Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
SCARED, sick and desperate!!! Took my first Sub & I don't feel well. Please help.
    easttexasgal is offline New Member

Unhappy SCARED, sick and desperate!!! Took my first Sub & I don't feel well. Please help.

Background - I am taking suboxone for norco addiction. I wanted to get off that stuff. I have been on those for years and I did what many do. I became tolerant so I took more and more. I got up to 15 to 20 pills (10mg each) a day. My doctor wrote me a script for 7 days worth of suboxone film. It is taken twice daily. I waited until I was quite sick from WDs. I am not so good with the COWs chart. I did wait about 17 hours before taking one film strip. The doctor told me to take it when I had my first episode of diarreha. I waited longer afer I read the horror of taking it too soon.

My PROBLEM! - After about 30-45 minutes of taking one 8mg film, I became nauseated and very light headed. Its hard to keep my eyes focused or stand. I have to stand slowly. All the other wd symptoms left. No leg pain, no chills, etc. When I get up I feel very weak and dizzy. I just know any minute I will throw up also. It got worse, the nausea. It is 6-7 hours later and the feeling is still there. I want to barf. ughhh I don't have leg pain which is always the first thing to show up when I am in WD. Did I take this stuff too soon? Is it too much meds for me??? I am a very small person and weigh only 95-102lbs. My habit was big though. I also take 3-4 unisom to sleep at night. I am afraid to take those even though the doc said it was ok. I already feel very sleepy though. I am almost afraid to sleep for fear of throwing up in my bed. I havent eaten so I havent thrown up yet. Any help would be appreciated. This suboxone isn't going so well so far. Oh, I kept the film under my tongue, mouth shut for 15-20 minutes. I spit the saliva out. I think I might of swallowed a very tiny amount. Most of it I spit out. I feel horrible. I am afraid to take tomorrows dose. I wasn't told when to take them but I figured every 12 hours or when I wake up. I sleep late because I am a night owl. Please help me or give some advise.
    Thank you!!!

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

In my personal opinion, you took too much sub. Doctors always prescribe 16 mgs. a day but it is definitely a very high dose and not necessary. Sub is stronger than norco. It's stronger than most opiates by a lot. If you had taken it too early and were in precipitated w/d, believe me, you would know it. You'd be in full blow w/d's with all the symptoms that come with that. You cannot trust your doctor and should actually look to Robert_325 to help you taper properly. You probably don't need more than 4-6 mgs. a day to start, if that.
    noisymom74 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by easttexasgal View Post
    Background - I am taking suboxone for norco addiction. I wanted to get off that stuff. I have been on those for years and I did what many do. I became tolerant so I took more and more. I got up to 15 to 20 pills (10mg each) a day. My doctor wrote me a script for 7 days worth of suboxone film. It is taken twice daily. I waited until I was quite sick from WDs. I am not so good with the COWs chart. I did wait about 17 hours before taking one film strip. The doctor told me to take it when I had my first episode of diarreha. I waited longer afer I read the horror of taking it too soon.

My PROBLEM! - After about 30-45 minutes of taking one 8mg film, I became nauseated and very light headed. Its hard to keep my eyes focused or stand. I have to stand slowly. All the other wd symptoms left. No leg pain, no chills, etc. When I get up I feel very weak and dizzy. I just know any minute I will throw up also. It got worse, the nausea. It is 6-7 hours later and the feeling is still there. I want to barf. ughhh I don't have leg pain which is always the first thing to show up when I am in WD. Did I take this stuff too soon? Is it too much meds for me??? I am a very small person and weigh only 95-102lbs. My habit was big though. I also take 3-4 unisom to sleep at night. I am afraid to take those even though the doc said it was ok. I already feel very sleepy though. I am almost afraid to sleep for fear of throwing up in my bed. I havent eaten so I havent thrown up yet. Any help would be appreciated. This suboxone isn't going so well so far. Oh, I kept the film under my tongue, mouth shut for 15-20 minutes. I spit the saliva out. I think I might of swallowed a very tiny amount. Most of it I spit out. I feel horrible. I am afraid to take tomorrows dose. I wasn't told when to take them but I figured every 12 hours or when I wake up. I sleep late because I am a night owl. Please help me or give some advise.
    Thank you!!!

You received typical WRONG sub dr advice. If you will do as I ask I will re-induct you properly, but you need to stop taking anymore subs until they are out of your system and I can probably have you stable at about 3mg coming off norcos. Let me know if you want my help. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default Yes. I want help.

Yes, I want help to do this right. I haven't taken anything so far today. I took that 8mg yesterday around 6pm. I feel weak still, but other than that ok. That is probably because I haven't really eaten anything since Tuesday night. I had a snack yesterday at noon and threw it up soon after the suboxone was taken. I don't have sweats, pain, etc. today. I just am scared to take suboxone at that amount again. So what do I need to do Robert?

Yes, I want help to do this right. I haven't taken anything so far today. I took that 8mg yesterday around 6pm. I feel weak still, but other than that ok. That is probably because I haven't really eaten anything since Tuesday night. I had a snack yesterday at noon and threw it up soon after the suboxone was taken. I don't have sweats, pain, etc. today. I just am scared to take suboxone at that amount again. So what do I need to do Robert?

Whether or not you like the COWS worksheet that is what you have to go by to do this properly. It will take another day for sure to get all the original subs out of your system at least. Then you'll need to be at a 26 minimum on the COWS worksheet and then I can re-induct you properly. I'll have you done and totally stable at somewhere around 3mg, maybe less, and you'll feel like you just got out of high school if you listen to me. Stay in touch and we will see how you progress. You basically need to start over again to do this right. God bless.
    ben aus likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

wannabcln is offline New Member

Unhappy please read looking for robert

hi i am new to the site and im trying to get clean i have some suboxone i have 8 in total and have a dr appt to get on them to get clean my addiction is >>>>>> and i really wanna be sober im losing my life and everything and everyone in it please im trying to reach robert it said to friend him but im not sure as of yet how to do that but i could really use a smart sober ear to help me do this right i dont wanna set myself up to fail please

Great! I was afraid you would say that. I hate doctors sometimes. ughhh I suffered once and now again. This really stinks. Well, hopefully it won't take long because if I miss anymore work they are going to fire me. I work two jobs. I could only get off one of them. I had to call in sick to the other. I hope I can get back on my feet soon. The reason the worksheet bothers me is its hard to gauge where you are. Some of those signs I never have gotten even after many days of norco withdraw. But I will listen to you. I want to clear up some stuff while I can think straight. How do you figure out how much to cut off the film? I noticed your reply to my reply about swallowing. I have film so it had disolved before I spit. I read that if you swallow the saliva your chance of headaches and nausea were stronger. Was this just bull? Gosh, would I have been even more sick if I swallowed. Thanks for your help. My nausea is back now. I don't have anything in me but water.

newyorkgal - thanks for responding too. I was scared last night because of the bad reaction to suboxone. I didn't want to give up on it and hit the bad stuff again.

So much for the water. I threw it up too. I feel very weak and light headed again. Is this suboxone doing this or what???? I never threw up from WDs before. I took two advil for a headache and that came up too. Nasty taste.

Great! I was afraid you would say that. I hate doctors sometimes. ughhh I suffered once and now again. This really stinks. Well, hopefully it won't take long because if I miss anymore work they are going to fire me. I work two jobs. I could only get off one of them. I had to call in sick to the other. I hope I can get back on my feet soon. The reason the worksheet bothers me is its hard to gauge where you are. Some of those signs I never have gotten even after many days of norco withdraw. But I will listen to you. I want to clear up some stuff while I can think straight. How do you figure out how much to cut off the film? I noticed your reply to my reply about swallowing. I have film so it had disolved before I spit. I read that if you swallow the saliva your chance of headaches and nausea were stronger. Was this just bull? Gosh, would I have been even more sick if I swallowed. Thanks for your help. My nausea is back now. I don't have anything in me but water.

newyorkgal - thanks for responding too. I was scared last night because of the bad reaction to suboxone. I didn't want to give up on it and hit the bad stuff again.

I think you started too soon before you were in severe w/d and you went into precipitated w/d. Swallowing subs after they dissolve making you sick is a crock! I don't think half the sub drs have any idea of what they are doing. Someone should slam 16mg of suboxone down their throat and let them see how terribly much that is and how it makes you sick.

You need to try and eat something even if it's oatmeal or some rice, something bland. Get something in your stomach. And get some Pedialyte which is loaded with electrolytes if you are suffering from nausea. It will help keep you hydrated.

You'll make it through this just hang on and we'll have you feeling good soon. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabcln View Post
    hi i am new to the site and im trying to get clean i have some suboxone i have 8 in total and have a dr appt to get on them to get clean my addiction is >>>>>> and i really wanna be sober im losing my life and everything and everyone in it please im trying to reach robert it said to friend him but im not sure as of yet how to do that but i could really use a smart sober ear to help me do this right i dont wanna set myself up to fail please

I can help you right here. The main thing is to be inducted properly which I can do right here. When is your dr appt?

Here is the link to how I've done this with subs for years. Read it closely paying close attention to the induction section. Then let me know the answers to my questions above. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Thanks, I hope I feel better soon. No wonder people are afraid to get off drugs. Maybe someone needs to help the doctors learn more about suboxone. Making them take it might help. Maybe not.

Thanks, I hope I feel better soon. No wonder people are afraid to get off drugs. Maybe someone needs to help the doctors learn more about suboxone. Making them take it might help. Maybe not.

All they do is take a little test I could pass blindfolded to get certified. It's totally ignorant that is all that is required of them.

Its sad because it could kill someone. I am glad this stuff is out there to help, but i wish more knowledge about it wass too. I wish I saw your other post you just mentioned above about induction before this happened. I really felt I was in moderate/mod. severe WDs. I was trying to use COWs sheet, it took me forever to find it in another format besides pdf. My pdf is messed up. I went 28 hours not 18. I cant count when I am this sick. So when do I need to get back on here and you will be around?

Its sad because it could kill someone. I am glad this stuff is out there to help, but i wish more knowledge about it wass too. I wish I saw your other post you just mentioned above about induction before this happened. I really felt I was in moderate/mod. severe WDs. I was trying to use COWs sheet, it took me forever to find it in another format besides pdf. My pdf is messed up. I went 28 hours not 18. I cant count when I am this sick. So when do I need to get back on here and you will be around?

I'm here on and off daily. You need to get over the precip w/d symptoms, then start going into w/d again. Let me know when the sickness gets better and I'll guide you through doing the COWS worksheet.

When we get ready to re-induct you is there anyone that could help? Lots of people have a difficult time accurately judging themselves. We tend to cut ourselves too much slack.

Not to scare you but when you are truly ready to induct you will be so sick of me saying wait you'll be ready to tell me to buzz off. That's when you'll be getting CLOSE to being ready. God bless.

No I don't have any help. Its just me and my 3 kids. I can't let them know I am trying suboxone. They think I have the stomach virus. Your not scaring me. I was like that last night. I was yelling at everyone. My poor kids............they know I am ugly when I am sick or don't get enough sleep. They probably are used to my mood swings. I can be quite ugly, but right now I just feel sorry for myself and feel icky. Thanks again and I will talk to you later. When I am sicker than a dog.

Keep me posted how you're doing and I'll help you get through this. We'll do the COWS worksheet together when the time gets here. Just let me know how you're progressing. God bless.

Just updating you Robert so you can go to bed. I am still alive and kicking. I have actually held down gatorade and food. I am weak, a headache, depressed, but that is all. This suboxone stuff must last forever in the body. I don't have any other symptoms. No leg pain, body pain, nausea is gone, no runny nose or the other type of runs, nothing. I am about to take a couple of unisom to go to sleep if you think that is ok? I stayed in bed all day and watched movies and am ready to do the same tomorrow. I had an offer of a fentanyl patch (by my ex who came by, he helped get me hooked on the 10s) and one of my friends called with some 10s to sell. I turned them all down. I want to win this fight for my kids and myself. I am tired of working two jobs and still losing everything. So you can see I am really trying here. Let me know about unisom. Thanks

It's okay for tonight as you've been through a lot. But starting tomorrow you take NOTHING, not even an advil. It will get you to that 26 score more quickly as taking ANYTHING will only prolong your agony. Let me know how you're feeling tomorrow by the afternoon. I am in East TX as well so we are on the same time zone. God bless.

Robert, I still don't feel so bad. Isn't that strange? I just woke up so taking two unisom knocked my butt out last night. I feel more strong today, guess eating helped. I am confused as to why I am not sicker or entering withdraws. This stuff must have some staying power.

Robert, I still don't feel so bad. Isn't that strange? I just woke up so taking two unisom knocked my butt out last night. I feel more strong today, guess eating helped. I am confused as to why I am not sicker or entering withdraws. This stuff must have some staying power.

This is exactly why I said don't take ANYTHING else after last night. We will be able to get a better idea of where you stand over the next day or so. I know how to do this, just trust me and we'll get you clean I promise.

Subs half life can be three days so just hope for the best but be prepared for less. Main thing is follow what I'm telling you to the letter and keep me informed. I've been down this road a lot of times and I won't let you down. God bless.

Here is the problem I am having. I am suppose to go back to work tomorrow. I can't miss tomorrow or I lose my job. If I give them notice today they might give me a break. Not sure. Is the chance of me getting WDs tomorrow huge? I figure it will be, but not sure. Also, my kids are totally angry with me for being in bed 3 days now. Today is 3rd day. They say we don't see what's wrong. You look okay. I try and tell them I am weak, have been sick, both ends, etc. and they just walk off angry. I know it is because they want me to take them places, etc. and I am afraid to leave the house. I know any second the WDs might kick in. My stomach is making some strange noises so I know I will be hitting the pot anytime. Sorry to be gross. It is what it is though and I know most people here have experienced it. I am just tired of not getting any support. No, I don't deserve it I guess, I have put my kids first usually though. I always try to meet their needs first before mine. I wish I could tell them, but it wouldn't be in their best interest. They are very young teens and a preteen. I don't want them to think I am more of a loser.

Do you work all weekend? You could take imodium AD with you and tough it out for a day. And then it may not get that bad. I can't predict accurately what will happen tomorrow. In a couple days I can tell you but it's still a little too soon for me to give you a reply that holds any weight. Wish I could do better. I say it depends on your schedule. I've worked pretty sick myself when I had no choice. I know that doesn't answer your question but it's about as good as I can do right this second. God bless.

I work all day tomorrow. I am suppose to go in at noon and work until very late. It sucks because I am on my feet and I don't think I can tough it out. I have before for 5-6 hours but not all day for 9 hours. We aren't allowed to sit down. I know now that it is beginning, the WDs. It is coming slow right now so I am thinking it will be bad tomorrow. I will just have to see what happens. I know you can't give me a time. That would be impossible. I did get up and take my daughter into town so she would quit thinking I was horrible. That was when I felt I needed to get back home pretty quick because of being to far from bathroom. So I know its starting. How am I suppose to cut these films up? I might want to do that before I get too bad sick. I don't have a razor. I just have scissors. The sharpest are hair cutting ones.

Do you have computer access at work? It's possible you could be ready tomorrow and I could induct you while you're there. I can do it very easily over 2-3 hours time with it getting better all during that time.

No, we aren't even allowed to use our phones. I just asked off and told her I would bring a doctors note when I come back. I am still waiting for an answer. I am hopeful. So what about the 8mg film? How do I cut that?

No, we aren't even allowed to use our phones. I just asked off and told her I would bring a doctors note when I come back. I am still waiting for an answer. I am hopeful. So what about the 8mg film? How do I cut that?

8mg films are 7/16" long, so every 1/16" is right at a mg. I would use a razor blade. And if you are going to be home PLEASE let me induct you. I can do this, it's what I do best! I can have you inducted at such a low dose and you'll feel great and won't have anymore of the precipitated w/d. Let me know if you want me to do this with you. I don't mind at all and it will get you off on the right foot. I can have you totally stable in 2-3 hours and it will be over. God bless.

They won't let me off. I have to go in. I am still not suffering yet. I feel okay. Still weird feeling, but not sick. I will check in late tonight or tomorrow. I am scared, but I will get through this. Thanks for info. I will still let you help me.

They won't let me off. I have to go in. I am still not suffering yet. I feel okay. Still weird feeling, but not sick. I will check in late tonight or tomorrow. I am scared, but I will get through this. Thanks for info. I will still let you help me.

I will stay in touch with you. Talk with me later tonight and we'll see how you're doing. We will get you through this the right way I promise. God bless.

Just got home and still alive. I am not too bad. My mucsles are really sore, but other than that so far so good. It is starting I think. My emotions are wild right now. We shall see. If the WDs don't show tomorrow, maybe they never will. ha ha Wishful thinking. Yeah? Anyway, I just wish people I am trying to stay away from because they are bad for me would leave me alone. They are not helping at all. They are staying in my head. They text me to see if I want any now. grrrr This is freaking hard.

Just got home and still alive. I am not too bad. My mucsles are really sore, but other than that so far so good. It is starting I think. My emotions are wild right now. We shall see. If the WDs don't show tomorrow, maybe they never will. ha ha Wishful thinking. Yeah? Anyway, I just wish people I am trying to stay away from because they are bad for me would leave me alone. They are not helping at all. They are staying in my head. They text me to see if I want any now. grrrr This is freaking hard.

TURN OFF YOUR FREAKIN CELL PHONE!!!! Think! I will check on you after church. You're going to be okay. God bless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast