Need help... Emergency question
    brown2286 is offline New Member

Default Need help... Emergency question

Hey everyone,
    I am a recovering oxy addict and I recently relapsed... I have been getting suboxone from my buddy who is prescribed so I can get on the right track... I have been on 8 mg for the past 4 days and took about 2 mgs today... I woke up this morning with a fever of 101.5 and and a pain in my lower right abdomen.. The pain is getting worse throughout the day and after doin some research I think I may have appendicitis... So now to the question, if I do end up having to have a emergency appendectomy how will the suboxone affect the anestisia?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by brown2286 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I am a recovering oxy addict and I recently relapsed... I have been getting suboxone from my buddy who is prescribed so I can get on the right track... I have been on 8 mg for the past 4 days and took about 2 mgs today... I woke up this morning with a fever of 101.5 and and a pain in my lower right abdomen.. The pain is getting worse throughout the day and after doin some research I think I may have appendicitis... So now to the question, if I do end up having to have a emergency appendectomy how will the suboxone affect the anestisia?

It won't ... they will be able to put you to sleep just fine. Tell them what you've done so they can manage your pain. They just need to know the truth so they can make adjustments. good luck.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.