboxone doctor. I withdrew from the methadone for about 4 days b4 taking my first dose of suboxone. Best choice I have ever made. I started off on 8/4 mg 3x a day and am now down to 2/.5. The symtom I am having now is a sever lose of energy. I have none. Its interfering with my life. I have no energy to do things with my 2 year old son. Mentally I want to do thhings but physically can not. Am I depressed? Does anybody have this? Does anybody have any advise for me. Please help. I cant keep doing this. I cry over it. I have stoped doing my hobbies bc I have no energy. I know it takes energy to make energy. But when I start to do even the laundry I get so physically tired and have to sit down. Is this happening to anyone else. I am also so happy I found this site bc I dont know anyone else on suboxone. Somebody anybody help me please!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Like I mentioned on your other post .. first thing is you went on suboxone at too high a dose of methadone. IT'S IMPORTANT that you be at no higher a dose than 30mg of methadone when you switch. You were over double that. In addition you had no direction of any kind when you were inducted on the subs. You started out with at least twice as much suboxone as you really needed if you had done a proper induction. How many days has it been since your first day on suboxone? God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

intelmetal is offline Senior Member

Default drugfreeme3

You said you were on Methadone for three years. Over the last 6 months, were you taken the same amount everyday?, or were you tapering down/ up/ or were you fluctuating dose. Like Robert said, it is imperative that you are not taking anymore than 30 mg of Methadone to switch over to Subs. I think it should be more like 20 mg's or less. Just my opinion. I tapered down to 15 -20 mg (average) over an 8 month period before I made the switch.
    I think since you started on Subs the wrong way, you will feel tired longer than most. I don't know of anyone who did what you did, so I can't say with any degree of certainty how long it might last.
    Keep checking back, and GOOD LUCK !!!

Do not go back on Methadone, it is evil !!!!
    IWANTOUT

itsmetoo2 is offline New Member

Are you eating right? If not, maybe you are depressed and you may need something for that. This is not bad. Cut down on sugars; sugar can make you system feel good then you will have a big low after it disapates in your system, you know the drill. Eat what you know is right.

You first went on your drug of choice as depression pushed you there. But you still have not delt with the underlying conditon to your addiction.(DEPRESSION) Sounds like to me you really are doing quite better. But you do not know how to get out of the haze, that makes you sad.Talk to your doctor, tell him/her about the depression, you need to get to the bottom of that and you will feel like someone has taken a large weight off your shoulders.

I am so proud of you, you are going in the right direction. Keep with it, you will, I SAID "WILL", get your life back, and the energy will come back too.

Take care !!
    Last edited by itsmetoo2; 05-19-2009 at 02:18 PM.

This person jumped off methadone at 65mg and started taking suboxone haphazardly. That has nothing to do with diet or depression. They need to take the medications properly and none of this would be happening. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Like I mentioned on your other post .. first thing is you went on suboxone at too high a dose of methadone. IT'S IMPORTANT that you be at no higher a dose than 30mg of methadone when you switch. You were over double that. In addition you had no direction of any kind when you were inducted on the subs. You started out with at least twice as much suboxone as you really needed if you had done a proper induction. How many days has it been since your first day on suboxone? God bless.
    I have been on suboxone scince october 2008. I am curently on 2/.5mg a day. I have had many side effects from suboxone. such as migranes but having no physical energy is worse than a migrane. I have no strength. I am usually very active. Its strange. Is this from the suboxone? I knew when I went on the suboxone that I should have been down to 30mg. But I didnt care. I wanted off the methadone. It was horrible going to the clinic. To this day I do not regret how I did it. I did my research. I knew what I was doing and so did my doctor. I just should have waited another day to take my first dose. I also was not monitered. My doctor gave me a take home prescription and I didnt see him until a month later. So I understand what was done wrong. But at this moment I am concerned about what is happening to me.

Quote Originally Posted by intelmetal View Post
    You said you were on Methadone for three years. Over the last 6 months, were you taken the same amount everyday?, or were you tapering down/ up/ or were you fluctuating dose. Like Robert said, it is imperative that you are not taking anymore than 30 mg of Methadone to switch over to Subs. I think it should be more like 20 mg's or less. Just my opinion. I tapered down to 15 -20 mg (average) over an 8 month period before I made the switch.
    I think since you started on Subs the wrong way, you will feel tired longer than most. I don't know of anyone who did what you did, so I can't say with any degree of certainty how long it might last.
    Keep checking back, and GOOD LUCK !!!

Do not go back on Methadone, it is evil !!!!
    IWANTOUT
    Ive been on suboxone since october. This side effect has developed over the past couple of months. I knew what I was doing when I switched. If anyone knew the circumstances I was in anyone would have done the same thing. I was highly aware that I should have been down to at the most 30mg. Yes methadone is evil. I couldnt take being on it or going to the hell hole clinic that was infested with drugs. I couldnt stay in that environment any longer. That clinic was for pure profit not to help. Thank you and I will check back again.

This person jumped off methadone at 65mg and started taking suboxone haphazardly. That has nothing to do with diet or depression. They need to take the medications properly and none of this would be happening. God bless.
    First of all like you said you are NOT a doctor. Second do you have any type of degree to be giving the information that you are? Third "this person" knew what she was doing when she went off the methadone and onto the suboxone. I also am curently in college obtaiining my degree in psychoology. I have one year left. I obviously have a bit more credibility than you do at the moment. My doctor also was aware that I was on 65mg of methadone and switching. We discussed it. I wasnt asking or talking about how I switched. Yes I mentioned it but its not an issue. I was asking if anyone knew if depression or lack of energy was a side effect of suboxone. My side effects are not a result of how I switched. Its been 8 months that I have been on suboxone. I am more educated than you think. So lets put how I switched aside and focus on this side effect that I am experiencing and see if anyone has any valuable information about it. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by drugfreeme3 View Post
    First of all like you said you are NOT a doctor. Second do you have any type of degree to be giving the information that you are? Third "this person" knew what she was doing when she went off the methadone and onto the suboxone. I also am curently in college obtaiining my degree in psychoology. I have one year left. I obviously have a bit more credibility than you do at the moment. My doctor also was aware that I was on 65mg of methadone and switching. We discussed it. I wasnt asking or talking about how I switched. Yes I mentioned it but its not an issue. I was asking if anyone knew if depression or lack of energy was a side effect of suboxone. My side effects are not a result of how I switched. Its been 8 months that I have been on suboxone. I am more educated than you think. So lets put how I switched aside and focus on this side effect that I am experiencing and see if anyone has any valuable information about it. Have a nice day.

Psychology ... it has one "o" not two. Good info if you're going to be getting a degree in it.

You're absolutely correct! You have MUCH more credibility than me being as I'm so uneducated and lacking knowledge. Of course I'm not here asking questions either. But with my obvious limited level of knowledge I suggest you find someone more qualified than myself for advice. Good luck and God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmetoo2 View Post
    Are you eating right? If not, maybe you are depressed and you may need something for that. This is not bad. Cut down on sugars; sugar can make you system feel good then you will have a big low after it disapates in your system, you know the drill. Eat what you know is right.

You first went on your drug of choice as depression pushed you there. But you still have not delt with the underlying conditon to your addiction.(DEPRESSION) Sounds like to me you really are doing quite better. But you do not know how to get out of the haze, that makes you sad.Talk to your doctor, tell him/her about the depression, you need to get to the bottom of that and you will feel like someone has taken a large weight off your shoulders.

I am so proud of you, you are going in the right direction. Keep with it, you will, I SAID "WILL", get your life back, and the energy will come back too.

Take care !!
    Thank you for your input. No I dont eat very well. From the last day I posted I have started taking vitamins and eating healthier. Theres a small difference but not much. You put into perspective what I wasnt looking at. Before I ever used a drug I was diagnosed clinically depressed. So I am sure now that I am. I honestly have no reason to be depressed either. I have an amazing life. I cant find anything to be depressed about accept for my past but I am not depressed about it. Ive done therapy for years. Infact im getting my bachelors of science in psychology so its odd for me to say I am depressed or in therapy. I am going to my doctor in a week and I am going to bring it up to him and see what advise he has about antidepressents. I am sure I need one at this moment in my life. Thank you for your reply.

Psychology ... it has one "o" not two. Good info if you're going to be getting a degree in it.

You're absolutely correct! You have MUCH more credibility than me being as I'm so uneducated and lacking knowledge. Of course I'm not here asking questions either. But with my obvious limited level of knowledge I suggest you find someone more qualified than myself for advice. Good luck and God bless.
    misspellings happen but than again Im not on here playing doctor to a bunch of people looking for advise.You have way too much time on your hands. I simply asked a question to others who may be on the drug or may have the same side effects. You dont need to add your two sence in if you dont have any advise to give. But doing this makes you feel important doesnt it. So keep it up. and I NEVER aked YOU for any advise!
    Last edited by drugfreeme3; 05-20-2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: wanted to add something in.

intelmetal is offline Senior Member

Default Suboxone Help ?

Drugfreeme3, I understand why you got off of Methadone, I almost did the same thing, but was able to get a stock pile and ween down to 20mg. I think it helped me a lot. I am not being critical of you, it's water under the bridge. The important thing now is to get off the subs and get healthy so you can start feeling better real soon. I feel for you. I find that riding my bike aggressively for 20-30 minutes each morning helps. Just make sure you put something in your stomach beforehand for energy. I eat a banana w/ a multi-vitamin right before my ride, also swallow 8 oz. of water w/ above.
    I have a small beef w/ you though. Take it easy on Robert as he has been of great help to so many people here. He is a Godsend ! He may not be a doctor, but he knows his stuff when it comes to subs. My doctor would have ruined my life had I not found Robert the day before my 1st appointment. 2 and 1/2 weeks ago my doctor tried to induct me w/ 16mg on day 1, I told her that I would not do more than 8mg. Now I am @ 2mg per day after only 18 days, and still tapering down. Hell, I still have 6 - 8mg pills left from my first script of 15 - 8mg pills, Plus on day 14 I had to go to a follow up appt. and was given a script for 30 more 8mg pills, which I filled and probably won't even need them (still stapled in bag w/ receipt). Anyway, good luck. I wish you the best and know that you will win this battle.
    IWANTOUT

to live my life and to be free !