Addition
    oboy is offline New Member

Default Addition

Hi. I'm oboy. A 56 year old Cronic Pain Guy. Hi Guys and Gals. I hope this is one of your good days. I have had on and off back pain since I was 17 after an auto accident. I have always been able to turn it off with alot of work and some temp pill taking. Well until 10/22/2002. I suppose I will never forget that day. I won't go into details. I'll just say that I can nolonger turn off the pain. I have to try and manage it with drugs. Over the last 4 years I have worked my way up to the Duragesic 50ug/h patch. Over the last 40 years I have taken all kind of pills for pain. And managed somehow not to get addicted. I did not want to get on the patch.I know that I will
    become addicted. I cannot stand the pain though. Not to mention all the advice you get from friends and family. Well mostly family. Seems most of my friends have vanished since I have had full time cronic pain for the last 4 years. I've only been on the patch for about 6 weeks. It sure is nice to be able to think about something other than pain. I still have to be carefull of what I do. I can not drive a car more than about 5 miles a week, or pick up anything that weights more than 5 lbs with out increasing my pain meds. I don't really want to do that at this time. I don't know how long you can live on the patch. Maybe some of you have some info on that. I will have to give all you guys ahead of me a thataboy for figuring out how to make it. It seems that we pain sufferes for the most part have to figure it out for ourselves. I know alot of you have heard it before. My main Doctor says no you don't want to take that med for whatever reason. Pain Clinic Doc says you have to exercise more. The neurosurgen says no I can't operate on that, it will paralizise you. What are we suppose to do. Well I don't like the side effects of the patch. I don't like pain either. With the patch I understand theres a chance I will wake up dead one day. With out the patch I'm sure I will put myself out of my misery pretty quick. Go luck to all and God bless. oboy

oboy

antony07 is offline Junior Member

You are really very brave...............that you handling such a teriffic situation. but still you can only follow doctors opinion.............Best of luck u'll definately find a solution for this thing,
    May god bless you....

Rscprincess1 is offline Member

this is one of those rock and hard places senarios. I am completely sceptical of the patch because of what my sister went through on it. I had to personally call the doctor and have her taken off it she was falling asleep dropping lite ciggarettes down her shirt and everything else you could imagine. Ok i guess it wasnt the patches fault it was the doctors fault for over medicating her but cripes I cant believe that they just put her on something so strong without knowing how she would react. I am for pain control dont get me wrong but something this strong does need to be used very cautiously. Not to mention these patches are staying on you for days releasing pain meds in your system for days on end to me this means a 100% risk of addiction. I dont know hun I would just be ver cautious. I am not a MD nor wish to be one at this point but be careful.

I Do not Guarentee Any Information Provided But I Will Be As Accurate As I Can.

Rscprincess1 is offline Member

hey check out this thread maybe it can help you.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_>>=7904

I Do not Guarentee Any Information Provided But I Will Be As Accurate As I Can.

martyd is offline New Member

Hi, I been reading some of these storys. When you have pain and must take pain killers, we are all going through the same.. Someone was saying that their sister was dropping smokes? Sounds like she was on Morphine. Thats what morphine does to you if you never took it before. That will stop when she gets use to it. Yea The Dr. screwed up and put her on a high dose. The Dr's are not God. They don't know much about pain killers and don't know anything about getting you off. A reg. Dr. goes for only 8 hours of training in the drug adittion. So we are on our own. I want you to know I been their. I started taking pain killers when I was 17, I am 49 now. I started taking the pain killers hard in 1985. #4 tyl/cod 100 a month on and off for 10 years. I had over 30 detox. In 95 I started oxycontin-work my way up to 80 mil. 3x a day. Also hitting 2 more Dr's for #4 cod. because I didn't want to detox at the end of the month when I ran out of oxy's. I sound like a drug add. I was in pain--had to pay for two kid's school at $30,000 each. Now this all stoped. I thing I found the drug. "Kadain" I been on it for over one year now. I have very little pain,and feel good. I'm not dropping lite cig. on the floor or my bed. No more nodding out. It's safe. I spoke to many Dr's about this and it is as safe as you can get for pain med. They say you could stay on it for long term. I am going to stay on it for life or untill I have no more pain. Why didn't the Dr. give this to me 20 years ago?
    They had it. Morphine is one of the oldest drugs around. I never ask the Dr. that--I will. Tell you sister to talk to the Dr. about Kadain. It cost alot. Hope she has ins. I been telling people about this drug because I don't want them to go through what I had to. Good luck. Marty