I had pretty extensive foot surgery on Oct 19. I had a tendon from the top of my foot moved/grafted to hold my arch up and my heal broken and realigned. No weight until Nov 30.

I started out with a prescription for Percocet which I went though pretty fast the first week (1-2 every 4 hours) but tapered off after the first week and was down to 1.5 to 2 per day by the end of the 2nd week. My next prescription was Hydrocodone which I never took more than 2 a day, but am getting pretty close to the end of the prescription. I think I have 7 or 8 left.

I still have pain in my foot and sciatic nerve in the same leg. The sciatic pain is from sitting so long/much. I've had some chiropractic/message work on my lower back which has helped the nerve pain, but it's still there.

So, I'm wondering what is best to do from this point forward? Just stop the pain meds and tough it out or step down to something less strong? I have no doubt that my doctor will write me another prescription for pain. I will be allowed to start putting weight on my foot a week from today.

Thank,
dbemb