Real OxyContin at Walgreen pharmacies??
    amgalvin3 is offline New Member

Default Real OxyContin at Walgreen pharmacies??

Is this true? I'm in the Detroit area. I'm just trying to figure it out. I don't take them that often, if I could just get ONE script of them real, I'd be so very happy. Has anyone heard anything like that at all?? I hear a bunch of different stuff. Thanks! PS, I get 80 mg

doc.rose is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by amgalvin3 View Post
    Is this true? I'm in the Detroit area. I'm just trying to figure it out. I don't take them that often, if I could just get ONE script of them real, I'd be so very happy. Has anyone heard anything like that at all?? I hear a bunch of different stuff. Thanks! PS, I get 80 mg
    What are you talking about? The makers of Oxycontin have created a pill that is pretty much tamper resistant. They did this to curb people from abusing the pills. Is this what you are talking about?

Bubbi is offline New Member

Question Confused??

If you do not take OC very often--then how is it that you have them at all. 80 mgs?
    The new tamper resistant OC is real and just as good as the "old" OC.
    You will no longer find anything but the tamper resistant OC. My drug store told me yesterday that everyone is complaining about the new OC--allergic etc... but the odds of all those folks having the same trouble is almost impossible.

Purdue worked long and hard to add safety features to a drug that has given many people their lives back. The alternative was finding OC dumped forever due to those who chose to abuse it.

IMO--fill your script--take as directed. If you don't need them--great--don't take them at all--flush them or return them to the drug store.
    Bubbi

Quote Originally Posted by amgalvin3 View Post
    Last edited by Bubbi; 10-23-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling

amgalvin3 is offline New Member

the new op make me nauseous. I don't take them the wrong way, but these don't seem as strong, and they don't last as long. I tried a generic brand yesterday with an M on the back, they too aren't quite the same, but better. Oh well, figured I'd try and ask, didn't think I'd get the replies I got. I'm in college to be a certified drug councilor, doubt I'd be very good at my soon to be job if I were abusing drugs! LOL!

Oh, and I know they're name brand, I just figured most would know what I was talking about. Thanks. I'm hearing from other forums that it's the filler that makes some people nauseous.
    Last edited by amgalvin3; 10-24-2010 at 03:02 AM.

rea2755 is offline New Member

the only oxycontin being manufactured are the op's. I spoke directly to Purdue about the rumor of Walgreens carrying a similar pill to oxycontin distributed by ethex. It's a rumor and that's all it is. I am also having terrible side effects from the new formula, but will continue to take them in hopes that my body will become accustomed to them. If not, it will be another long haul of trying different pain relievers. I have been through this before and am scared to death to do it again. I take oxycontin because it is the only pain reliever that did not give me side effects and actually worked for me (I'm talking about the old formula). Again, I feel as though the government et-al should be prosecuting the dealers, abusers and quack doctors, not the people who take this medication the way it is intended and who need it desperately. Why is it always the good people that have to suffer? God help us all, it's hard enough living day in and day out in this horrible pain. At the very least the oxycontin gave me a better quality of life.