Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
hydrocodone improves focus?
    curious_jorge is offline New Member

Default hydrocodone improves focus?

Background for a seemingly bizarre question... For many years I had been diagnosed with ADD based on symptoms of lack of focus and difficulty in task completion, particularly in writing. This led to me pulling 'all-nighters' for the last fifteen years between academics and work tasks. The challenges I've faced have really interfered with my life, so fed up, I did formal ADD testing last spring understanding it would be a precursor to defining a course of appropriate CBT for my ADD. Following testing, I was shocked to hear that I did not have ADD after all and through sessions with a therapist, the therapist concluded i had anxiety and perfectionism issues that manifested in ways that looked like ADD.

Enter hydrocodone... I was prescribed this medication on two occasions...once for a general back injury and once following a car wreck. On both occasions of use, I noted that unlike the side effects suggested (as well as anecdotes from all the friends I knew who'd used it) that instead of making me extremely tired and 'foggy minded', the hydrocodone made me extremely alert and focused to a greater degree than i ever feel in my daily life. During the time i was taking the medicine, i was able to take on many organizational tasks that had previously been overwhelming and also could quickly accomplish tasks that normally take me forever such as writing more efficiently. Though I know it's inappropriate to take medicine outside it's intended use, i admit that twice in the last year, i was in such a bind with work projects that i found it worthwhile to give taking half a hydrocodone a shot to see if it could help my focus in the same way it had previously... and it completely did!!! I really don't attribute this to some sort of placebo effect given my expectations from how the drug worked before, because the difference in my clarity of mind and ability to complete tasks efficiently and to my satisfaction was night and day. I have also seen a few mentions of euphoria associated with hydrocodone, and I can honestly say that I can't fathom describing my mental state as euphoric.

Given this information, here are my questions: Is there any known influence that hydrocodone has on the brain chemistry or otherwise that is associated with anxiety or perfectionism disorders that might have caused this rare focus/clarity in me? If so, is there any equivalent sort of treatment that i could use that would simulate this effect and be medically advisable? I am quite clear on the fact that I should not be taking hydrocodone unless necessary, but I'm desperate to figure out how i could achieve the same outcome that taking it causes, because having that sort of focus on a day to day basis would be completely life-changing!

greenday is offline Member

curious jorge,
    You have just described me to a "T". I wish I had read this thread when you posted it. I am exactly the same. Hydro/Oxcy make me focus, not tired. I wonder if there is anyone else out there like us? Have you found any more information on this? Please share if you have.

greenday,
    I wish I could share some interesting findings with you, but I haven't really discovered anything more. I did have some responses to another post that suggested that if I do have anxiety problems that the hydrocodone may relax me to the point I am able to finally focus. this seems like a reasonable response absent any other more specific information about the effects hydrocodone can have. it was suggested to me to discuss anti-anxiety meds with my doc which is something i haven't done given that i thought i was dealing with ADD before and not anxiety.

mrsi is offline New Member

PLEASE READ THIS!!!
    To you two who just posted that Hydrocodone makes you feel better and focus more, I warn you: YOU ARE HEADED DOWN A DANGEROUS ROAD. TURN BACK!!! I felt and still feel the same way about opiates, and now I have been in rehab for an addiction to them for six months! I was an addict for three years. You will become an addict, no ifs ands or buts! If you take those pills for any extended period of time, even for a month, you will become an addict. And it will ruin your life. You will spend all of your money, time and energy on getting more pills so you won't be sick, and just to feel normal. I know that you probably think you aren't like me, but it doesn't matter who you are! If the Pope took pain pills for more than a month he would be addicted! I am begging you to stop and think about the consequences before it is too late for you.
    Last edited by mrsi; 05-12-2008 at 11:03 AM.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Hydrocodone seems to act on the brain like oxycodone does.You get that energy from it.I can tell you that after awhile that euphoria turns to dysphoria and your life turns to hell.Hydrocodone even though it is a reletively weak pain killer is an opiate and addictive and will turn your life into a wreck.
    So take it from us!!!The little high you get from hydrocodone will turn on you and you will end up having to take much stronger opiates which will further throw you into the depths of no return....Dave

Uh, HELLO, five and a half months clean from exactly what you are describing. I was just responding to the original post to see if there were any explanations to the "focusing" puzzle. Thanks for your warning, but for me, it was too late! I am fairly stable now with the exception of occassional cravings that come out of nowhere.

Thanks for your responses. Greatly appreciated.

MVPT,
    Just curious...why do opiates affect people differently? Some people can take the exact same drug in the exact same circumstances and one will get sleepy and go to bed while another will get "high". Got any ideas?

PS I unfortuately fell into the second catergory.....lol

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by greenday View Post
    PS I unfortuately fell into the second catergory.....lol

greenday ... we are all different and metabolize drugs differently just like food. Some of us eat twice a day and gain weight .... others eat fives times a day and look anorexic. The amount of drugs I consumed would kill most anyone, but I drove my car around working taking 30 30mg Roxies in a day plus Somas and Benzos. It's almost an impossible question to answer with any accuracy in my opinion.

Robert,
    You should write your life's story. It is quite remarkable and would be appreciated by many people. You should seriously consider it. It's apparent you have talent for writing. Put it to use. I mean this with all kindness and respect.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

greenday ... thank you for the kind words. Don't know if I could really do that honestly without seriously incriminating myself.

Default update

i saw my doc today for an unrelated issue and fessed up to her about using my hydrocodone prescription for focus issues. i was surprized to find that she was not too concerned under my particular circumstances. i have to qualify that she did express how highly addictive such drugs could be, but since she was the one that gave me the original prescription for 15 pills in july 2006 and realized i still had several left, she did not think the rate at which i was using them was a concern.

it was definitely a jumping off point, however, to discuss why she thought hydrocodone helped me focus and what that indicated would be a more appropriate long-term solution for me. she thought that the hydrocodone relaxed me enough to reduce anxiety so that i could write. to get at the underlying anxiety for the long haul, she prescribed an SSRI for me that she suggests i take for 6 months to a year under her monitoring. she anticipated the seratonin leveling effects would address my anxiety on a more consistent basis. i imagine this was the underlying cause of why a previous doc prescribed zoloft to me, though that doc failed to elaborate on why she chose that drug as opposed to a stimulant. i was prescribed a different ssri since previously i did not like the zoloft effects.

my current doc said given that i was struggling and the lexapro would take a while to kick in, she would normally have provided me with a few doses of xanax to help me accomplish my short term goals. she interestingly said that since i already had the hydrocodone and was taking such a low dose (half of the lowest prescribed dose of the medication and only when i was really struggling) that she was comfortable with me continuing to use the hydrocodone as opposed to the xanax. the low dose combined with the limited number of pills i had remaining were what put her at ease that it would not be a scenario in which i could become addicted. it was a case of sticking with what we know works until the lexapro has time to become effective.

i know this is not the typical use of this drug, and i don't mean to recommend this approach to anyone else. just tying up my story with the best insights i can provide on what i deemed an oddball reaction to an opiate.

Default update

i saw my doc today for an unrelated issue and fessed up to her about using my hydrocodone prescription for focus issues. i was surprized to find that she was not too concerned under my particular circumstances. i have to qualify that she did express how highly addictive such drugs could be, but since she was the one that gave me the original prescription for 15 pills in july 2006 and realized i still had several left, she did not think the rate at which i was using them was a concern.

it was definitely a jumping off point, however, to discuss why she thought hydrocodone helped me focus and what that indicated would be a more appropriate long-term solution for me. she thought that the hydrocodone relaxed me enough to reduce anxiety so that i could write. to get at the underlying anxiety for the long haul, she prescribed an SSRI for me that she suggests i take for 6 months to a year under her monitoring. she anticipated the seratonin leveling effects would address my anxiety on a more consistent basis. i imagine this was the underlying cause of why a previous doc prescribed zoloft for me, though that doc failed to elaborate on why she chose that drug as opposed to a stimulant. i was prescribed a different ssri since previously i did not like the zoloft effects.

my current doc said given that i was struggling and the lexapro would take a while to kick in, she would normally have provided me with a few doses of xanax to help me accomplish my short term goals. she interestingly said that since i already had the hydrocodone and was taking such a low dose (half of the lowest prescribed dose of the medication and only when i was really struggling) that she was comfortable with me continuing to use the hydrocodone as opposed to the xanax. the low dose combined with the limited number of pills i had remaining were what put her at ease that it would not be a scenario in which i could become addicted. it was a case of sticking with what we know works until the lexapro has time to become effective (two weeks or so before i might start seeing results).

i know this is not the typical use of this drug, and i don't mean to recommend this approach to anyone else. just tying up my story with the best insights i can provide on what i deemed an oddball reaction to an opiate.

I went to a pysch dr last week for the first time. Went there to address focusing problems and I also told her how the vicodin helped me get more done. She said it was not the norm, but for ADD people it does happen. I am not hyperactive but have trouble staying on task which results in anxiety because I don't "finish" anything. I am very level as far as moods go, no temper or outburst problems. She gave me adderall which I am going to be very careful with as I have read it can be addictive and abused. I also got ambien for sleep. We will see how it goes as I just got the adderall filled last night. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

turpin41 is offline New Member

well, opiates in small forms, low does of oxy, hydro, and others are stimulants. that is why you get talkative and focused, but real opiates like dilaudid, fentanyl, methadone, are in the depressent stage of opiates, which that is what opiates really are. depressents, but small doeses are stimulants.
    take 10mg of dilaudid and tell me if you get talkative or motivated at all!
    bet ya wont

jen2bjen is offline New Member

Default clean freak

even if my pain is still bothering me, I have enough energy and focus to clean my entire house...including the bathrooms then move along to the gardening. Hydro definitely gives me a mental and physical boost. I think this applies to those of us who suffer from chronic pain, we tend to have a tolerance. But let me tell you; when you're down, YOU ARE DOWN. Now you hurt ten times more than you should because you acted like Minnie Mouse on Crack, running around trying to fit three days worth of errands into whatever that orange bottle says: "four to six hours" One day at a time...One day at a time. "The motto of many mottos"

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Default Greenday

Hi Greenday:
    I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I had been looking after my dad who had terminal cancer.
    Anyway, what usually happens when people who produce enough natural endorphin's is that they tend to get sleepy and they don't generally like the feeling they get.
    When people like us take percocet or >>>>>> we get a great buzz (unfortunately the buzz turns to dysphoria after a few years) mainly because we have very few natural endorphin's.When you flood the brain with morphine (which is what all opiates are converted to before reaching the brain) you get a sudden release of dopamine and a host of other protiens.Because we don't have many endorphin's we get a high or rush.Someone that all ready has enough endorphin's doesn't get the huge rush of dopamine and the other protiens.I hope this helps answer your question........Dave

rustysneakers is offline New Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jen2bjen View Post
    even if my pain is still bothering me, I have enough energy and focus to clean my entire house...including the bathrooms then move along to the gardening. Hydro definitely gives me a mental and physical boost. I think this applies to those of us who suffer from chronic pain, we tend to have a tolerance. But let me tell you; when you're down, YOU ARE DOWN. Now you hurt ten times more than you should because you acted like Minnie Mouse on Crack, running around trying to fit three days worth of errands into whatever that orange bottle says: "four to six hours" One day at a time...One day at a time. "The motto of many mottos"
    jen2bjen I thought you were describing me to a "T" for a minute when you said about the cleaning streak!!! etc. I know what it is like to get a little "overly ambitious" because I finally have enough pain relief to get something done, (oh, and in the begining, for everyone else who's curious, yup, SUPER FOCUSED, NEVER TIERED, A BIT AKIN TO A VERY SMALL DOSE OF COKE, OR RIDDILIN,- 15 YEARS LATER- & having no medical options but meds. WELL, JUST CALL ME RUMPLSTILSKIN...LOL mpvt is on the money with what happens in the early yrs. vs. overtime) and have certainly crammed 3 days worth of chores into 12 hours as a result. And I absolutely paid dearly for it as well, LOL.
    Thank God I Learned TO PACE MYSELF NOW, AND to FORGIVE MYSELF NOW IF I CANNOT ACOMPLISH THE ENTIRE DAILY LIST. Or if I'm down for several days in a row.

I just had to post that because the "minnie mouse on crack comment" really made me LMFAO. (pardon my french.) because that is EXACTLY what is like when chronic pain ppl get enough relief to finally do something, especially if it's the first few times they have experienced real relief in a long long time.

VinylTulip is offline New Member

Cool That's me!

After my child was born last year, I suffered from a herniated disc in my lower back. The pain was excruciating and I was prescribed Vicodin - at this point, I have never taken it or had any idea what it was. After a few months I noticed a change... I was optimistic, had energy and enthusiasm, cleaned like a wild woman, felt like super-mom! 6 months in ot it I'm up to 3/day and can't stop. Finally I ran out and had HORRID withdrawal... but could not get more. I sunk into a depression lasting months. You see, I've dealt with anxiety and depression and mood issues my WHOLE life. I've been to therapists, taken numerous antidepressants, and drank to numb the uncomfort caused by depression. This was the first time in my life I felt free. I can't explain it. I never felt sleepy on it - it's like a cloud lifted and I saw clearly - people even commented of my attitude change and my overall outlook on life. I'm ultimately glad I don't take it anymore, since it is very addictive... but I take Tramadol now and it works wonderfully without the side effects... I know it's not technically given as an anti-depressant, but it's changed my life. I feel wonderful (and no, not "high") but focused, happy, fulfilled.. in a way I never knew I could feel. If I stop taking it, I'm doomed to going back to my old, down, pessimistic self that loathes herself. That terrifies me more than stopping the Tramadol.

GDIX is offline New Member

Curious Jorge, i understand what your saying, only because i can comprehend. I feel exactly the same and ive asked numerous people the same question. They responded to me as " its all in your head ." But i feel that it really does help you concentrate and focus.

If you can, let me know if you find any True Facts on the subject. Thanks

pearl123 is offline New Member

Default taking pain meds

Hi.I'm new to this forum. I've been taking Hydrocodone for a couple yrs. The doctor wrote them for the pain I have from 4 c-sections, 1 laparoscopy,and a hysterectomy. The scar tissue is very painful sometimes. He prescribed 60 a month. I take one half of a 10/650 four times daily. If I take a whole one,after a couple hours I'm very moody, so I take the half 4 times a day and there are no side effects.I've heard these are very addictive. I haven't taken more than he's prescribed so I'm hoping if he ever stops prescribing I won't have to worry about that. Any comments?

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by turpin41 View Post
    well, opiates in small forms, low does of oxy, hydro, and others are stimulants. that is why you get talkative and focused, but real opiates like dilaudid, fentanyl, methadone, are in the depressent stage of opiates, which that is what opiates really are. depressents, but small doeses are stimulants.
    take 10mg of dilaudid and tell me if you get talkative or motivated at all!
    bet ya wont
    got to call you on that one... now true I am a addict but in a matter of 12 hours I could take 40 of meth 12mg of dilaudid and a few 20's of oxycontin and I would clean my whole house and finish the yard work. Now if I took ms contin then I got sleepy but also sick. Now on 12 mg suboxon and I am tired when I get off work. I have to force the house work and have hired kids to do my yard work. But happy to be just about clean.

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pearl123 View Post
    Hi.I'm new to this forum. I've been taking Hydrocodone for a couple yrs. The doctor wrote them for the pain I have from 4 c-sections, 1 laparoscopy,and a hysterectomy. The scar tissue is very painful sometimes. He prescribed 60 a month. I take one half of a 10/650 four times daily. If I take a whole one,after a couple hours I'm very moody, so I take the half 4 times a day and there are no side effects.I've heard these are very addictive. I haven't taken more than he's prescribed so I'm hoping if he ever stops prescribing I won't have to worry about that. Any comments?
    well.... I could bet money that your dependent on them. I would not stop taking them but rather wean down if your not an addict. If your an addict as I am.... well, no way and I tried to wean off and couldnt. I always gave in for any minor reason to take three or eight more. Good luck.

sister

bigeyes is offline New Member

Default Same as you all...

Hey there - Add me to your list! I have listened to the brush-offs and dealt with the blank stares of the Professionals for years about this one!! For years we have been trying to figure out why Vicodin works so well for me. Only had one injury where I ended up addicted to it -was on it for 1 year. Now I am many years older and have tried many other drugs for other things, anxiety, bipolar, depression, etc. Now I am on an anti-diabetic meds and my mood issues are SOO much better. HOWEVER, there is still the issue of being able to focus... have not tried ADHD ADD meds yet - but am frustrated enough to try it now. I have an appointment soon, but the risks of taking Ritalin seem almost a bad as taking Vicodin! I have used the Vico for selfish house cleaning reasons, but fear the addictive side of it enough to stay away. It would sure be nice to figure out why some folks seem to do so well (at least for awhile) on it. What are we missing!? Dopamine? Endorphins?

WDDoc is offline Junior Member

Default I think this is simple

"I think" being the operative word. people with ADD or any other MH issue , people with chronic pain, or addicts, though often times we tend to be all 3 at 1 stage or another in life , benefit greatly from the endorphin rush caused by exogenous opiates. Why do people warm up before exercise...well to stretch out so they don't get hurt...but it gives you a boost before your main work out. If you work out really hard before bedtime you might not sleep well. If you work out the hardest you ever have then well you will prob lay down and pass out. The flush and flow of beta endorphins and enkephilins is somewhat analogous to the exogenous opiates. Think about acute injury. I had a piece of metal fly through my hand like melted butter. I felt nauseous, dizzy, euphoric-for about a minute then i was screaming in pain. The body's ability to handle pain is limited-but it does exist-but not so much in those of us who have fried out our opioid receptors.

booneh99 is offline New Member

Question Hydrocodone helps me focus too!

I have to say, I have been searching the internet for an answer. Instead I do not feel "crazy" anymore because I have found a relationship to my problem. I read the post about hydrocodone improving focus, and yes, it does for me too! I always felt like I was off the wall when I swore up and down to people that vicodine did not make me groggy or sleepy, that it made me focused and productive. I self medicated for about 4 months on and off taking, on average, 2 vicodine a day for a month and then went 2 weeks w/o...never was I feeling dependent, more just relieved that I could finally focus on SOMETHING! (PLEASE DO NOT think this is typical because hydrocodone is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE to most). When I told my doctor that I had self medicated she told me I might have an axiety disorder that "fogs" my focus and retention abilities. Hmmm...

I recently was prescribed dexedrine for adult ADHD. My doctor and I agreed it was worth a try because I have spent my life, for the most part, unable to focus on the task at hand and living around multiple "unfinished" projects and ideas. Unfortunately, I found it makes me feel like I am droned out and to a point of getting nothing done and all I do is clench my teeth. HATE IT! Maybe I do have an anxiety disorder?

booneh99 is offline New Member

I am the exact same way with vicodin. I am productive and focused on what I need to get done and retain information from when I study. It is really hard to explain why this works...I was given dexedrine for ADHD and it drones me out, gives me headaches and makes me clench my teeth. The worst part about it is all I can think about are the headaches and teeth clenching so I don't get anything done and I can't seem to retain any information. I was self medicating for about 4 months taking 1-2 doses of vicodine daily...taking breaks for a week or two...never dependent, just releived that I could feel human and not so scatter brained. I told my new doctor and she said that it may be anxiety (I have been on 150mg Effexor XR for about 3 years for depression and mild anxiety) that is keeping me from allowing my brain to focus on anything other than being anxious. Guess I just get anxious about being anxious. Viscious circle obviously. Maybe my anxiety has progressed. I am going to talk to my doctor about my side affects and we will try our plan B that will address anxiety, not ADD.

chrisb123 is offline New Member

Default Help!!

So i read through the thread. I got Vicodin on two separate occasions, each time for pain. I too realized I had so much better focus, could get stuff done and didn't feel as if the world was about to cave in on me because I was to overburdened with things to do.

It seems like, if I took a pill, the planets aligned, life was good and I methodically knocked things out one by one, feeling good to get so many things accomplished. I really did think this was a miracle drug. It kept me from procrastinating, and actually made me look forward to getting through my huge list of todo items.

So, my question is this, I know it can be very addicting, but is there something else out there with less of an addiction risk that can help people like us, who either suffer from ADD, Depression or a combination of the both. I have never been to a psych Doc, nor have i ever been to a doc for more than a "hey i hurt my arm or leg or back" so i have never been diagnosed ADD, Depressed or what have you.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

mareke is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb123 View Post
    So i read through the thread. I got Vicodin on two separate occasions, each time for pain. I too realized I had so much better focus, could get stuff done and didn't feel as if the world was about to cave in on me because I was to overburdened with things to do.

It seems like, if I took a pill, the planets aligned, life was good and I methodically knocked things out one by one, feeling good to get so many things accomplished. I really did think this was a miracle drug. It kept me from procrastinating, and actually made me look forward to getting through my huge list of todo items.

So, my question is this, I know it can be very addicting, but is there something else out there with less of an addiction risk that can help people like us, who either suffer from ADD, Depression or a combination of the both. I have never been to a psych Doc, nor have i ever been to a doc for more than a "hey i hurt my arm or leg or back" so i have never been diagnosed ADD, Depressed or what have you.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
    The short answer to your question is as far as I know there aren’t any pills that do what you want without a lot of negatives being part and parcel of the deal. Most opiate type drugs seem to have the effect you described. When I was taking tramadol I realised that I could focus better and perform better on tasks and was able to score well on IQ type tests but not quite as well when not on it. The effect in question tended to kick in after being continuously on tramadol for some time and I saw it as a kind of bonus because I was mainly taking it for pain relief. I found that I could get lots of things done because I felt little in the way of anxiety or tiredness and this is because the drug produces a feeling of increased energy while also having a calming effect so you can focus well without your performance being impaired by things like anxiety. When you get this sort of effect one of the problems is that you tend to enjoy it and become dependant on it and don’t learn to do things better. Humans tend to be lazy by nature and if there is a pill that helps us to perform we will take it rather than learn to do things better off our own bat.

Were we talking about alleviating something like say chronic pain it’s a different matter but I don’t believe it is worth taking a pill to enable you to be more efficient at doing want you are still capable of doing normally. I’ve seen kids given drugs for ADD and they have calmed down (despite being given an upper) and they’ve been easier to live with and they may well be better off with the drug but in your case if you were suffering ADD you would feel better taking an upper not an opiate like Vicodin and this suggests you are someone that is essentially normal and gets stressed etc like most of us and it affects your performance of daily tasks. To take something because it enables you to be more efficient is probably not a good thing because you would be depending on something outside yourself to do things better that you can already do. Don’t we all want life to be easier or to be able to perform better? Taking a pill is probably not the best way long term to go about doing this.

Once we start taking drugs to help us do more in a day because the drug removes anxiety we deprive ourselves of the life experience that enables us to (hopefully) eventually learn to control anxiety etc. I’m almost 58 years old and have suffered a lot of anxiety in my life due to life circumstances and a sensitive nature. These days I’m relatively calm having gradually learned not to worry and live in the moment (a couple of audio books The Power of Now & A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle have for example helped me to become noticeably calmer) and after going off the tramadol I’ve found that life is better being clear-headed. I still take painkillers sometimes but I wouldn’t take something just to help me do ordinary stuff. I know too much now to do something like that but if you want to go down that path and learn the hard way tramadol might be a possibility. You’d become addicted but after 3 to 4 days suffering you can successfully get off it and you’d suffer withdrawal if you stopped for more than a day or two and you’d suffer constipation, a loss of libido and you’d probably have to up the dose after a while and you might suffer seizures and if you couldn’t get a continuous supply you’d suffer etc etc. Do yourself a favour & keep doing things without pills and you’ll be better off in the long run.

Default update

I was interested to see the posts that have been made since I last checked in, and funny enough to say, I just stumbled across this thread and started reading it before I recalled that I was the one who started it! I guess it's indicative of the ongoing problems I have been having more recently. I wish I could share that in the last couple of years I've discovered "the answer," but I'm still at a loss. I would still love to hear if any of the rest of you have had better luck in finding answers.

To add what may or may not be related details/clues for my case, since my 2008 post, I've become increasingly fatigued (and honestly fatigue shows up in my doc records back to 2006). I'd initially attributed it to the fact that I often didn't get enough sleep while I was up all hours trying to complete projects while lacking focus (duh... that will make you tired). However, my fatigue has only gotten worse and now i'm having other cognitive symptoms. I came to realize that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast