Generic oxycontin availability
    klopper22 is offline Member

Default Generic oxycontin availability

Do any of you know how long generic Oxycontin will be available? My wife told me she heard that certain doses of generic OC will continue to be available indefinately.

I looked on the Purdue Pharma website but couldnt find anything conclusive.

Thanks in advance!

edit:
    I just saw that they will be allowed to make 10, 20, 40 and 80mg until some time in 2009. I wonder when in 2009 it will end and if there is a possibility to be extended through other agreements.
    Last edited by klopper22; 01-19-2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: misspelled oxycontin

Helenka is offline New Member

Unhappy re:generic oxycotin availibility

Quote Originally Posted by klopper22 View Post
    Do any of you know how long generic Oxycontin will be available? My wife told me she heard that certain doses of generic OC will continue to be available indefinately.

I looked on the Purdue Pharma website but couldnt find anything conclusive.

Thanks in advance!

edit:
    I just saw that they will be allowed to make 10, 20, 40 and 80mg until some time in 2009. I wonder when in 2009 it will end and if there is a possibility to be extended through other agreements.
    The original manufacturer won a law suit against the companies making generic Oxycotin for patent infringment and therefore the original co. has been given exclusive rights to sole manufacturing of Oxycotin medication until this patent runs out. The original manufactuer has been able to stop the generic manufacturing of Oxycotin and that's why you may have problems finding the generic after 2009. I was given this info from a pain mngmn't Doctor and Director at a well known teaching University Hospital.