Generic Cymbalta?
    Shara53 is offline New Member

Default Generic Cymbalta?

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum--it's a great source of information.

I take 60mg of Cymbalta daily. It's the one antidepressant that really stabilizes my moods without any bad side effects. And yet it's really expensive. My insurance company (Aetna) requires a 35 dollar copay for it and, since they won't approve more than a one-month supply at a time, the co-pay is killing me. I get the impression that the generic is already available in Canada (and maybe other countries, too). Does anyone know if there is a generic for Cymbalta available in Canada? Has anyone used any of the Canadian online express mail pharmacies to get the generic? If so, does your insurance cover it? Also, does anyone know when the generic for Cymbalta will be available in the U.S.A? This med really helps me, but I may have to go off it because I can't afford to pay so much every month.

Thanks in advance for your info/advice.

Last edited by Shara53; 05-02-2007 at 07:06 PM.

Racfguy is offline New Member

Default Re: Generic Cymbalta

Shara53:

I envy you that you only have a $35 co-pay for your Cymbalta. I don't have any insurance, so I pay about $155/month for my Cymbalta.... The earliest that a generic will be available is sometime in 2013; that's when the patient expires.
    Good luck to you.

keelay71 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shara53 View Post
    Hello everyone. I am new to this forum--it's a great source of information.

I take 60mg of Cymbalta daily. It's the one antidepressant that really stabilizes my moods without any bad side effects. And yet it's really expensive. My insurance company (Aetna) requires a 35 dollar copay for it and, since they won't approve more than a one-month supply at a time, the co-pay is killing me. I get the impression that the generic is already available in Canada (and maybe other countries, too). Does anyone know if there is a generic for Cymbalta available in Canada? Has anyone used any of the Canadian online express mail pharmacies to get the generic? If so, does your insurance cover it? Also, does anyone know when the generic for Cymbalta will be available in the U.S.A? This med really helps me, but I may have to go off it because I can't afford to pay so much every month.

Thanks in advance for your info/advice.

from what i've heard, sometimes the makers ( manufacturers) of the drug can help out if you can show a medical neccessity for the medication. Sometimes they will send you the medication for free but you have to go through a paper process by showing that you are unable to pay for it yourselfby filling out forms of income. The makers of cymbalta are Lilly. good luck!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-20-2011 at 03:14 AM.

LaurieShay is offline New Member

Default cymbalta generic

Unfortunately the drug companies won't help with drug costs if you have insurance. At least that has been my experience. There is a generic cymbalta in Canada. It goes under the common name duloxetine. I have been forced to get my drugs from Canada when my insurance wouldn't pay and had great success with it. But keep in mind that it is against the law to do so. Google Canada Drug and research, I think you will find that the cost is more then your copay when you visit the website. You may need to find a way to tighten the budget so you can affard the cymbalta copay. Weigh your pocket against the risks of not taking it. If you need the cymbalta for depression, the consequences of not taking it may be far more costly than what you are paying now.

Good luck!!