What to do When You Can’t Afford Medication
    inmate is offline New Member

Default What to do When You Can’t Afford Medication

I'm full time student who is diagnosed with ADD then now Social Anxiety. I used to take Strattera for my ADD (used to pay $100+ every month so I quit cuz so expensive). Now that I have social anxiety too. What can I do?

Psyched is offline Member

Inmate,
    If you're seeing a doctor and he/she prescribes you meds that you can't afford, I always suggest people ask if the hospital has a fund that helps people who can't afford their meds. The hospital I work in does and, believe it or not, the hospital staff contribute to the fund! The money goes towards helping people like yourself who cannot afford their meds, but need them. Also, if you check with your county agencies, they too can suggest options for helping you get the meds you need. Hope this helps. Good luck and God bless. Post later and let me know if you got the help you needed.

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

Have you looked at the Web site of the pharmaceutical company that produces your medication? A lot of them have special programs where they provide their meds free to people who meet certain income guidelines. If you're a full-time student and not earning much, you might qualify.

If such a program is available, you will have to fill out an application and send along some evidence of your income. Your doctor will also need to send a prescription. Then the company will send the meds to your doctor, and you pick them up from there.

Good luck!

annabbeth is offline New Member

Hi! Walmart has $4 medications as well as Target!! Ask your doctor to presccribe a medication off their list. K-Mart has a $12 program which is for 3 months worth of medications!! Good luck to you~!

gammakat is offline New Member

Default What to do When You Can't Afford Medication

Contact the drug maker. Most will give you your meds for 4 bucks. Also talk to your DR he has samples.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-02-2014 at 09:35 PM.