**Vyvanse*-how long to kick in? (ADD med)
    purple one is offline New Member

Question **Vyvanse*-how long to kick in? (ADD med)

Does anyone know how long the ADD medication Vyvanse takes to kick in and help with lack of memory and lack of concentration?:

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by purple one View Post
    Does anyone know how long the ADD medication Vyvanse takes to kick in and help with lack of memory and lack of concentration?:

You should feel the physical effects of the stimulant pretty quickly but it can take more like a couple weeks or longer, even closer to a month, to achieve the positive effects for ADD.

I'm not really an authority on ADD meds, just saw this question going unanswered. How long have you been taking the Vyvanse??? If it's been very long you should call the dr office and speak to a nurse at least. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Lurker is offline New Member

Vyvanse is a long acting stimulant. What is your dose? If you have been using it and feel no effect yet then maybe you are on too low a dose. DR's usually start you on a low dose and you should be working up to 70mg daily. At least that is what my DOC told me. I started on 40mg and it was fine for a few months but she said that 70 is where I needed to be. YMMV.

If you do not feel any help with concentration and your memory is all over the place then call your DR and ask to see what they can do. Do not change your dose without your DR's permission as you may lose the trust of your DR and they may stop Rx'ing you CSII drugs.
    Good luck and I have to say Vyvanse is the best drug for me. I have easy 12 hours coverage. Adderall XR was max 7 hours and Adderall IR was 3 max.

cpndrk is offline New Member

I am currently taking 70mg of vyvanse every morning. I switched from 60mg of adderall xr months ago.

I take my vyvanse as soon as i get up so im generally taking it on an empty stomach but regardless if im on an empty stomach it always ends up kicking in within an hour of taking it. If i'm on an empty stomach usually it kicks in a lot quicker (like a half hour)