Pre employment hair drug test Q
    Ricko481 is offline New Member

Default Pre employment hair drug test Q

I have a drug test coming up for a job I applied for. 2 months ago I took 4 Vicodin over 2 days time that a friend had given me because I hurt my back. From reading on the internet I see that 1/2 inch of hait gives 30 days "history", 1" of hair will give 60 days 1.5" gives 90 days etc.

My question is this: If I cut my hair to less then 1" did I cut away the "history" of using Vicodin which was not prescribed to me?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    I have a drug test coming up for a job I applied for. 2 months ago I took 4 Vicodin over 2 days time that a friend had given me because I hurt my back. From reading on the internet I see that 1/2 inch of hait gives 30 days "history", 1" of hair will give 60 days 1.5" gives 90 days etc.

My question is this: If I cut my hair to less then 1" did I cut away the "history" of using Vicodin which was not prescribed to me?

You can do that but in most cases if they know you've cut your hair off that is reason to fail you. In addition you can be checked with fingernails. You would have to cut all the hair on your body. They could do a follicle from anywhere on you.

You might just consider honesty with the potential employer. If that was ALL that showed up (4 vics in two days and NOTHING ELSE) and you explained what happened in advance of the test they would probably blow it off. Good luck, but it's tough beating a hair follicle test. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    You can do that but in most cases if they know you've cut your hair off that is reason to fail you. In addition you can be checked with fingernails. You would have to cut all the hair on your body. They could do a follicle from anywhere on you.

You might just consider honesty with the potential employer. If that was ALL that showed up (4 vics in two days and NOTHING ELSE) and you explained what happened in advance of the test they would probably blow it off. Good luck, but it's tough beating a hair follicle test. God bless.
    I'll re-phrase the Q a bit. Given that my hair grows at 1" in 60 days, if I took the vicodin 60 days ago the "evidence" in my hair would be 1" from my scalp? ...And there would be no evidence that I used vicoden in the hair from my scalp to that 1" point?

This is a purely hypothetical question, hair growth is going to vary between different people.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

cvtldy1958 is offline Member

Default thought i would jump in here!

I am a certified drug and alcohol technician..so I can help you. That small a dose surely is nothing to worry about. You are not a 'user', pls. do yourself a favor and put on your documentation that you had taken a vicodin!
    You simply hurt your back. We aren't looking for 'people' like YOU...lol

Don't lie. Don't cut your hair. Just tell the truth.
    Here is the worst thing that could happen.
    the MRO (doc) will possibly see the hydrocodone as a positive, he will inform w/results.
    then on your documentation, It will show that 'yes' you have noted that you needed a couple of pain pills, for an injury..END OF STORY!

good luck

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cvtldy1958 View Post
    I am a certified drug and alcohol technician..so I can help you. That small a dose surely is nothing to worry about. You are not a 'user', pls. do yourself a favor and put on your documentation that you had taken a vicodin!
    You simply hurt your back. We aren't looking for 'people' like YOU...lol

Don't lie. Don't cut your hair. Just tell the truth.
    Here is the worst thing that could happen.
    the MRO (doc) will possibly see the hydrocodone as a positive, he will inform w/results.
    then on your documentation, It will show that 'yes' you have noted that you needed a couple of pain pills, for an injury..END OF STORY!

good luck
    The fact of the matter is though, I'm looking pretty shaggy and I'm due for a haircut and I usually get it cut pretty short. What's the shortest I can go to give a usable sample of head hair before they start clipping chest or armpit hairs?

klopper22 is offline Member

aldrinmirambel is offline New Member

how can i have a thin hair?
    waiting for your reply?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by klopper22 View Post

Thanks. That's a good link, had to save that one. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

klopper22 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Thanks. That's a good link, had to save that one. God bless.
    No problem. I am sure it can be of some benefit in your counceling.