Hydrocodone Testing
    bldblu is offline New Member

Default Hydrocodone Testing

Hello,

I have an online pharmacy prescription for 10/325 hydrocodone,and since the new law will go into effect. my questions are Does anyone know if im applying for new job,and they drug test me,,will my prescription be valid? or will they give me the Interrogation act,,secondly,,I take 2 hydrocodone 10/325 daily for a total of 20mg,,how long will a drug test detect that amount,,ive heard about 20 different responses to this,,and would like a educated response PLEASE.Im applying for several new jobs,and i will be tested im sure,,and thats fine,,but just wondering if the online prescription is considered legal,,or if i have to quit taking prior to job interview

Thank you for any help!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Most online pharmacies are nothing but internet drug dealers. Some are legit but the odds of having a legal hydrocodone prescription bought from an online pharmacy is very unlikely. If the script does not come from a valid legal prescription it's no different than if the pills were all in a baggie that you purchased on the street corner.

If you are taking norcos daily you had best give yourself a good week if you want to be sure. You could be safe in 4-5 days but I wouldn't risk it if my job was at stake.

Robert

Im sorry,,I thought you were inferring that I obtained the drugs Illegally..They are watson brand,,i had legit medical reports,,and they are from a pharmacy in texas,,,not mexico or overseas..I was told that SOME internet pharmacies were legitamate,,Am I wrong?

Thank you

Robert,

I have prescription bottle with pharmacy >>#,,DR's name,,and pharmacy address along with amount prescribed,,1 refill,,identification of pill,,and pharmacy license #. Is this not a legal prescription? I got a speeding ticket warning last year,,and i had my prescription wiith me,,,Could cop have busted me for Narcotics possesion?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bldblu View Post
    Robert

Im sorry,,I thought you were inferring that I obtained the drugs Illegally..They are watson brand,,i had legit medical reports,,and they are from a pharmacy in texas,,,not mexico or overseas..I was told that SOME internet pharmacies were legitamate,,Am I wrong?

Thank you

There are online pharmacies that are totally legit. It's just that these pharmacies require the exact same scripts, info on the dr, info on you, etc as a Walgreens pharmacy or any other. These pharmacies who advertise no prescription required and such are nothing but drug dealers. Those are the ones to whom I was referring.

Robert,

Yes i see what you are saying,,and I appreciate that,,I guess you just scared me with the illegitimate comment. I originally posted in the addiction forum,,I didnt mean to pose the question there,,my bad. My current bottle has all the info that you talk about,,Do you think that would be a legal pharmacy,,I cannot risk getting caught if it is illegal,,,never my intention,,I just found doctors in minnesota not wanting to prescribe anything that would work,,so i looked elsewhere,,but I never realized that they could be illegal,,,atleast not the united states ones,,,maybe the overseas

Thanks again

Robert,

Yes i see what you are saying,,and I appreciate that,,I guess you just scared me with the illegitimate comment. I originally posted in the addiction forum,,I didnt mean to pose the question there,,my bad. My current bottle has all the info that you talk about,,Do you think that would be a legal pharmacy,,I cannot risk getting caught if it is illegal,,,never my intention,,I just found doctors in minnesota not wanting to prescribe anything that would work,,so i looked elsewhere,,but I never realized that they could be illegal,,,atleast not the united states ones,,,maybe the overseas

Thanks again

There are online pharmacies that are legit. No doubt about that. But if you don't have a prescription the legal ones will require an online interview or phone interview with the pharmacy's dr, then they will normally contact your personal dr for back up, its a long drawn out process to actually get this done legally. Once you have obtained the script legally you are fine. But I will caution you about being stopped by law eforcement while having drugs in your possession even legal prescriptions. If you show the slightest sign of being under the influence you can be charged accordingly and end up with a DUI charge even if they acknowledge the script being legal. Having a legal script doesn't allow you to legally have it in your possession while driving. Just be very careful. God bless.

Thanks,,but the doctor that issued my meds is legitimate i hope,,and ive looked up pharmacy that my script came from,,and its listed as being in business,,so i hope im good there,,im supposed to take 4 10/325 a day,,for over a year now,,i just take 2 am,,and pm so i dont think that i would jeoperdize anyone.I would never want to hurt anyone dui,,i dont drink either,,just lower back pain,and aspirin,advil,tylenol3 or tramadol,,nothing worked,,but a hydro 10/325 loosens evrything real well,,but i dont get high from them,,i just get going,,,A doctor on web md said in a forum section that 10 mg could exit the system within 24 hours with proper flushing bathroom,,water,etc,,but ive heard anywhere from 24 hours to 10 days,,so was just wondering on that

Thanks

have a good night

Thanks,,but the doctor that issued my meds is legitimate i hope,,and ive looked up pharmacy that my script came from,,and its listed as being in business,,so i hope im good there,,im supposed to take 4 10/325 a day,,for over a year now,,i just take 2 am,,and pm so i dont think that i would jeoperdize anyone.I would never want to hurt anyone dui,,i dont drink either,,just lower back pain,and aspirin,advil,tylenol3 or tramadol,,nothing worked,,but a hydro 10/325 loosens evrything real well,,but i dont get high from them,,i just get going,,,A doctor on web md said in a forum section that 10 mg could exit the system within 24 hours with proper flushing bathroom,,water,etc,,but ive heard anywhere from 24 hours to 10 days,,so was just wondering on that

Thanks

have a good night

If you are ever tested for the prescence of hydrocodone you can rest assured that there is NO way it will be out of your system in 24 hours even if you were permanently connected to a water hose. It just won't happen. You're looking at several days before you would test negative.

Robert,

Thanks for all the information,,I spoke with a lawyer today regarding this prescription deal that we have been talking about. He said that if a company ever refused employment based on an applicant having a valid prescription,that it would be discrimination..He did also say that it would be hard to prove,,because employers always use a filtering process anyways,,but he told me that you can check the pharmacy license # to verify if pharmacy is state sponsored by medical board,,and therefore the prescription would be legal,,atleast until april/2009 when the ryan haight law goes into effect

Thanks,,and good luck

xTerm is offline Junior Member

Speaking of drug tests, I had to take one last Thursday. I had my script filled the day before and I had not taken any hydro for about a week before my visit, (I ran out early, which is what usually happens).

I took about eight hydros on wednesday, the day i got them and had to take the drug test at about 9 am the next day..
    I asked the nurse, prior to her putting the test strip in the urine, if she wanted to know what RX's i was taking, she said no, not right now.
    After testing my urine she asked what I was taking, I told her hydrocodone, she asked me if >> taken any that morning and I said no, my last dose was last night.
    She then asked me if i'd been injured, i told her that I had rotator cuff surgery a few months ago and the look on her face showed genuine concern, rather than suspicion and skepticism, which is what i usually get from people.
    She said that it must've already left my system because my test was negative for any drugs.
    I asked if she wanted to do a retest just to make sure and she said no, she didnt want to push it because she had heard that this company i was being hired for was very picky and had sometimes refused to hire people who had tested positive for drugs that they even had a prescription for.
    Apparently they didnt distinguish between illegal and prescription drugs and didnt hire anyone that tested positive for either.

I seriously found her willingness to help very surprising, usually its the other way around with these drug screeners, assuming everyone that comes in to be a drug addict.

I have a life long hydro RX for 180 norco per month from a pain mgmnt doctor, I visit his PA once a month, answer a couple of questions and walk out the door with my script.
    That wasnt always the case though and I have went the internet prescription route in the past.

sorry about my first post being so long, i just thought it was an interesting story.

btw, i got the job and started that day

xTerm is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    If you are ever tested for the prescence of hydrocodone you can rest assured that there is NO way it will be out of your system in 24 hours even if you were permanently connected to a water hose. It just won't happen. You're looking at several days before you would test negative.
    Apparently this isnt the case, see my above post.
    The hydro i took either left my system very quickly, metabolized so slow that it hadnt yet entered my urine (which is doubtful) or they didnt test for the correct metabolite..
    Hydro turns into hydromorphone correct?

Hydrocodone is such a quick acting pain killer that it is usually dectible after only a few hours and for up to at least three days after.

crawdaddybill is offline New Member

Smile If you have a valid prescription

If you have a valid prescription then you should be fine with the drug screen as long as you ask them, first. Many people travel to Florida to see a doctor then they can usually get 120 10/325's, monthly, for 6 months. This can go on for up to 2 years, with a $300 phone visit every 6 months. The doctor is legal and so are the prescriptions. If I were you I'd make sure your future emplyer will not red flad prescribed opiates. Additionally, you can try suboxone therapy, this also legal and may be justification for continued opiate use, as you se your MD every month for refills.

hanklund is offline New Member

Default no worries

If you have a legitamate prescription from legitamate health care professional and take them as prescibed you have nothing to worry about.If you have a substantial amount in urine specimen then worry but if taken as prescribed no problem.I have taken opioids for 8 years and take drug tests regularly if taken as prescribed NO PROBLEM.Just be prepared to produce prescription and/or bottle with your name on it.