Getting off Methadone
    No More Green is offline New Member

Default Getting off Methadone

I'm 30 and I've been on Methadone for 8 years now. In 2011 I did get off it, but I started taking >>>>>> again - just so I could sleep!

Anyway, I'm down to 8ml; I have been for about a week now. I'm finding it easy enough, but I keep waking up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep - only if I wrap myself in loads of blankets (my girlfriend likes to leave the window open all night and it's freezing). It's a good job I have to get up at 6am for work.

What tips would you give me to get off this horrible stuff? I hate it. My life would be as good as it can be if I didn't have this hanging over me. It's time now and I'm going to do it, no matter what.

Thanks.

Hey No More. I was on methadone for a year in the past. I ran out of cash unexpectedly - and they kicked my ass right out the door, immediately. I was on 120 mls. I have never been so sick in my life! I roughed it out for a good two weeks before I caved...

I would say just taper yourself slowly. It sounds like you are on a pretty low dose and that is a hell of a start. I wish our gfs had opposite temperature preferences during sleep! I am always burning up in here and there she is wrapped up in a heap of blankets. I just wanna open this window, put a fan in it and totally kill the heat!!

I hope you keep us posted. We all know you can do this! My best wishes, are now with you. You got this man...

litchi123 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by No More Green View Post
    I'm 30 and I've been on Methadone for 8 years now. In 2011 I did get off it, but I started taking >>>>>> again - just so I could sleep!

Anyway, I'm down to 8ml; I have been for about a week now. I'm finding it easy enough, but I keep waking up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep - only if I wrap myself in loads of blankets (my girlfriend likes to leave the window open all night and it's freezing). It's a good job I have to get up at 6am for work.

What tips would you give me to get off this horrible stuff? I hate it. My life would be as good as it can be if I didn't have this hanging over me. It's time now and I'm going to do it, no matter what.

Thanks.
    Its good now you are taking 8ml but taking >>>>>>e is mistake of yours.Its next to impossible to quit from >>>>>>e.Methadrone somehow better but if you are continue with it several diaeseas will grab you and you already grabbed by these diesease.Just try to consult a good doctor and try to avoid this...

Yogake is offline New Member

Have you tried Suboxone? Should be a better option to Methadone, because it lowers the chance of abuse and helps slowly get rid of the addiction...
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-21-2013 at 01:53 AM.

why45 is offline New Member

Take a half a dose, flush the bottle, never look back, you may not think you can but you have to at a certain point, just do it, keep a pill and a half so you don't have seizures from withdrawl, and just never go back, you will look back, just don't go back.

kyle84 is offline Junior Member

Well, I do not think getting off methadone will be a deal breaker or even a big deal when it comes to your comfortable sleep at night. Work hard, eat balanced diets and take a lot of physical exercises regularly until you are able to form a new habit as well as lifestyle. I think you can then enjoy your nighttime sleep.

peter force is offline New Member

only way i ever beat methadone was cold turkey.. 220mg ..yup cold turkey.. it was the worse thing i ever felt in my life.. i even got down to about where your at..stil couldnt do it.. after about 30 days i slept ... METHADONE IS THE END OF LIFE.

when it comes to sleep..i guess its the TONIN BURN OUT .. NO TONIN NO SLEEP...
    Last edited by peter force; 12-11-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Greg61 is offline New Member

My name is Greg and I am new. I am getting ready to start my methadone taper. I am at 80mgs. I would really appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by peter force View Post
    only way i ever beat methadone was cold turkey.. 220mg ..yup cold turkey.. it was the worse thing i ever felt in my life.. i even got down to about where your at..stil couldnt do it.. after about 30 days i slept ... METHADONE IS THE END OF LIFE.

when it comes to sleep..i guess its the TONIN BURN OUT .. NO TONIN NO SLEEP...

Iluv2smile is offline Senior Member

Hi Greg.
    You could start your own thread that way you will get some individual support..
    Are you tapering through a clinic a dr or how?
    Do you have pills or liquid?
    Methadone is the end of life..
    I am 6 months off and never ever looked back..
    There a few people on here regularly that have gotten off of it that can help..
    I will check back later.

Iluv2