• 1 Post By QtPieTei
  • 4 Post By Anonymous
  • 4 Post By AshleyPsyD
  • 1 Post By NoMoreLies
  • 2 Post By LakenT
  • 2 Post By NoMoreOxy
A WARNING TOO RECREATIONAL USERS!!!
    sfc420 is offline Member

Default A WARNING TOO RECREATIONAL USERS!!!

I tried to post this on ask Erowid and it never got on there, so I figured if I put it in the forum it will be exposed to more people like me, who experiment occasionally.

A month or two ago I found a bottle of compazine in my moms drawer and did some research on it. Its an antipsycotic, I figured that it would calm me like valium does, and for the first night it did! i felt great, loved the drug and couldn't wait to finish the bottle...

The next day my friend called me to see if I wanted to hang out. It was one of the most beautiful days I had ever seen in the lovely bay area, Ca and we decided that, since they were easily accesible, we owuld take some mushrooms and head out to the headlands. I'm not exactly sure as to how the chemicals in mushrooms work on your brain, or how they interact with other drugs, whcih was my mistake when i scarfed my 8th of shrooms. About 45 minutes later i got what I later found out was called "Tardive Dyskia" (i believe) and Psuedoparkinsonism - NO WALK IN THE PARK. It began as a smile that i couldnt get rid of. My jaw became out of control and pulled from left to right, up and down, grinded my teeth together and made it damn hear impossible to speak. I was scared out of my mind, especially on the mushrooms, thinking that this was permanent and that I had completely damaged myself. These symptoms lasted 9 hours straight, and came on and off. It would feel like it was going away, and within minutes it would return more harsh than the last attack. By the end of the evening, I could barely squeeze words out of my voice box, and all I could do is smoke bongloads and hang out with my friend (an amazing friend at that for what he went through with me that day.)
    That was a rant, but the point im trying to make is, NEVER mix psychadelics with RX drugs. If anyone knows what chemicals caused this reaction, your feedback would be appreciated. By the way- unless you've experienced something like this before you wouldn't know what I'm talking about. This isn't like coming down from E, more like taking WAY to much triple C. It was the most horrible day of my lfie and I would never wish it upon anyone.

God Bless All of you, and the fact that I am able to speak again

QtPieTei is offline New Member

Lol, soudns like you got a crack jaw..it happends to crack heads nearly everytime they smoke.
    AshG likes this.

sfc420 is offline Member

Then how on earth could anyone ever want to smoke crack. I mean if thats the truth, then crack heads really suffer because this was more than just uncontrollable jaw movements, but eventually a complete loss of the use of my voice box. It was like a dream - i would try and speak or even say something simple like "can i borrow a sweatshirt" and it would come out sounding like yoda. My hands were shaking, my vision was blurry, and my jaw movements were irratic!!! Whatever you do, dont mix mushrooms with prescription drugs, even vicodin. At this point theres no telling how the chemicals interact.

kellrx is offline Member

You're right that you don't know how things are going to interact, so if you're stupid enough to take an Rx that isn't yours, or an illegal substance, you get what you deserve. And if you continue to do massive quanities of illegal drugs and rx medications what you experienced will happen again, and worse, and probably permanent. And yes it happens more often than you think, I see it everyday. So keep on takin' what you want, I hope you find out the hard way. And just to let you know, this website is to be used for people who have questions about serious medical or health issues, not some druggie who had a bad day. Druggie. And yes, I hope God blesses me because I take care of my body, not abusing it like you do.

face7777 is offline New Member

kellrx don't be so judgmental to the people who post about "illegal" drugs and the ones the govenment will have us take at the risk of death for profit from big drug companies what do you think most of these drugs were made from take vioxx for instance drug dependancy is rampant in this country and the drugs the law ok'ed are no better than the ones ie pot they have deemed illegal. i had a severe wasting syndrome 2 years ago and food went through me and i almost died, thank god i went to canada and smoked pot to rid myself of nausea and it gave me the ability to eat again i was down to 93 lbs. i now weigh 125 and feel better thanks to pot. they cannot patten it and make a profit is the big problem and why its illegal, people have died from vioxx, zyprexa (its been kept quiet here mostly) but read what the government in japan and uk who both have a higher and better health care system than the us i am from canada and have been here for 15 years and find the medical field here abuses alot of people for profit ps no deaths have ever been reported from smoking a little ganja so let people express all experiences for the benefit of all who experiment skip over a post if you don't like it compazine is an antiemetic to stop you from throwing up (cancer experience has let me know first hand and mushrooms will give you a poison reaction so you can't do both but if you do shrooms the drug prilosec will stettle your stomach much better the jaw thing comes from ingesting the wrong mushrooms

face7777 is offline New Member

sfc420 just like different drugs like painkillers and antideppresant every medication and street drug had a different effect on the systemyou have a 1 in 100 chances of dying every time you do a line of coke or crack, but a little ganja never hurt anyone but thanks for your post people can learn from one another and you just might have helped someone out there

Anonymous Guest

quote:You're right that you don't know how things are going to interact, so if you're stupid enough to take an Rx that isn't yours, or an illegal substance, you get what you deserve. And if you continue to do massive quanities of illegal drugs and rx medications what you experienced will happen again, and worse, and probably permanent. And yes it happens more often than you think, I see it everyday. So keep on takin' what you want, I hope you find out the hard way. And just to let you know, this website is to be used for people who have questions about serious medical or health issues, not some druggie who had a bad day. Druggie. And yes, I hope God blesses me because I take care of my body, not abusing it like you do.
    Wow kellrx that is very harsh. The guy was just trying to warn people so that the same thing doesn't happen to others. No he shouldn't have done it but at least he can admit to it and let others know of his experience to prevent it from happening to other people. And for you to wish bad things on him by saying you hope that he finds out the hard way is pretty evil. No I don't agree with it but I would never wish harm on him or anybody. I think you shouldn't be so hateful!
    luvy298, surfdog, aball33 and 1 others like this.

nutkitten is offline New Member

I had a similar thing happen to me while in the hospital. It was an allergic reaction to the pain meds they were giving me. (Inapsine). It is a common allergic reaction, but can be fatal if the person continues to take the drug responsible for the reaction. The only thing they could give me to alleviate the symptoms was Benadryl. The rest was a matter or time. It is a VERY frightening thing to go through even while in the hospital under watchful eyes!

AshleyPsyD is offline New Member

I was hoping for some sort of private messaging option to KellRX, as the things I initially had to say would likely get my post deleted, or even have me banned as a Drugs.com member, however it doesn't look like that is a choice. So, I will put on the kid gloves and respond to him/her here.

KellRX:
    I am a child psychologist. I have recently been lucky enough to open my own practice, where I see wonderful children on a daily basis, and help to assure that their lives slide on track, or they are given the therapy and/or medication they need to obtain and maintain happy and healthy lives. I'm proud to be a psychologist.

I am also a drug addict. I have been addicted to opiates since I was 23 years old (28 now), and involved in a very abusive relationship. I do not condone my over-use of RX'ed medication with the excuses I could, such as: addicted parents and family, murdered relatives, an ex fiancee who abused me in every way possible, genuine anxiety disorder with little reaction to conventional medical assistance....No. I am woman enough to say that *I* got *myself* addicted to pills, and I battle this addiction on a daily basis. I will battle it until I have conquered it completely.

However, I am the youngest psychologist in my county to open her own practice. I graduated Cum Laude, even though I was spiraling into RX drug addiction. I have maintained a high-functioning life. And you know what is hilarious? I am your neighbor. Your friend. Your doctor. Your boss. Your sister. I am SOMEONE YOU KNOW. I am very likely, even someone that you love. I will not hide in shame, because I am everywhere. RX drug addiction effects over half of the US population; particularly young women. So, you know what, hon? Deal with it. Its real, and it is here to stay for a very long time.

God will not ever bless you so long as you have this disgusting attitude used when addressing your fellow man. SHAME, very much, SHAME, on you. You need to take the longest kind of look into the mirror and figure out what makes you such an unhappy person, to do something like taking time out of your day to figuratively slap the face of someone who is just being honest, and posting an experience for the help of anyone who may make the same mistake. You know what I call that? Courage. If you post mistakes you've made on boards like these, you may well save a life. But what are you doing to help? Nothing. This is a sad state of affairs, my dear, and I hope that you overcome whatever malady causes you to be so hateful, nasty, and ignorant. Because God isn't blessing any of that.
    AshG, aball33, Restlessly and 1 others like this.

NoMoreLies is offline Member

The jaw grinding and uncontrollable jaw movements are KNOWN side effects of using Compazine, which is commonly used as an anti nausea medication. That being said if you want to avoid scary situations like this don't take medications that aren't prescribed for you and don't mix them with illegal drugs.
    luvy298 likes this.

LakenT is offline New Member

Well, AshleyPsyD said it better than I could have. Kellrx needs to take a chill pill.
    aball33 and surfdog like this.

Crocosmia is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLies View Post
    The jaw grinding and uncontrollable jaw movements are KNOWN side effects of using Compazine, which is commonly used as an anti nausea medication. That being said if you want to avoid scary situations like this don't take medications that aren't prescribed for you and don't mix them with illegal drugs.
    My non MD 2cents= it wasn't the shrooms, but the compazine that racked you up. I learned years ago after hospital stayes that Compazine makes me feel bat ???? crazy. Like I am crawling out of my skin. I get the jitters, can't get comfortable and just feel crazy. Lasts for 12 hours. I also experienced the jaw locking and grinding. It was horrific - matching up to your experience. I have a few other friends who have had similar experiences! So don't fret. Just stay away from Compazine. I have it listed as an allergy at Walgreens, and whenever I go in for a proceedure. phentergrine has turned out to be a perfect anti-nausea solution for me. Hope that Helps.
    Last edited by Crocosmia; 04-25-2012 at 04:46 AM.

NoMoreOxy is offline Senior Member

You all realize you are replying to a post that is 7 years old right?
    eldray and aball33 like this.