Wisdom Teeth
    GamerGirl_2010 is offline New Member

Question Wisdom Teeth

Hi everybody!

Just had a question for anyone who has worn braces before. I was told that I need braces because I have over crowded teeth and an over bite. I went to an orthodonist for a consultion and he said that I might need to have my wisdom teeth removed. He wouldn't know for sure until he took x-rays.

He said that if I did need to have them removed, that he would remove them after I had my braces treatment, a total of 18 months.

What I don't understand is why wait until after the braces treatment?

If my teeth are crowded I would think they would need the room in my mouth before moving/straightening my teeth.

I actually did some research online and according to the information I found, none of my wisdom teeth grew out of the gums like normal teeth do. So, they are considered impacted, I believe.

So my question for you guys is, if you've had your wisdom teeth removed for a braces treatment, did your orthodontist remove them before or after you had your braces?

Thanks in advance everyone.

GamerGirl_2010

Rollercoaster is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGirl_2010 View Post
    Hi everybody!

Just had a question for anyone who has worn braces before. I was told that I need braces because I have over crowded teeth and an over bite. I went to an orthodonist for a consultion and he said that I might need to have my wisdom teeth removed. He wouldn't know for sure until he took x-rays.

He said that if I did need to have them removed, that he would remove them after I had my braces treatment, a total of 18 months.

What I don't understand is why wait until after the braces treatment?

If my teeth are crowded I would think they would need the room in my mouth before moving/straightening my teeth.

I actually did some research online and according to the information I found, none of my wisdom teeth grew out of the gums like normal teeth do. So, they are considered impacted, I believe.

So my question for you guys is, if you've had your wisdom teeth removed for a braces treatment, did your orthodontist remove them before or after you had your braces?

Thanks in advance everyone.

GamerGirl_2010
    Hello! I am currently having treatment towards getting bracers - Part of the treatment is to have my wisdom teeth removed 'before' getting them.