Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By tjohnson92389
The Joplin, MO Tornado Disaster: Let's help!
    PeterRabbit2 is offline Senior Member

Default The Joplin, MO Tornado Disaster: Let's help!

We've seen the devastation. By the mayor's own words, "Our city has been cut in half."

They are in desperate need of medical supplies and financial assistance would greatly help, IMO.

Let's ALL give what we can - be it a penny or a million dollars - it will help these souls rebuild their lives and their town. The American Red Cross has a web page set up for donations specific to this disaster.

I am not a rich man, I almost live paycheck-to-paycheck (I can save about $100 a month.)

So today, instead of sending my $100, as I always do, to Vanguard, (the investment firm) to pad my 60% stock, 40% bond mutual fund, I sent it to the Red Cross.

If we all give a little, it can help a lot. Remember, "The Widow's Might"!

Let's help these people.
    Peter

If we band together, we can make a palpable difference. Whatever you donate will help a woman and child or an elderly mother and son get necessary prescriptions.

Imagine if ALL your medicines were just blown away! You know there are people who will need extra money to buy their Rx's.

I know FEMA will help but we can make it even better. The Red Cross has vowed to "fast-track" the donations straight to the individuals that need it. Your dollars could reach a hand in need in just a few days!

If you donate, please let everyone know!

I called my sister and asked her to call all her friends and ask them to make donations. If you can't afford a donation, that's one great way you could help.

Let's please help.
    Peter

Anonymous Guest

Peter, I think it is very nice of you to call upon people to donate to the tornado victims...I will take you up on your request and send a donation. They are going to need a lot of assistance and prayers.

aria
    PeterRabbit2 likes this.

tjohnson92389 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRabbit2 View Post
    We've seen the devastation. By the mayor's own words, "Our city has been cut in half."

They are in desperate need of medical supplies and financial assistance would greatly help, IMO.

Let's ALL give what we can - be it a penny or a million dollars - it will help these souls rebuild their lives and their town. The American Red Cross has a web page set up for donations specific to this disaster.

I am not a rich man, I almost live paycheck-to-paycheck (I can save about $100 a month.)

So today, instead of sending my $100, as I always do, to Vanguard, (the investment firm) to pad my 60% stock, 40% bond mutual fund, I sent it to the Red Cross.

If we all give a little, it can help a lot. Remember, "The Widow's Might"!

Let's help these people.
    I'm actually signing up within a few weeks to volunteer to go to MO and Japan to help with the recent disasters going out.

=D
    PeterRabbit2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aria14 View Post
    Peter, I think it is very nice of you to call upon people to donate to the tornado victims...I will take you up on your request and send a donation. They are going to need a lot of assistance and prayers.

aria
    Aria (beautiful name, BTW!) God bless you! May I call upon you to tell as many of your friends and family to donate (to The American Red Cross) as possible?

Let's try to make this like a chain-letter that actually has a purpose!

Again, you did a very noble thing. The amount is inconsequential. The fact that you acted is a wondrous thing! If everyone in the world gave a penny, Joplin would receive almost $67million!!!

You did the right and humane thing; congratulations @ setting wonderful example!

Thank you.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by tjohnson92389 View Post
    I'm actually signing up within a few weeks to volunteer to go to MO and Japan to help with the recent disasters going out.

=D
    Thank you so much! You are a stronger man than I.
    Peter

Anonymous Guest

Peter, I know several who are giving. There are also drives in my city collecting clothing and supplies by the truckloads to take to Joplin.
    It is true devastation there.

I saw a video this morning of people caught in a convenience store during the tornado in Joplin, it was terrifying. God Bless and keep them all at this time.

tjohnson92389 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRabbit2 View Post
    Thank you so much! You are a stronger man than I.
    I deeply appreciate the gratitude you show the people in the healthcare industry, thank you for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by tjohnson92389 View Post
    I deeply appreciate the gratitude you show the people in the healthcare industry, thank you for your support!
    You are very welcome.

Let's still remember, people probably still need some money. If you can all you can afford a fiver or less, that's just fine.

If every person in the world gave just one penny they would have $70,000,000!

There's strength in numbers; I see this thread has had over 300 views. I hope everyone who read the message took some action, tiny or enormous, that's not the point. It's ALL appreciated!

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by PeterRabbit2; 06-09-2011 at 06:47 AM.
    Peter