Hydrocodone / Watson / Lortab Question
    shelly21 is offline New Member

Default Hydrocodone / Watson / Lortab Question

I have had severe back problems recently and currently do not have insurance. I'm looking for a job that has insurance but they are having a drug test. Due to the back problems, I have been taking my spouses medication. They are blue pills labeled watson 540. I'm afraid this will show up...how long will I need to postpone this medication until I can pass the drug test, get my insurance and see a doctor? Any help would be appreciated.

jscottb is offline New Member

Hello. I can relate. Back problems, pain meds and the dreaded drug test. I believe it can vary from one individual to another as to how long it would take to eliminate hydrocodone from your system. I would try and avoid using for at least 72 hours and drink plenty of water every day. The day of your test, drink water until your urine is clear and you should be OK. I've heard that, when giving a urine sample, it's best to start and stop and give a sample, and then finish. Avoid giving the beginning or the end of the stream. I can tell you that I've dealt with addiction to painkillers for years and I'm going to paste a quote I read somewhere that pretty much sums it up:
    "It takes a strong willed person to be able to resist the temptations of Mother Opium, but if you don't, she will teach you a harsh lesson, one that you won't soon forget. She will have a pound of your flesh, and many more of your sanity."

Good luck.

shelly21 is offline New Member

I appreciate the response, does anyone else have an opinion on this?

areyoupuzzledtoo is offline New Member

Default Hydrocodone

It's likely they don't even use that panel on the drug screen test. I take them they never have come up and been a problem for me.

bslack is offline New Member

Default Lortab 10/500 (those blue pills)

Coming from someone that has had back surgery and has a perscription for Lortab as per needed, I can tell you that companies do test for opiates. I currently have a drug screen out that is at the lab to differentiate what is in the urine. I am able to put it on the application, and take very small amounts now. To think that in 2010 a job will not test for opiates would be insane. I have no idea as for tricks outside of seeing a Dr. for yourself, or not taking them. 800 MG Ibuprofen can work. If it is a job and some pain, or no job and Lortab, I choose the job.