Norco vrs percocet
    sticky_designs is offline New Member

Smile Norco vrs percocet

Hello all first time I have ever posted here or on any site about drugs. I currently take hydro 7.5/500 and things changed a bit with my pain and my doctor put me on 7.5/325 percocets but after a month I asked if I can go back to the hydro although the percocet may have helped with the pain a bit better it made me real tired. I do work full time and found that during that month my work habits slowed down and I felt tired and did not want to do as much in common at work or not. They put me back on the hydros but it does seem at times that the hydro's don't work as good as they did before when when I first bagan taking them about 3 yrs ago. They also mentioned to me Percodan has anyone taken percodan and oxycodone before and is there a difference like the hydro don't make me so tired. Also is oxycodone the same as oxycontin? Thank you for some info on this if you have to give.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky_designs View Post
    Hello all first time I have ever posted here or on any site about drugs. I currently take hydro 7.5/500 and things changed a bit with my pain and my doctor put me on 7.5/325 percocets but after a month I asked if I can go back to the hydro although the percocet may have helped with the pain a bit better it made me real tired. I do work full time and found that during that month my work habits slowed down and I felt tired and did not want to do as much in common at work or not. They put me back on the hydros but it does seem at times that the hydro's don't work as good as they did before when when I first bagan taking them about 3 yrs ago. They also mentioned to me Percodan has anyone taken percodan and oxycodone before and is there a difference like the hydro don't make me so tired. Also is oxycodone the same as oxycontin? Thank you for some info on this if you have to give.
    SORRY NO NEED TO ANSWER I AM OFF TO FIND A BETTER FORUM NO ONE WANTS TO ANSWER ANYTHING HERE.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

I'll answer you anyway, oxycodone is the same active ingredient that's in Oxycontin, the diff is Oxycontin is controlled release. Oxy is stronger then hydro, it should provide better pain relief, now whether it slows you down or gets you going depends on how it works on you, it can do either, there's no clear cut answer for that. You shouldn't take it expecting a surge in energy, it's not what it's designed to do, pretty much the opposite is expected, hence the warning on the pill bottle not to drive. If you need a little stimulant, turn to tea or any caffeine product. Many people with real CP find narc's dull the pain it's actually the motivation they need to get up and be active and start functioning in a higher capacity.

You might try halving your Percocet, perhaps it's too strong, its a good bump up from hydro 7.5.

Good luck finding a better forum, I doubt you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    I'll answer you anyway, oxycodone is the same active ingredient that's in Oxycontin, the diff is Oxycontin is controlled release. Oxy is stronger then hydro, it should provide better pain relief, now whether it slows you down or gets you going depends on how it works on you, it can do either, there's no clear cut answer for that. You shouldn't take it expecting a surge in energy, it's not what it's designed to do, pretty much the opposite is expected, hence the warning on the pill bottle not to drive. If you need a little stimulant, turn to tea or any caffeine product. Many people with real CP find narc's dull the pain it's actually the motivation they need to get up and be active and start functioning in a higher capacity.

You might try halving your Percocet, perhaps it's too strong, its a good bump up from hydro 7.5.

Good luck finding a better forum, I doubt you will.
    No I think the point was missed here. I said oxy makes me tired therefore not wanting to take it because I have to work. Because I don't want to take it because it makes me tired has nothing to do with wanting a an energy surge as you put it.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

The point was not missed, that's why I suggested you halve it. It takes time to adjust to a new med, I think you need to give it some more time. Oxy is especially known for giving a little surge, it should work out for you, take it for a week before deciding to change, meanwhile counteract it with an energy drink or something, you'll still get the pain relief.
    Chase your Percocet down with a Rockstar, you won't be tired.
    Last edited by Cats Meow; 10-13-2009 at 02:12 AM.