Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ARTIST658
OMG that hurt. A fork went through my hand.
    nobby02 is offline Member

Default OMG that hurt. A fork went through my hand.

I slipped in the kitchen yesterday and ended up with a fork through my hand...YES the fork tines went all the way through the meaty part by the thumb. Actually I think it was only three tines that made their way in and out of my hand. I cannot believe it, how clumsy and unlucky must I be to fall down so hard and then to see a fork sticking through my hand They went up and in by the thumb and out just below my pointer finger on the top of my hand.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

OMG! I bet an injury like that required pain meds...
    Strong Desire likes this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

Nah, wasn't sure if I needed to go to the ER or not. After I pulled the fork out of my hand I did go to the ER, they told me they don't suture punture wounds. They had me put my hand in betadine and saline solution for around thirty mins, got an xray to make sure I hadn't fractured the bone. They bandaged me up and I went home. After the initial shock and crying it wasn't too terrible painful just sore. The body is amazing as I have no sign of infection now, just a big bruise and four holes. I went home with some guaze and some bandages. It was well freaky to see a fork in my hand.

Oh and btw I know you are being a sarcastic boob, I am not that dense. I think landing on a fork is a pretty freakish thing to happen, pulling it out made my stomach turn. The two entry and exit holes are healing nicely as I was concerned about infection. There was no RX for pain, I neither asked for it or needed it, at the end of the ER visit I was laughing along with DH about how insanely opportunistic that fork was.