What drug is he using?
    Spira is offline New Member

Default What drug is he using?

Hello, I'm new here. Worried about my partner. A few days ago I found a small pipe, with foil covering the barrel, and some residue in the foil from something burned.

She smokes cannabis regularly, which I don't mind, and I know she's smoked it through a pipe (although I've only ever know her to smoke joints), but this doesn't seem like the paraphernalia of dope smoking. Why would she use foil for that? Don't you put the weed directly into the barrel?

Also, why is the foil covering the barrel? Wouldn't it stop the drugs going into the pipe to be inhaled?

I'm pretty concerned that this points to crack or something else harder. Can anyone advise?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Crack is usually not smoked through foil as too much would be wasted. It's probably pot residue although it's obviously impossible to say for sure without looking at the pipe personally. There are other substances that could be smoked as you describe. If it's crack it will be a glass pipe with brillo pushed into one end of the pipe. I would confront them with your concern. If someone is my partner and they are smoking drugs I have a right to ask. Good luck and God bless.

Thanks robert. It was a small wooden and metal pipe, so from what you say that points to cannabis right? I just freaked out about the foil - which I always associate with >>>>>>/crack/crystal meths etc.

I just don't get why you'd smoke pot with foil - I've only ever seen it smoked directly from the pipe barrel. Anyone know?

How does pot residue differ from harder drug residue?

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Thanks robert. It was a small wooden and metal pipe, so from what you say that points to cannabis right? I just freaked out about the foil - which I always associate with >>>>>>/crack/crystal meths etc.

I just don't get why you'd smoke pot with foil - I've only ever seen it smoked directly from the pipe barrel. Anyone know?

The residue left from smoking cocaine or methamphetamine comes from the actual smoke rather than the substance itself like with pot, hashish, opium or similar drugs. It's a much more simple thing to determine that it was crack, meth, etc as a glass pipe would normally be used. The only time an addict would smoke cocaine or meth from a wooden and metal pipe with foil on it would be if they didn't know any better or had no access to the correct pipe. I really would not be suspecting this was the case. Most anyone who would go to the extent of owning a pipe to smoke crack with would purchase the correct pipe. I certainly understand your concern and like I suggested before, just ask this person what is the deal. You have a right to know what they are doing in my opinion. God bless.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post

I have smoked pot from foil exactly like you described.I agree with Robert.Sounds like weed.Probably used foil to make a "bowl or screen"" because nothing else was available.Very common with weed smoking.

Its not really funny but I have to snicker about it at least sometimes. If you give a dope fiend some drugs and a piece of foil they will find a way to get high off it somehow.

It's just sad the extreme that addicts will go to in order to feel a buzz. I have already thanked God this morning for giving me another day where I am not obsessing about using whether it be by using foil, a glass pipe, pills or whatever the case might be. I pray your partner will be able to experience that same peace as it is so much better than any drug. God bless.

Thank you both very much. You've really put my mind at rest - I'm now pretty certain it was just pot, which is fine by me.

God bless.