Generic Plavix
    ykyal is offline New Member

Question Generic Plavix

Does anyone know if and when Plavix will go generic again. For a short time I received "Clopidogrel" from Medco. Now that we are no longer with Medco we are paying for Plavix!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ykyal View Post
    Does anyone know if and when Plavix will go generic again. For a short time I received "Clopidogrel" from Medco. Now that we are no longer with Medco we are paying for Plavix!!

I am in a similar situation myself. I wish there was a less expensive medication available that worked as well as Plavix. Plavix is just way too expensive. It's a really good medication though in my opinion. I have not heard anything new regarding plavix replacements. Let us know if you are prescribed something different. God bless.

ykyal is offline New Member

To my knowledge there is nothing that replaces Plavix, but you will be the first to know if I should find out anything. I have been on Plavix since I had a coronary arrest in Oct. 2002 and If I have any say about it, will never get off! I'm sure you know how I feel.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

To my knowledge there is nothing that replaces Plavix, but you will be the first to know if I should find out anything. I have been on Plavix since I had a coronary arrest in Oct. 2002 and If I have any say about it, will never get off! I'm sure you know how I feel.

My heart stopped beating back in 2002 as well. But I have found that plavix helps immensely with leg pain caused by lack of blood circulation in my extremities due to Raynaud's Phenomenon which is an autoimmune disease. Plavix is a quality medication. It's so much easier on our system than is coumadin as a blood thinner. Just wish it didn't cost so much. God bless.

geneb21 is offline New Member

Default End of Plavix Patent

According to CVS.com the patent for Plavix will expire 11/17/2011.

JordanJones5 is offline New Member

Default Generic PLavix

Generic PLavix finally came in market on 17.5.2012 with the name clopidogrel bisulfate.