Mixing of pills
    alicia31 is offline New Member

Wink Mixing of pills

Hi. I'm new to this site but I was wondering how bad is it to mix Methadone (i'm in a clinic - 95mg) plus xanax (2mg) and Adderall(15mg) at a time.

tamara02 is offline Banned

alicia ,pretty bad ,your counselors at the methadone clinic ,im sure have told you that you can not mix these drugs.so don't ,unless you were rx'ed them and the meth clinic knows abt this,go to the home page on here and get on the drug interactions and print all the meds you are using and It should tell you lots of info you might need,Tamm

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Even if you were rx'ed them I'm sure your clinic would start a detox.You are playing with dynamite here.Mixing methadone with a benzo can stop you from breathing (remember Anna Nicoles son,same thing).If you have been rx'ed these drugs then make sure your clinic knows everything.If your looking to see how it feels then ,stop,and then throw out the xanax.Aderall can be taken with methadone at prescribed doses......Dave

In a word, don't, although if oyu'ren ot dead yet you'll probably be fine, talk to an actual doctor about this, if you can possibly stop taking the xanax then do so, if not then jsut be very careful, stay consiously aware of your heart and breathing ratejsut be really careful, the adderall should be fine, but it might not be.

Default alicia

mixing methadone and benzos is writing your death certificate. methadone stays in your body a very long time and is hard to regulate with the benzos. this is why so many people die from this combo. look at the news lately: anna nicole, her son, that chick from diffrent' strokes (can't remember her name), just a ton of peeps. please just don't do it, much to dangerous. if you don't take our words for it, just read people magazine!

Painful_Fate is offline Member

Thumbs down You'd Have To Be Crazy........

........to even THINK about taking those two medications together. That's like mixing bleach and ammonia. The two would interact with eachother so adversely that you would most definitely drop to your knees and come damn close to respitory failure. Please think twice before taking those two medications together. Nothing good will come of it. You will most definitely be taken to the hospital and forced to drink activated charcoal. Does that sound any good to you? Think about it.

Also, Adderall, unless prescribed for you, is something you'd want to stay away from. Adderall is used in children and adults for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and is chemically related to methamphetamines. Just another drug that carries along with it the risk of dependance, addiction (both physically and mentally) and adverse reactions (such as anger, hallucinations, and suicidal thoughts). It's a medication that is specifically geared to recognize the condition and fight against it and it's side-effects on the person taking it. If someone were to take Adderall without having a mental condition it's used to treat, it will have some very unexpected effects on the mind and body.

Basically, all I'm trying to say is please stay away from taking those medications together as well as not to take anything not prescribed to you. Not only is it illegal, it is also very dangerous. The people here on these forums do not want to see someone kill themselves because they were looking for the next plateau of mind-alteration.

Thank you for allowing me to rant!!! Take care and PLEASE be careful!

gryphin is offline New Member

I have taken both those meds at the same time, and more, a Lot. But I have a really high tolerance. I'm not saying you should, but its isn't exactly like ammonia and bleach. I am pretty sure I would die from ammonia and bleach.

gryphin is offline New Member

Oh yeah, and why take downrz then then uppers? Or mix them together? What effect are you trying to create. I used to do a bunch of ups so the downs would hit harder, if I had to pick one thing that I've done to tell others not to do, that would be it.

clean and surene is offline New Member

Default first things first

alicia,

I hopefully have some helpful advice to you, I have been fighting my addiction for over 5 years now and all I want to say is I have been around alot and I mean ALOT of drug addicts in my time and just for the simple fact that you care enough to be in treatment for 1 and for 2 that you are concerned enough to get online and seek answers about whether or not your medication combination is safe or could even possibly be harmful then IM POSITIVE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!! IF YOU ARE AT THIS POINT IN YOUR RECOVERY TO BE SO AWARE AND CONCERNED THEN YOU OBVIOUSLY WANT RECOVERY VERY BAD! I HAVE TAKEN ALL OF THESE MEDS AND STILL DO AND AS LONG AS YOU WERE HONEST 100% WITH YOUR DR THEN YOU REALLY DO NEED THEM AND AS LONG AS YOU DONT ABUSE THEM YOULL BE FFINE! KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND JUST BE CAREFUL!