Methadone false-positive urine test, HOW???
    anewnash is offline New Member

Default Methadone false-positive urine test, HOW???

Short Story: New pain management doctor, First visit November 2012, negative urine test. Second urine test December 2012, false-positive urine test for elavil, methadone, and Percocet. Third urine test January 18th 2013 positive for methadone and methamphetamines!!!! WTH is going on??? Medications I take Daily: Lortab 7.5/500mg(1-4xday), Lunesta 3mg(bedtime), Zanaflex 4mg(2-3xday), Protonix 40mg (2xday), Singulair 10mg daily, Semprex-D 8/60mg (2xday), Lyrica 100mg (2xday), and Voltaren 75mg (2xday). I use a nose spray off and on for chronic congestion. At the end of November, after the First appt., I took Zofran 8mg every 8 hours for nausea. Horrible stomach cramps landed me at ER where I was given morphine for pain and Zofran for nausea in IV. Second ER visit was in December before the second appt with pain doctor. I was given dye for a CT scan and HYDA scan and in January was sedated 2 different times for endoscopy and 2 colonoscopies. Is there anything here that would cause false-positives? The lab they sent my sample to in Florida to confirm test results came back negative. I have gone through my medicine cabinet to try and figure out what it is that is causing these monthly false-positives!!! Excedrin Migraine for the occasional migraine, nasal spray for chronic congestion, and Cephalexin 500mg 3x day for sinus infection. Please advise! - Amy

AndyHenry is offline New Member

Hello anewnash,
    Did your doctor tel you something about why it is not getting positive as you are taking so many medications for pain relieving and it's obvious that the supplements might have contain methadone or methotexate ?

anewnash is offline New Member

The doctor has not said why I am showing false-positives. His nurse practitioner said that I may just be one of those people that this is going to happen to every time I test. I don't understand that because the very first one I did with them was negative! I still do not know what medicines were used for those times that I was sedated for procedures.

chytazie is offline New Member

I've been in PM for about 4 years. One test last year showed my fentyl, but didn't show any Endocet. I am very strict on taking my meds since you never know when they 're going to pull a urine test. They retested and everything was fine. My doc said since I had only failed 1 other test in the past, it was OK and not to worry about it.

The previous test I failed about three years ago was demerol showed in my urine. The doc called and demanded to know what was going on. I couldn't figure out what was going on. The only thing out of the ordinary was I had a heart cath 52 DAYS prior to the test. I called my heart doc and he informed me he used Demerol. I had him contact PM.

It get's scary knowing if you fail a test, they can jerk your meds. I don't trust the tests and always scared something is going to screw them up and you don't seem to have much help to counteract their accusations. If you fail the test, you screwed up, and it's all your fault.

Hopefully you'll regulate and won't have to be on edge about future tests.