Pregnancy and overwhelming nausea!
    RayRay2 is offline New Member

Default Pregnancy and overwhelming nausea!

Please help me! I am 9 weeks pregnant and I am so nauseated all the time, it is affecting EVERYTHING! I am never not nauseated, just sometimes it puts me in the bed curled up in a ball, while other times, it just feels as if i could throw up at any minute, but I can at least get up and around. I am not able to eat well, and it is scaring me. I have been suggested phenergan, which only knocks me out. Any ideas? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay2 View Post
    Please help me! I am 9 weeks pregnant and I am so nauseated all the time, it is affecting EVERYTHING! I am never not nauseated, just sometimes it puts me in the bed curled up in a ball, while other times, it just feels as if i could throw up at any minute, but I can at least get up and around. I am not able to eat well, and it is scaring me. I have been suggested phenergan, which only knocks me out. Any ideas? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Congrats on your pregnancy! Have you spoken with your OB/Gyn about this problem? There are a number of drugs that can safely help with morning sickness - with no harm to the baby. Also, there are some homeopathic suggestions from other moms; some you may be able to find on the internet. One that I recall (my midwife told me) was to barely lift my head off the pillow in the morning, and eat 2 saltines in that position. No fluid. For some reason, the mix of saltines PLUS a drink of water would trigger more nausea.

Keep in mind, usually morning sickness pretty much passes by the end of the first trimester. So that won't be too much longer...

It's ALLLLLL worth it!!!!

God bless,
    Ruth

sherrihadley is offline New Member

First of all, congrats on your pregnancy! I suffered with morning sickness through my first pregnancy and it was awful. I was having a boy. I did not suffer with it during the pregnancies with either of my daughters, so maybe your having a boy Anyways, I was told to drink ginger tea because that helps settle the stomach. Peppermint also has a soothing effect on the stomach. You could suck on peppermint candy or drink peppermint tea.
    I also agree with the previous poster about eating saltines before getting out of bed. Good luck to you