itching
    chrismatt is offline New Member

Default itching

My wife suffers from itching, her legs will itch uncontrobly and she will scratch them and spots will break out and bust and leave scars.
    this will go in some form of cycle.
    have not been able to determin what is causing this condition. have found some medication that helps with the itching (finaly) and it helps clear it up faster.

We still have no idea what is causing this

chris

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by chrismatt View Post
    My wife suffers from itching, her legs will itch uncontrobly and she will scratch them and spots will break out and bust and leave scars.
    this will go in some form of cycle.
    have not been able to determin what is causing this condition. have found some medication that helps with the itching (finaly) and it helps clear it up faster.

We still have no idea what is causing this

chris

Could be something as simple as an allergy. Her symptoms sound pretty severe though for a simple allergy. It could also be an autoimmune disorder that would be something more serious, but would be able to be treated wih the proper medication. She needs to have bloodwork done and testing to confirm the condition.

I would have her see a rheumatologist where they will check her for psoriasis and similar disorders that match the symptoms. It could even be a disorder that would be treated by a dermatologist, but she should see a dr. She could need a topical steroid or any number of things. It's not anything that can be diagnosed on this forum however. Let us know how it works out. Hope that helps. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 12-24-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

stevemich is offline New Member

It really sounds like some sort of allergic reaction, but it might also be a bit psychosomatic. Has your wife been tested for allergies, or maybe just taken a good anti allergy medication?

Pillzner is offline New Member

Could be something simple as an allergy to laundry soap, you can develope symptoms (as, you dont necessarily have to always been allergic to it)