Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tjohnson92389
Pharmacy Tech
    Henessy is offline New Member

Default Pharmacy Tech

Hey I'm interested in becoming a pharmacy tech in NJ. I was wondering if there are any techs or pharmacists out there that could give me any advice. Also what schools would be good? I've heard mixed reviews about a few and I'm not sure.

tjohnson92389 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    Hey I'm interested in becoming a pharmacy tech in NJ. I was wondering if there are any techs or pharmacists out there that could give me any advice. Also what schools would be good? I've heard mixed reviews about a few and I'm not sure.
    Dunno if you'll still read this, but i went to apollo college(now called carrington college in most states) and i got a 3.9gpa all year long.

Dont waste your time in 2 year programs that give you "degrees". The degrees are virtually pointless, 82% of technicians in the US have just licenses.
    PeterRabbit2 likes this.

PeterRabbit2 is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tjohnson92389 View Post
    Dunno if you'll still read this, but i went to apollo college(now called carrington college in most states) and i got a 3.9gpa all year long.

Dont waste your time in 2 year programs that give you "degrees". The degrees are virtually pointless, 82% of technicians in the US have just licenses.
    I agree, "on-the-job" training is the way to go.

Good luck, TJ!
    Peter

Aaliah thomas is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post

Hey Henessy

There was a time when pharmacists were in demand. But now the pharmacists are not getting any place anywhere. This may be because of large influx of pharmacists in the market year after year. If you haven't taken admission yet, then I would suggest you to give a second thought to it.

In my opinion you should try for something that has relatively less competition in the market. May be something related to veterinary. There are some very good universities which provides veterinary courses, both regular and online. You can opt for anything depending upon your requirement.

Really veterinary is a wonderful career for those who love animals and want to spend time with them.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-31-2011 at 07:21 PM.