Psoriatic Arthritis
    dalejrfan71 is offline Member

Post Psoriatic Arthritis

Hi everyone, I need information on psoriatic arthritis please. My doctor diagnosed me with psoriatic arthritis recently. I went to see him today because the pain from my psoriatic arthritis is getting worse. My back, hips and knees are in constant pain now with no relief.

My doctor switched me from percocets to straight oxycodone 10mg 4 times a day, as well as taking ralivia (tramadol extended release 300mg once a day. With everything I am taking you would think that I would have adequate pain relief. I am still in a lot of pain, plus the pain is making sleep difficult to say the least. I am lucky if I get 2 - 3 hours of sleep at night.

My quality of life sucks right now, plus I am developing depression as well now. The depression stems from being stuck at home, not being able to go out and spend time with my wife shopping or even just getting out for the day. My wife is worried that I might do something drastic, I have told her that I would never do anything drastic such as suicide. I have told her that she gives me a reason to wake up everyday.

When I get down on myself, she gives me that little kick in the a$$ to stop feeling sorry for myself. My doctor is trying to get me a referral to a pain management doctor who is really good about treating chronic pain. I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while, with my pain being so bad, all I can do is lie down to hopefully relieve the pain.

Please help me, if this keeps going the way it's going, I'm not going to be able to take my wife and her mother Christmas shopping, plus not to mention that Christmas is going to suck this year
    If you want to live life on your own terms,
    You got to be willing to crash and burn

grip is offline Member

There is a type of drug known as TNF blockers (Enbrel, Humira, Remicade) that have had success with your condition. It generally comes in an injection form once a week. They are immune suppressors for auto-immune diseases but can have some serious side effects, including cancer. It's a risk vs benefits ratio that you want to discuss with your physician.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Dale .... I agree with grip! You should talk with a Rheumatologist about using Embrel or a similar medication. Regular drs can't prescribe it, you'll have to see a rheumy but you would be able to get off some of the pain meds. I have four autoimmune disorders including RA. A rheumatologist is the best way to go. That is my best advice. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

dalejrfan71 is offline Member

Thumbs up

My doctor is trying to get me a referral to a rheumatologist. My doctor said that there is a nerve blocker injection that could possibly last a month. My doctor is really awesome at the way he is treating me. He doesn't look at me as a junkie looking to score drugs, he understands everything that I am going through.

I once went to a pain clinic where the doctor said that all I should take for the pain is 3 extra strength advil 3 times a day. I am type 2 diabetic, taking 1 advil is risky for my kidneys, never mind taking 3 at once. When I told my doctor that, he just about hit the ceiling. He felt bad because he sent me to this quack of a doctor.

I just wanted to extend my appreciation to everyone here for their input and advice. It really means a lot to me, I have had so many people here where I live to "suck it up & deal with it" Having the members of this awesome community site helping me not only with advice, but also making sure that I am alright means a lot to me.
    If you want to live life on your own terms,
    You got to be willing to crash and burn

grip is offline Member

good job dale I think you're heading in the right direction