Percocet, Ambien, Lyrica, Cymbalta take together???
    Alliekat is offline New Member

Smile Percocet, Ambien, Lyrica, Cymbalta take together???

Hey!
    I had neck surgery back in Nov. 07'. A C6-7 fusion with a plate and cadaver bone. They put me on Percocet for the pain, but >> been on it for a year now due to pain i had before my surgery. I have been on Ambien since i was 15.. Im now 22 and i still cannot sleep without them. Then last week i was told i have Fibromyalgia and my Dr put me on Cymbalta (60mg) and Lyrica (50mg) twice a day.
    My question is.. Can i take these together and function the next morning? Ive taken Ambien and Percocet together before, but not with these other two. Lyrica and Cymbalta.
    I know lyrica and cymbalta make me very sleepy, dizzy and almost drunk feeling but i cannot stand being 22 years old and not sleeping, and being in pain 24/7!
    I need the Ambien to sleep, sometimes need the Percocet for pain, and i have to take the Lyrica and Cymbalta to help my fibro.
    Has anyone else taken these meds together??
    Has anyone taken Cymbalta and Lyrica??
    Can you recommend a good time to take these as they do make me sleepy??

Sorry this was so long but AHHH can someone who knows anything please write me back?? I dont know anyone who has any of my problems or takes the meds im on!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!
    Allie

UNEEK1 is offline Member

I take Cymbalta (which I am going to wean off of soon). I have tried Lyrica, and I would recommend taking them in the evening until your body gets used to them, usually about 3 days. Then start taking another pill in the mid-day. Hope this helps.

jorzane2 is offline New Member

Smile

Sorry to hear about your medical problems. Although nice to hear someone else is having some of the same problems as myself....makes me feel I am not alone.

I had neck surgery with fusion and plate, as well as shoulder surgery and much soft tissue damage. As well as diagnosed with fibro. I felt much pain and starting feeling depressed...due to the pain and lack of sleep. The lack of sleep is a side effect of the fibro. I am on lyrica, which I take before bedtime, which helps me sleep and take the percocet during the day to relieve the pain. Although I started taking an anti-depressant before starting lyrica, but just taking a very small dosage of the anti-depressant. If the lyrica is not helping me sleep some nights, I take a small amount of xanax. Doing this has made me feel so much better. Another thing has help me...my doc has started me on Lyrica in some dosages and inceasing it slowing as to reduce the side effects. It has really kept the side effect to a minimum.

Hope this has helped.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jorzane2 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your medical problems. Although nice to hear someone else is having some of the same problems as myself....makes me feel I am not alone.

I had neck surgery with fusion and plate, as well as shoulder surgery and much soft tissue damage. As well as diagnosed with fibro. I felt much pain and starting feeling depressed...due to the pain and lack of sleep. The lack of sleep is a side effect of the fibro. I am on lyrica, which I take before bedtime, which helps me sleep and take the percocet during the day to relieve the pain. Although I started taking an anti-depressant before starting lyrica, but just taking a very small dosage of the anti-depressant. If the lyrica is not helping me sleep some nights, I take a small amount of xanax. Doing this has made me feel so much better. Another thing has help me...my doc has started me on Lyrica in some dosages and inceasing it slowing as to reduce the side effects. It has really kept the side effect to a minimum.

Hope this has helped.
    Hi jorzane2
    I have fibro also....it sucks...Please don't think I'm trying to lecture you but, I started out about 4 years ago just like your doing now and ended up with a big pill addiction.so just be very careful...The cocktail of drugs that your taking can be a mind field just waiting to explode...
    I understand the pain, but I just wanted you to know what happened to me...
    I wish you the best of luck...
    Melinda

jorzane2 is offline New Member

Melinda,
    I appreciate your reply.
    I understand what you are saying and have thought about that quite often.
    I tried for a very long time to tolerate the pain, although it seem to just get worse. Then I visited a rheumotologist that prescribed the lyrica and percocet.
    So may I ask how you are tolerating the pain of fibromyalgia?

Thanks again for your reply and I look forward to your communications.

Jorzane2