interactions between suboxone and vyvanse
    friloc is offline New Member

Default interactions between suboxone and vyvanse

i am prescribed vyvanse for ADHD and recently have entered a treatment program with suboxone (buprenorphine). what i want to know is if i am on 8mg of suboxone every 8 hours is it still ok to take my 30mg vyvanse? my suboxone doctor was unsure because he had never heard of vyvanse.

adam2347 is offline New Member

Default i am in a similar situation...

Quote Originally Posted by friloc View Post
    i am prescribed vyvanse for ADHD and recently have entered a treatment program with suboxone (buprenorphine). what i want to know is if i am on 8mg of suboxone every 8 hours is it still ok to take my 30mg vyvanse? my suboxone doctor was unsure because he had never heard of vyvanse.
    Hey whats up I saw your post and wanted to respond in order to see if that worked out for you and tell what my doctor said when I asked these same questions. I am on two 8mg's of Subutex per day one in the morning and one a couple hours before bed. I have a history of opiate dependency and have been receiving treatment on and off for a couple years now. I take 40mg of Vyvanse daily and actually took my first dose about three hours ago. I didn't eat anything because I didn't want to kill the effect which sometimes happens with certain medications (such as the sub). I feel very focused which is the desired result as I have trouble with school because of my ADD/ADHD. More so the attention deficit disorder because I sort of grew out of the hyperactivity part as I got older. I have some concerns about what will happen when I take my Subutex later today. I've been told they won't interact in any negative way but I am very anxious and have been stressing over this situation. I have to ask, how did you end up doing with these two medications together? I'm sure I will be fine but am obsessing over something bad happening. Any advice for me? Thanks

-Adam-

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Adam,

Vyvanse is an amphetamine - (aka speed) - and is highly addictive. If you are being treated with suboxone for addiction, then you can not safely take any other mood-altering, addictive drug.

To put it simply, addiction is a particular pathway in the brain - and all drugs of addiction activate that same pathway. Some more powerfully than others. It affects a part of the brain called the medial forebrain bundle (an area called the nucleus accumbens). It's our motivational and reward system. By taking another addictive drug, you are basically tickling that motivational system. Once you have thrown the switch on addiction, you are on your way back to your drug of choice OR escalating use of the new substance. It's just a matter of time.

By the way, 16mg of suboxone a day is far too high a dose. Here's a link to the thread on how to properly use suboxone: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.