Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
Need Help Please!
    Jmg31889 is offline New Member

Default Need Help Please!

I am currently addicted to pain killers...I am leaving for rehab on very soon...5 days ago I bought suboxone off the street and have been taking roughly 2 to 4 mg a day...I have to have opiate in my system when i get to rehab friday...i took about 2 mgs this morning of suboxone...Will I get sick If I were to take any hydrocodone tonight or tomorrow before i Leave? Any help is appreciated..Thank you

Default be careful

Quote Originally Posted by Jmg31889 View Post
    I am currently addicted to pain killers...I am leaving for rehab on very soon...5 days ago I bought suboxone off the street and have been taking roughly 2 to 4 mg a day...I have to have opiate in my system when i get to rehab friday...i took about 2 mgs this morning of suboxone...Will I get sick If I were to take any hydrocodone tonight or tomorrow before i Leave? Any help is appreciated..Thank you
    You could def. get some bad side effects, let alone the suboxone would be enhanced by taking hydrocodone, thus reinforcing your drug habit even more. I would not take any hydrocodone. Suboxone can be addicting by itself even though it is used to treat opiate withdrawal, it has an opioid by the name of Buprenorphine in it, similar to morphine and codeine, but it does not produce a "big" high, but it can still be addicting. At rehab they may continue u on suboxone or ask them about a drug called Clonidine (not Klonopin, which is a benzo. They sound alike but are different so be sure to say Clonidine b/c ppl get them confused). It is actually a blood pressure medicine, but it has secondary uses and has helped curb drug withdrawal in addicts. It is a very effective drug from what I know. I actually take it for high blood pressure, but I did alot of reading and asked my doctor and was told that it is used to help addicts and smokers, so inquire about that as another option to help ease your withdrawal. I wish you luck and be careful please. Try to stay away from the hydrocodone (I am assuming that is what u have been abusing as your DOC), and it is addicting as u know, especially when misued or taken in larger amounts. It has a moderate addiction potential, lower than oxycodone addiction, but many ppl do abuse it and get hooked unfortunately, yet it is a good drug for pain and people need it for medical reasons and it is harder to get scripts for it b/c more and more ppl are abusing it. It is sad. Take care of yourself and God Bless. You can quit, and you will be much happier when you do. U will feel liberated and powerful because u conquered something that has been conquering u for too long. Just do it, and rehab will help. They should def. taper u I would assume. But do ask about what I told u about as a possible option. Take care
    Last edited by primetimegrape; 08-17-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Default be careful

sorry, read my quote I posted. I should have posted this in reply section for u.

Jmg31889 is offline New Member

no I understand its addictive etc...But I HAVE to come up positive for something when i get to rehab...otherwsie they will turn me down...i just need to know how long it will take before i can take a couple before i head to rehab ...Ive been told some people do it several hours later nd nothing bad happens..ive been told some people it takes 2 days

Default I see

OK, I see. Well in that case yes take like 2 right before u go in. Hydrocodone does not have a very long half-life, kinda in-between. Stays in your body for like 3 days, but I see what u are getting at for rehab purposes, so I would take them right before u go in. U should be fine. Good luck

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jmg31889 View Post
    no I understand its addictive etc...But I HAVE to come up positive for something when i get to rehab...otherwsie they will turn me down...i just need to know how long it will take before i can take a couple before i head to rehab ...Ive been told some people do it several hours later nd nothing bad happens..ive been told some people it takes 2 days

If you've been taking suboxone you won't even feel it taking a couple hydrocodone before going to rehab. The suboxone will block the effects. It would be a total waste of time. Besides why would you take hydrocodone before going to rehab? You go to rehab to get clean. Just tell them the truth, that you've been taking suboxone off the street and you need help. It's going to show in the drug test they give you anyways! You're going into a drug rehab. Trust me they have heard all the stories out there. Honesty works the best when you are asking someone to help you. Good luck in rehab and God bless.
    shrimpboat 1942 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.