singular for asthma
    sherryjag is offline New Member

Default singular for asthma

Does anyone take singulair for their asthma,would like to talk to you,my doctor would like me to switch
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-26-2007 at 06:26 PM.

southerndiva27 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sherryjag View Post
    Does anyone take singulair for their asthma,would like to talk to you,my doctor would like me to switch

I have given it to my son before when he was having asthma attacks when I did not have his inhaler. It is effective but not as effective as his inhaler. I always give him a breathing treatment when I get to it. He is on albuteral.

withak is offline Member

i used to take singular for my asthma before they started advertising it as an 'allergy' medication. it worked extremely good, as a maintanance drug, NOT for fast-acting needs, like asthma attacks. it worked so well, i rarely needed my proventil (albuterol) inhaler, which i was using at least a few times a day. i became pregnant and had to stop it, and haven't gone back to it since my asthma's somewhat under control now with advair. but as far as the singular goes, it's excellent for helping an asthma patient feel like they don't have asthma.

hope that helped. i'd be happy to answer any other asthma questions or concerns you may have, as i've been on literally everything under the sun for my asthma (my dad's a pharmamcist, and he used to bring home samples for me of just about everything when i was a child.) as an adult, i've been under doctor care my whole life and have used many drugs thru him as well.

good luck...

by the way, what would you be switching from?

itsnogood4 is offline Junior Member

Talking

I could not live without my Singulair. Before Singulair came out i was going thru my inhaler in a week and a half. Plus I had my breathing machine. I take my Singulair at night (also helps with allergies) im not up all night cought stuff up anymore like I once was, yes im a smoker. I've been on this medication years now and when i run out im in serious trouble, even if i go two days without it. For me this medication was my gift from god! My doctors also have me on the Advair Diskus Inhaler which helps alot to, I forget to take it alot but with both of those together i maybe use my alupent (rescue) inhaler once a week. Thats a lot better than going thru a rescue inhaler in a week and a half.

novemberrain8403 is offline New Member

I take singulair every now and then. My Advair and Inhaler work a lot better though for myself personally.

I think it all really depends on the person.

Sometimes Singulair only helps my allergies though, and not my asthma.

majoeli is offline New Member

Smile singular for asthma

I have fibromyalgia and for some reason cannot tolerate these drugs. My husband found a book that changed my whole thinking on asthma and the drugs prescribed - BREATHING FREE by Teresa Hale. Check it out at Amazon.com where you can read a part of it before purchasing. Best help I could have got.

SaltRocks! is offline New Member

Default Singulair for Asthma

My daughter, who has acute asthma and chronic allergic rhinitis, started out on singulair but it did not help at all. She then went through several other options which all only helped temporarily but always, eventually, led to severe asthma attacks where she'd need her emergency meds (albuterol & oral steroids) just to come down and then it'd take another 1-2 weeks to fully recover from those episodes.

Drug therapies were to no avail or long-term help for her asthma or allergies so we switched to halotherapy, or salt therapy. She has been sleeping soundly through the night ever since and free from all the ails of asthma too. You can find out more about the ancient but awesome power of pure salt for respiratory relief and remedy at:

http://www.saltrocks.org

Puffing a pipe, that is, a salt pipe has been our light at the end of the tunnel!

JustChillen is offline Junior Member

I take singulair. my pulmonoligist doc presribed for me to take one pill only at night time b4 i go to bed..he told me it should help me breath better when i wake up cuz i told him thats really a lot of time when my breathing isnt good..when i 1st wake up..