i think my gallbladder is messed up
    rnewton8 is offline Member

Default i think my gallbladder is messed up

Recently I have been having pain in the right side that is constant. It gets worse after I eat. I also started having GERD where I would wake up in the middle of the night with the most painful burning sensation in my mouth and throat. I have been taking prilosec which stopped the gastro reflux but i still have the pain in my right side and i am betting it is my gallbladder. Plus today I had gas like i have never had before, it was terrible. Should I go to the ER, i dont have a dr anymore and what will they do if I do go to ER? Would they give me a narcotic for the pain or no? Its actually pretty severe pain.

dalejrfan71 is offline Member

I have had what you are going through. My gallbladder was removed back in 1995 after a bad pancreatitis attack. I would go to the hospital ASAP, if you leave it your gallbladder could burst. I would definitely have it looked at right away.
    If you want to live life on your own terms,
    You got to be willing to crash and burn

rnewton8 is offline Member

It has stopped hurting now. What is up with that. Does the gallbladder just flare up sometimes or something. If i start to get in pain from it again I am not going to suffer or take any chances I am going to the ER and have em look at it.

jksmom9908 is offline New Member

Wink Go to ER even if pain has subsided

I had my first gallbladder attack in the spring of 07 and went to ER where they thought that was what it was and said I needed an ultrasound to be positive but to eat low fat etc until then (eating anything with much of any fat content makes your gallbladder flair if you have gall stones) so I ate low fat, never got the ultrasound and eventually went back to eating normal (basically ignoring the problem) but then I got pregnant with 2nd child that summer and had another, worse, flair up of the gallstones and when I went to the Dr the most they could give me was Tylenol (due to pregnancy) and it was horrible, pain so bad I was vomiting. When my child was about 6 monthes old I had another gall bladder attack so bad I could not talk or sit still (in the car on the way to the hospital I was wiggling in my seat the whole way) it was the worst pain ever...worse than child birth AND the 44 hours of natural labor I had with my first son. They gave me IV pain meds as soon as I walked into ER and I took it seriously that time. I got the ultrasound and scheduled the appt with the surgeon to have it removed (if your gallbladder is inflamed but not burst they will not do surgery right away as it is more dangerous) but a week later I was back in the ER. Some of the gallstones escaped (lol) and blocked my pancreas causing a horrible case of pancreatitis and I was in the hospital for days before getting an ER/CP to remove the stones blocking the pancreas...then I had to wait AGAIN to get the surgery. Which I did have...thank goodness.

Moral of this very long story?
    GO TO DOC and get this taken care of ASAP.
    When my dad had gallstones and went to ER his pain was so bad they gave him Nitro thinking he was having a heart attack.

Good luck...and eat very low fat until you can see someone.