Norco 10
    Vickaholic7 is offline New Member

Question Norco 10

My doctor reccomends that i change to this, from regular Hydrocodone (Lortab) 10/500 MG's. I take 5 of the regular hydrocodones per day.

But he said the 10/500 are wearing off a bit, after i told him i was getting break through pain before i was scheduled to take another pain med.

So he wanted to put me on 6 of the norco 10's, but i declined in fear of suffering some sort of withdrawal from 10/500 of Hydrocodones/Lortab 10/500. So he gave me a month to think about it and then he'd make the decision for what's best for me.

My question's:

Norco 10's, Are they the same as hydrocodone's/lortab 10/500's?

And like he told me, are they the same thing except with more Hydrocodone in it, and less Tylenol? Are they stronger than 10/500's?

advice on what i should do is appreciated, since most of you know alot about pain killers.
    Last edited by Vickaholic7; 05-26-2007 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Some spelling errors, I'm a grammar natzi

Cutefemmegirl is offline New Member

What your Dr. told you is absolutely true. Norco 10 is stronger than Lor-tab 10/500. Norco has slightly more opiate (hydrocodone), than Lor-tab. Also, Norco 10 has only 325 mg. of Tylenol, which could actually be a benefit because taking too much Tylenol for an extended period of time is not good for you or you liver. (I believe Norco is also available in 15 mg., and it has NO Tylenol). You will Not suffer any withdrawal when switching over. I really appreciate a Dr. that listens to his patients, and the fact that he raised your dosage from 5 pills a day to 6 shows me that he wants you comfortable. Even when Narcotics are taken correctly, patients can still build a tolerance to them. I think your Drs. advice is very sound, and good for you that you can communicate with him. Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by Cutefemmegirl; 05-27-2007 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Wanted to include Info. about Norco 15 mg./ no Tylenol

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

To correct a couple things the last poster said, there are no hydrocodone pills above 10mg, mfr's aren't allowed to, it would change the drug schedule from a schedule 3 to a 2, there are also no hydro pills without either acetaminophen or ibuprofen. The Norco 10 shouldn't be any different then your Lortab 10, the smaller amount of apap makes no difference in the pills strength, it's just smarter to take less acetaminophen.

I agree with what the previous poster said. I was on Lortab 10/500's and norco 10/325 has the same ingredient. That is what I take now. The tab is smaller but its only because there is less tylenol. Sometimes I will take 2 advil with it if pain is bad, which isnt bad for the liver. Also, I have a breakthrough pain med- percocet 10/325 because some days the norco just don't cut it.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You really should be on a sustained release opiate as hydrocodone is a weak opiate and you get a tolerance very quickly to short acting opiates.If this is chronic pain then taking short acting opiates is a waste of time.....Dave

Cutefemmegirl is offline New Member

My mistake then ... maybe it was 15 mg. Oxycodone I was thinking about? I'm almost sure there is one without Tylenol - I will double check for my own curiosity.

bmtlh1 is offline New Member

Default norco's

Quote Originally Posted by Vickaholic7 View Post
    My doctor reccomends that i change to this, from regular Hydrocodone (Lortab) 10/500 MG's. I take 5 of the regular hydrocodones per day.

But he said the 10/500 are wearing off a bit, after i told him i was getting break through pain before i was scheduled to take another pain med.

So he wanted to put me on 6 of the norco 10's, but i declined in fear of suffering some sort of withdrawal from 10/500 of Hydrocodones/Lortab 10/500. So he gave me a month to think about it and then he'd make the decision for what's best for me.

My question's:

And like he told me, are they the same thing except with more Hydrocodone in it, and less Tylenol? Are they stronger than 10/500's?

advice on what i should do is appreciated, since most of you know alot about pain killers.
    Norco is just another form of hydrocodone. But it has more medication and less tylenol

bmtlh1 is offline New Member

Default Norco

Norco is another form of Hydrocodone. It is better for your liver, less tylenol

ransom817 is offline New Member

Default Lortab 10/500

i was taking lortab 10/500 which is easy for me to get but it kept making me feel nausea they were too strong so i requested something lighter which my doctor gave me darvocet n-100

withak is offline Member

eewwww....i DO NOT like darvocet's. maybe it's b/c i also switched to them briefly after taking norco, but they weren't neccesarily "lighter"...they were all together different. they made me feel "fuzzy" all over...very strange. they also made me feel extremely hazey, like i was functioning thru a cloud of smoke. yuck. i don't even like remembering that time. but again, it may be that i was used to hydro. it's very possible and probably the case that darvocet works very well for some people and doesn't have any of those side effects on them. good luck. i'll be curious to see what you think of them. also, on the 10/500's you were taking that were too strong. had you tried halfing them? well, i commend you for wanting and asking for something weaker. good job....

mz.lolo is offline New Member

Exclamation Vikaholic!

-Your doctor is switching you from Lortab 10s (which is not regular dose) to Norco 10s is what you are saying. As you are already aware, the Lortab 10/500 is 10mg of hydrocodiene and 500mgs of acetaminophen and you can read the Norco 10/325 the same way. You taking 5 10mg tablets a day of Lortab and you are wondering if 6 10mg tablets of Norco will make you suffer from withdrawl symptoms. I am here to say that you won't They are actually the same amount of hydorcodone with a different amount of acetaminophen. With you on the Norco your liver will thank you immensely. You will not go through any withdrawl symptoms because you will be taking virtually the same medicine. The only way that you would suffer from withdrawl symptoms is if you wait two days between switching up the meds, if you don't you will be more than okay. I went from 10 5/500 of Vicodin to 7.5/750 of Vicodin ES and then I was switched to Norco 10/325 and I had no problems with switching to the Norco. You will be just fine. Don't be nervous about choosing Norco. If your doctor thought it was bad then he would not have recommended it. The benefits outweigh the side effects. Good luck with your decision and be sure not to over do it with the 10s as they are quite potent especailly on an empy stomach.
    Good Luck and Be Safe.

CAMOMAN is offline Banned

Smile 10/325 norco

just found 1000 10/325 norco, get in touch if interested

kissfan1 is offline New Member

lor-tab is WAY different, norcos are great! be carefull you won't want nothing else again

starshine79 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    To correct a couple things the last poster said, there are no hydrocodone pills above 10mg, mfr's aren't allowed to, it would change the drug schedule from a schedule 3 to a 2, there are also no hydro pills without either acetaminophen or ibuprofen. The Norco 10 shouldn't be any different then your Lortab 10, the smaller amount of apap makes no difference in the pills strength, it's just smarter to take less acetaminophen.
    Actually there are hydrocodone 15's and 20's however they are compound drugs my mother has been on both the 15's and 20's. they are very strong and contain no acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

Right, I know, but they're not manufactured, they're compounded.

naytiveman is offline New Member

Question New to this posting, need help on hydrocodone doses!

Hello,pls forgive me for not relating to ur post, very new to this site!..my question to the community is, i started taking hydrocodone pills this past year, and does "hydrocodone" go by any other names?, like "lortab", or other names?..from what i read, sounds possible?...and this is wierd, but my blood test results say that they found "propoxyphene" in one blood sample testing, and the next month, they found this drug called "levorphanol"!!!,
    I believe Hydrocodone, is Hydrocodone, but can any mixture of medicine in ur blood produce this "propoxyphene" and "levorphanol" in ur system???
    The Only way i feel it can get in ur system is by taking the medicine orally!, but iam dumbfounded on how propoxyphen, and levorphanol got in my system???
    Iam not wise on how these medicines work because iam new to taking this medicine called "hydrocodone" this past year.
    I have to admit, that when i ran out of my prescribed medicine, i would "borrow" a "hydrocodone" from someone else, but it was a different color, shape than mine. and i thought a hydrocodone is the same no matter what color or shape it is? but i was wondering, could these pills that i borrowed produce "propoxyphene" and "levorphanol" in my blood work?..that is the kicker here!?! If someone can answer this last paragraph here, i would be very very greatful!!! Thank You Community!

Hydrocodone is the generic name, brand names are Vicodin, Lortab, Norco, etc. They only contain hydrocodone and acetamonophen, or sometimes Ibuprofen (Vicoprofen), no, no other drug would show up. Propoxyphene is the active ingrediant in Darvocet. You best be careful taking drugs that you don't know, as you found out the hard way, look them up first, you have to know what you're taking because people do stupid things and they lie, that's how you lose your doctor, or your job!

rubyrearview is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vickaholic7 View Post

My question's:

norco's have less Tylenol , 325, so better for long time and older users, hydrocodone is the same, 10. I took them for years, since you are taking the same amount of hydro it should not affect you one way or another.