labcorp urine test ?
    uglyjdv is offline New Member

Default labcorp urine test ?

I will be taking a pre-employment urine test and I was just wondering what substances Labcorp tests for in their 5-panel and 10-panel urine tests. i do not know which one i will be having to take so i was just wondering. also is there other urine tests other than the 5 and 10 panel??

Robert_325 is offline Retired

There are all kinds of different panel tests used by different companies. And you'll likely be tested according to the type of job you're applying for and how much risk you put on others you work around. Most companies don't check for buprenorphine. But if they test you over this you'll likely bust it if you've been using. The half life is huge with suboxone.

Some tests will check for buprenorphine and some won't. Bottom line it just depends on how lucky you are. I would try to make sure I was clean at all times with so much at stake. Let me know please. I'll be wondering about you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Idk what Labcorp tests for, but standard 5 panel tests look for:
    cocaine
    methamphetamine
    opiates (morphine/codeine)
    marijuana
    amphetamines

10 panel tests look for:
    THC
    cocaine
    PCP
    opioids
    methamphetamine
    methadone
    amphetamines
    barbiturates
    benzodiazepines
    tricyclic antidepressants

Like Robert said, they make 5,6,7,9,10, and 12 panel tests, maybe others make more, anthing can be detected if they look hard enough, GC/MS can identify trace substances down to its atomic structure. GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometer) is what's used in forensics.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Hi Cats .... most people just don't understand that if they want to test you to find a specific drug it's almost impossible to beat them. Science is awfully accurate.

A pill head old hippie is not going to beat a drug test unless he/she knows in advance what they're getting checked for. Just leave the drugs alone or you'll eventually bust the UA.

Hope things are going well for you. We haven't talked in a while. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

bev49 is offline Banned

Question: What's the difference between an opiate and an opioid? And isn't methadone classified as one or the other? Just wondering because methadone was a separate entitly o nthe test.

Hi Bev, opiates are derived from the opium poppy and are a natural alkaloid of the plant, the only true opiates are, morphine, codeine, >>>>>>, and opium of course. Opioids are "opiate like", they're synthesized, methadone, buprenorphine, and the codone's and morphone's, etc. are opioids, I think Darvocet falls under the opioid category, but tramadol does not, it's more closely related to the antidepressant family.
    It takes a special panel to test for methadone.

Hi Robert!
    Last edited by Cats Meow; 08-31-2009 at 11:56 PM.

bev49 is offline Banned

Thanks alot cat... I notice you are the forum researcher lol. Everytime someone needs a pill identified, you are right there and now answering this as well. You're one smart cookie

Thanks for the compliment! Praise is hard to come by here.