Mixing of 2 medications
    jimmyb3782 is offline New Member

Default Mixing of 2 medications

Hello all. I am brand new to this site. I was recently prescribed percocet 10 mg for my shoulder that I take 4 times a day. I also had a script standing at my pharmacy for klonopin 1 mg for my anxiety and panic disorder for 2 mg 2 times a day.

I was wondering can they be mixed? I forgot to ask my doctor, because they were prescribed by different doctors. And since it was recent that I hurt my shoulder I just didnt think I would ever need the klonopin. Now I do. I took 2 mg last night around 7 oclock. I fell asleep withing 3 hours. Now I am up and in pain, but am afraid to take them together. I keep reading these horror stories online of it putting people into a coma.

Should I call my doctor and have my klonopin decreased or discontinued for something to use better with percocet? When can I take my percocet again, like how many hours apart? Thank you for your answers.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb3782 View Post
    Hello all. I am brand new to this site. I was recently prescribed percocet 10 mg for my shoulder that I take 4 times a day. I also had a script standing at my pharmacy for klonopin 1 mg for my anxiety and panic disorder for 2 mg 2 times a day.

I was wondering can they be mixed? I forgot to ask my doctor, because they were prescribed by different doctors. And since it was recent that I hurt my shoulder I just didnt think I would ever need the klonopin. Now I do. I took 2 mg last night around 7 oclock. I fell asleep withing 3 hours. Now I am up and in pain, but am afraid to take them together. I keep reading these horror stories online of it putting people into a coma.

Should I call my doctor and have my klonopin decreased or discontinued for something to use better with percocet? When can I take my percocet again, like how many hours apart? Thank you for your answers.
    The best thing you could do is ask your pharmacist if you don't want to call your doctor..I use to take both of them together...but I quickly came addicted to both of those meds..so please be careful..
    hope you feel better and Merry Christmas !!!

jimmyb3782 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    The best thing you could do is ask your pharmacist if you don't want to call your doctor..I use to take both of them together...but I quickly came addicted to both of those meds..so please be careful..
    hope you feel better and Merry Christmas !!!
    Thank you for your answer. i really am not trying to mix them though. I would rather take one and not the other. The lasy time I took Klonopin was when I created this thread. I just needed to go to sleep and was in pain, but since I took Klonopin earlier I didnt want to risk taking Percocet.

My real question is how much of a wait should I do if I am going to take a percocet today? My doctor isnt in today and I have no idea what his house number is. I was thinking maybe of calling a pharmacy as well. Thank you though if you have anymore information.