Old pills, concerta
    Metric6 is offline New Member

Default Old pills, concerta

I have some concerta left over from 10/2005

Would this be just less potent if taken now or would it be harmful?

susieq7 is offline New Member

Default mp

probably not a good idea, medications go through a chemical change after the expiration date. now if it would of been 2007, they may have been safe.
    But if your still having to take them, why are you needing to take one so wont the doctor refill them

getnaðarlimur is offline New Member

Cool Rare

"According to a feature story in the Wall Street Journal (March 29, 2000), reported by Laurie P. Cohen. The military was sitting on a $1 billion stockpile of drugs and facing the daunting process of destroying and replacing its supply every 2 to 3 years, so it began a testing program to see if it could extend the life of its inventory. The testing, conducted by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), ultimately covered more than 100 drugs, prescription and over-the-counter. The results showed that about 90% of them were safe and effective as far as 15 years past their original expiration date." .....WEBMD

****Surely there could be a chemical transformation of sorts. So basically, if you have no other way of getting the script again, you may wish to try 'em. Then run and write a letter to the presidential candidates.

We should have access to necessary drugs.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Metric6 View Post
    I have some concerta left over from 10/2005

Would this be just less potent if taken now or would it be harmful?

I am assuming you already are taking concerta and found some extra that is dated??? Is this correct? If you are not currently taking it I surely wouldn't start without seeing the dr about it.

I would never tell anyone to depend on their dated medication being good. I can't do that. I know that I have medication that is old. Probably not as old as yours but close to or past the expiration date. I am not afraid of it. I imagine that a lot of expiration dates are marketing tools. I am probably being cynical. They wouldn't lie to us would they?

You know if you ask the pharmacy or the dr they have to say it should be thrown away. So you have to make the call for yourself. Are the new scripts expensive? If not I would replace it. God bless.

jellyfishattack is offline New Member

Default Because It's Expensive

Quote Originally Posted by susieq7 View Post
    probably not a good idea, medications go through a chemical change after the expiration date. now if it would of been 2007, they may have been safe.
    But if your still having to take them, why are you needing to take one so wont the doctor refill them
    She wants to take them because they're expensive. 60 - 18mg pills is about $150.00 in Canada.