is ritalin a narcotic ?
    josh3900 is offline New Member

Default is ritalin a narcotic ?

i am on ritalin and would like to know if it is a narcotic?

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

It depends on how you define narcotic, the word has become synonymous with all illicit drugs and schedule 2 and 3 controlled substances. Ritalin is a schedule 2 controlled drug, it has a high potential for abuse, so basically yes, it is a narcotic, Mr. Policeman will arrest you if you have it without a script. Don't get me ranting about what a narcotic truly is, I'm not in the mood!

ccastenskiold is offline New Member

Default Ritalin is not a narcotic

Technically Ritalin is stimulant. Narcotics are drugs derived from the opium poppy, or
    synthetic drugs that work like narcotics. Morphine is extracted and made from opium.
    Meperedine (Demerol) is a synthetic narcotic. Law enforcement usually call any drug
    with abuse potential a narcotic. Go figure.

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

Thank you CC, I agree, drugs like cocaine, marijuana, hash, crank, LSD, methylphenidate are not narcs, but LEA insists that they are, dumb.
    The only true narcotics are the drugs that come from the opium poppy (Papaver somniferum) and they are, opium, >>>>>>, codeine, and morphine, these are the only true opiates, all the other "narcotic" pain killers are synthetic and are actually opioids.

Opiates have been consumed by mankind for over 6000 years, a true medicine of God, all natural, and you can go to jail for it, yep I agree, go figure.

rftn10 is offline New Member

Ritalin is not a narcotic, it is a stimulant and a schedule 2 control substance . Just FYI, with in regards to hair follicle tests ritalin will not show up for any illicit drug use. A urinalysis it "may" show up, if you use the cheaper version of urinalysis however gcms confirmation will prove no illicit drug will be found.