Robert's Taper Plan/Help/Support
    freefromsub is offline New Member

Default Robert's Taper Plan/Help/Support

Hi..Robert and Everyone. I am a brand new member... I am joining because I really need some help and support with my subutex taper. I also hope my story will help someone. For the past year I have been reading other people's stories on here to find strength and inspiration and I successfully tapered off of subutex with Robert's plan. I went from 8mg to 0mg. I really wanted off of the medication because I was pregnant and did not want to be on anything for my birth....my beautiful baby girl was born in May.....I was completely off of subutex when she was born. After I had her I decided that I should go back on a low maintence dose. I am now at 1.50mg and want to be off of the medication for good. It has been 4 months back on subutex and something inside of me has shifted....Before I wanted off subutex for my daughter, but now I want off for ME!!...(and of course for her and my family) Also, I have several 2mg tablets so I am fine on cutting them. So here is my plan:
    1.50 for 4 to 5 days
    1.25 for 4 to 5 days
    1mg for 4 to 5 days
    .75mg for 4 to 5 days
    .50mg for 4 to 5 days
    .25mg for 4 to 5 days
    then off.
    Robert if you see anything that needs fixed or modified please let me know. And all the support I can get would really help. I am going to try to post throughout my entire process! Thank you to everyone!!!!!!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Some of those reductions are too big and you'll feel w/d symptoms doing straight .25mg reduction every time. Sometimes you can do more than that, as your dose lessens so does the amount you reduce by. Stick to the plan of reducing your dose, whatever it is at the time, by 25%. Do that four days or so and then proceed to the next reduction. It has worked for lots of people and will work for you if you follow exactly what I'm saying.

I am recovering from a major surgery and just saw this post when I was getting ready to update my status for the forum. But I'll be back on the forum more regularly in 3-5 days. I still need a little more time for myself. So by the time you're ready to reduce your dose again I will be back online regularly. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

freefromsub is offline New Member

Default Robert's Taper Plan/Help/Support

Hey Robert, I hope your surgery goes well, and I hope your recovery goes smoothly. I will pray for you to get well soon! I am going to start my reduction when you are able to guide me through this. I feel such a relief to have someone to talk to about this. Last time I just did it on my own, but I know I need some support and your help. I guess I have been doing this taper all wrong because I thought a .25mg reduction was what I was supposed to do. I am not good at math so can you lay it out for me? I did calculations and I dont think I am doing this right. I felt withdrawals when I did the taper last time. So, I thought 25% of 1.50 is 1.25?? I'm just going to wait for you to lay this out for me!! Thanks so much Robert!!

freedom11 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by freefromsub View Post
    Hey Robert, I hope your surgery goes well, and I hope your recovery goes smoothly. I will pray for you to get well soon! I am going to start my reduction when you are able to guide me through this. I feel such a relief to have someone to talk to about this. Last time I just did it on my own, but I know I need some support and your help. I guess I have been doing this taper all wrong because I thought a .25mg reduction was what I was supposed to do. I am not good at math so can you lay it out for me? I did calculations and I dont think I am doing this right. I felt withdrawals when I did the taper last time. So, I thought 25% of 1.50 is 1.25?? I'm just going to wait for you to lay this out for me!! Thanks so much Robert!!
    hi there - as someone whose just been through this, i think robert was referring to the smaller doses. eg 0.5 to 0.25 is 50% and 0.75 to 0.50 is about 33%. You notice it much more on these small doses than you do the bigger ones. Love Jayxx