Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nig124
  • 1 Post By nig124
day 5 changing from methadone to subutex help needed
    nig124 is offline Junior Member

Default day 5 changing from methadone to subutex help needed

its day 5 after changing over from methadone to subutex prescribed 4mg daily...but boy have i had a rough night...legs and arms aching like ????....total sleep time 1/2 an hour...how long is this going to go on for till it stabilizes? yesterday felt marvelous night before slept like a log....this is crazy and dont know which way to turn....and as its the weekend cant even ring clinic......what next?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by nig124 View Post
    its day 5 after changing over from methadone to subutex prescribed 4mg daily...but boy have i had a rough night...legs and arms aching like ????....total sleep time 1/2 an hour...how long is this going to go on for till it stabilizes? yesterday felt marvelous night before slept like a log....this is crazy and dont know which way to turn....and as its the weekend cant even ring clinic......what next?

The mistake was the way they had you take the whole 4mg at once for an induction. I start out using .5mg doses. At this point it's obvious you are NOT stable. We need to get you stable. Take another 2mg, post back to me in about an hour. Let's see how you feel then. You should be feeling totally normal after four days. We'll have you "right" today I promise. Thought you were doing better than this. Post back to me. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

right took 2mg at 0745 this morning now it 1510....split a 2mg into 4 equal parts and took one part about 2 hrs ago....legs still achiing...and still feeling not right

right took 2mg at 0745 this morning now it 1510....split a 2mg into 4 equal parts and took one part about 2 hrs ago....legs still achiing...and still feeling not right

Just go ahead and take the whole 2mg. We will have you straightened out in a couple hours, trust me! You're four days into this so the original way I would have inducted you doesn't matter at this point. I want to get you feeling normal. Go with what I suggested, take the whole 2mg and let me know in an hour how you feel. We will be tapering you down as you get better so don't worry about the dose right now. We need to get you stable so you're not suffering! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

thanks robert will take it now...post back in an hour...
    Robert_325 likes this.

right robert w/d's gone...feel fine now..however have been the same most days....i am ok until late at night then legs, arms, aching nose running slightly stomach cramps...took 4mg yesterday felt fine until 1 oclock this morning after about 20 mins sleep woke suddenly to w/d's then up alll night till posted here this morning....
    the only night this didnt happen was thursday night when slept like a log all night.....weird...

going to be offline till later tonight robert..taking wife out whilst i feel ok.....what do i do if tonight i get the same problem as last night?

going to be offline till later tonight robert..taking wife out whilst i feel ok.....what do i do if tonight i get the same problem as last night?

Don't plan on it! Try using the ingredients of the Thomas Recipe to supplement what you're taking now. Hate to see you run your dose up too high on the subs and mess this up. Here is a link to the Thomas Recipe. You can get the stuff at a walmart pharmacy in the vitamin section, a GNC store, or anyplace similar. These ingredients will help you if you need them. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html

thanks robert havent left yet....not going to up the dose any higher than 4mg even if i get another sleepless night....walmart not available here...u.k. have asda which i believe is same company.....will try there....as my time zone is different to yours when i get to morning looking at site you are about 2 a.m. do i take 4mg in one dose or space it out 2 mg then 2mg later in day? because ive now tried both and neither at the moment is making a difference one way or the other...thanks for all your help today.....speak to you tomorrow

thanks robert havent left yet....not going to up the dose any higher than 4mg even if i get another sleepless night....walmart not available here...u.k. have asda which i believe is same company.....will try there....as my time zone is different to yours when i get to morning looking at site you are about 2 a.m. do i take 4mg in one dose or space it out 2 mg then 2mg later in day? because ive now tried both and neither at the moment is making a difference one way or the other...thanks for all your help today.....speak to you tomorrow

I commend you for you persistence! That is what makes this work. You'll stabilize on that 4mg. If it doesn't make a difference whether you dose once or twice a day I would do it in one dose. Just makes sense. As drug abusers we get used to using throughout the day so if you can make it one dosing per day that is much more "recovery" behavior than multiples doses. Hang in there, glad you told me you're in UK. Have lots of people here from UK over the years. God bless.

hi robert, its 0700 just got up.. slept right through...have a dull,dull headache just above my eyes...but otherwise I feel ok...no aches and pains, no running nose etc, though still got stomach cramp this morning but got some imodium .....having read around it seems the headache is not unusual so apart from this damn headache it looks like some light this morning...

Springer10 is offline New Member

May I ask how many milligrams of methadone you were taking? I switched from methadone (132mg) to suboxone (32mg) three years ago, and decreased my dosage to 2mg within 6 months. The transition took me about a week to stop feeling like bad.
    After three years, I am having a difficult time getting off the stuff, but I have no intention of giving up. It seems you are beginning to level out, so that is good news. I hope you're successful in your taper.

Dave
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-27-2012 at 07:30 AM.

yeah 15ml of meth...but went down from 60ml over a long time...a very long time nearly 30 years....yours was a really high dose of meth to switch from...i was told i had to be under 30ml before even considering a switch....how u feeling now? i am sort of ok this morning apart from this damn headache...dont know whether now to take my 4mg of sub or wait for robert to come online later....do not want this headache to get any worse than it is already....have been having a read round and their is little on subutex headaches seems mostly to be suboxone....it would appear headaches on subutex seems to be related to high a dose...however after yesterday had to take the 4mg in order to function....this is one weird drug

hi robert, when you log on have taken 2 mg subs but this damn headache is getting worse by the hour...used to have migraines years ago but havent had one for years...though this is what this feels like headache with nausea....this is not suboxone it is defo subutex....what do i do next? this is starting to get me down....

hi robert, when you log on have taken 2 mg subs but this damn headache is getting worse by the hour...used to have migraines years ago but havent had one for years...though this is what this feels like headache with nausea....this is not suboxone it is defo subutex....what do i do next? this is starting to get me down....

See if you can get some Excedrin MIGRAINE!!! Don't know why but it will knock out a sub headache in minutes, been using it here for years. It works! God bless.

not available uk robert already checked as saw in on another thread....

not available uk robert already checked as saw in on another thread....

There is a really good non-narcotic RX med that will knock out any headache. Your dr won't have any problem with it ..... Zomig!!! It's a life saver, call your dr. Know it will work. Walking out the door for church, will talk with you later. God bless.

thank you robert gonna have to ring in morning.....and try and put up with it for today....when you get chance am i gonna be able to take the other 2mg or is it gonna make this worse?

how long am i to continue on the 4mg now? still dont feel 100% but headache starting to subside but not gone...at least i can see straight now....but still feel like being sick....i am hoping over next day or so this should stabilise out....am wondering if that extra 1/4 i took yesterday caused the headache? as i have only been taking the 4mg with no headache for four days....

Don't add anything else then. Let's give it a day or so and see if you will stabilize, which I believe you will. Then we'll let you relax and stay at that dose for a few days and relax before starting to taper down. Stay in touch. God bless.

thanks for reply robert, ok will give it another day or so...cant see how it is going to get any worse, and i trust your judgement that it will stablize...

just got up, after full nights sleep and feel normal for 1st time in days..headache gone completely...thanks for the help...will continue taking 4mg for next few days as advised.....
    Robert_325 likes this.

hi Robert, clinic just rang me as i attended yesterday told them i had done an extra pill on weekend to get through w/d and therefore was a pill short...they told me this morning they have no intention of replacing the pill and therefore i will have to manage....so only have 3mg for today...1x2mg plus one half of a 2mg that i crushed....extremely annoyed and stressed as in 20 years of going to this damn clinic not once in that time have i ever asked for any extra...or lost/sold any medication.....after getting stable over this week on 4mg...last week they told me if you have any problems in subs not holding you get in touch..and we will put your dose up....as it was the weekend they werent available so as i was in w/d, took the extra as per my post 3.....extremely pissed and annoyed to say the least....doctor adamant that i am going to have to manage.......

So they are not giving you a script for subs to take home? No one in the United States has to go to a freakin clinic for subs. If they won't give you a script to take home I would find another sub dr.

Wait a minute, I remember you said that you're in the UK. I've worked with people in the UK before that got scripts from their provider to take home as well. Going in for your sub dose daily is IGNORANT!!! Can't believe they are doing that. Know Cheeky had to do it in New Zealand but this is stupid! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-29-2012 at 10:25 AM.

no...still getting scripts weekly but not picking up weekly script from pharmacy till 2morrow, and only had 2mg left due to taken the extra on saturday.....asked them to replace the one 2mg tablet for today but they point blank refused to do this...so am having to go with 2mg today...and wait till 2morrow to get weeks script for 4mg per day...is ithis gonna cause me a problem?

With the LONG half life of subs you'll make it. But they won't give you a prescription for a month at some point? I'm going to go vote in our Presidential Republican primary election shortly so I won't be back for a little while. You'll be okay, just hang in there. God bless.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

I haven't been on for awhile as I have some heavy duty health issues to deal with and this is a drug forum, not a cancer forum so I decided to give everyone a break haha... However, I've been reading and I have to tell you this. Do not get anxiety about being a little short on the sub. I, like you, was on methadone for 30 years, on sub for 3 years. I went 72 hours with no meth in order to induct on sub and wasn't truly meth sick til the last 12 hours.... Every sub drop gave me a panic attack but I eventually was taking sub every OTHER day at the lowest possible dose (something like .125) and wasn't sick. This is because those drugs have a very long half life as Robert said. They make you believe you need meth daily at the clinic but truly you could get by every other day, same with sub. It's in your system a long time. I'm not saying take it every other day, just, do not worry a bit about a little shortage. Your body should not even be able to tell the difference.

thanks for the reply newyorkgal....trying not too stress bout it...actually feeling ok....was just concerned seeing as ive only just stabilized on this damn stuff that having to take less today would or, may cause me a problem...in the event it hasnt been too bad...probably more in the head than anything...its late evening in the uk now so only got to get a good nights sleep and pick up script 2morrow...

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    I haven't been on for awhile as I have some heavy duty health issues to deal with and this is a drug forum, not a cancer forum so I decided to give everyone a break haha... However, I've been reading and I have to tell you this. Do not get anxiety about being a little short on the sub. I, like you, was on methadone for 30 years, on sub for 3 years. I went 72 hours with no meth in order to induct on sub and wasn't truly meth sick til the last 12 hours.... Every sub drop gave me a panic attack but I eventually was taking sub every OTHER day at the lowest possible dose (something like .125) and wasn't sick. This is because those drugs have a very long half life as Robert said. They make you believe you need meth daily at the clinic but truly you could get by every other day, same with sub. It's in your system a long time. I'm not saying take it every other day, just, do not worry a bit about a little shortage. Your body should not even be able to tell the difference.

Bev ..... good to see you online. Hope all is going well. Keep me posted please. You're in my prayers. God bless.