What's the proper way to ask a pharmacist to order a specific generic or brand medica
    ackeiyword is offline Banned

Default What's the proper way to ask a pharmacist to order a specific generic or brand medica

I've narrowed my down which generic brands seem to be inferior to others. How do you go about asking a pharmacy or pharmacist to carry a specific brand for you? Is this a common practice or not so common? Do you think it offends the pharmacist when you do make a special request?

I know that's a lot of questions, but I'm scared to death to ask my pharmacist to order a specific brand of generics for me. I need a little guidance from those of you who have been thru this before. Thanks!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ackeiyword View Post
    I've narrowed my down which generic brands seem to be inferior to others. How do you go about asking a pharmacy or pharmacist to carry a specific brand for you? Is this a common practice or not so common? Do you think it offends the pharmacist when you do make a special request?

I know that's a lot of questions, but I'm scared to death to ask my pharmacist to order a specific brand of generics for me. I need a little guidance from those of you who have been thru this before. Thanks!

Pharmacies typically stock the generic or name brand drugs they receive at the most competitive price. It's all about the bottom line. If you would just ask the pharmacist if they can get the brand name you want, that you are willing to pay the difference to do that, they willl possibly accomodate you. Tell them that is the only brand generic that helps you. They can order any brand they want so you may have to wait a day or two but they can do it. Hope that helps. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

alinabush is offline New Member

I doubt they will get specific brand medicine for you till they get some profitable margin or until you are regular customer of them.

cpmty is offline New Member

Default askinf pharmacist

I don't think your pharmacist is going to listen to you, you will have to tell your dr. so he can write the prescription so the pharmacist does not change for a generic... most of the time the insurance co. do not allow the original but pay only for generics. good luck