Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree20Likes
  • 3 Post By ARTIST658
  • 1 Post By toni.s.
  • 4 Post By ARTIST658
  • 3 Post By ARTIST658
  • 2 Post By 1addict2another
  • 4 Post By ARTIST658
  • 2 Post By ARTIST658
How ARE people getting these drugs?
  1. #1
    nobby02 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default How ARE people getting these drugs?

    I guess a question that I think about. I have had three surgeries, gone to pain management where he said that he would just continue to let my family doc RX me. We all know that family docs aren't going to do it anymore. So how are people getting prescribed this stuff? I am not asking for a manual and I am not going to do it. Is it the right Doc? The right MRI? The right things to ask? Then I think that is it me? Not one Doc. has prescribed anything more than vicodin, which I no longer take. I hope this doesn't come across as that I am trying to get these drugs it is something that I am wondering about.

  2. #2
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobby02 View Post
    I guess a question that I think about. I have had three surgeries, gone to pain management where he said that he would just continue to let my family doc RX me. We all know that family docs aren't going to do it anymore. So how are people getting prescribed this stuff? I am not asking for a manual and I am not going to do it. Is it the right Doc? The right MRI? The right things to ask? Then I think that is it me? Not one Doc. has prescribed anything more than vicodin, which I no longer take. I hope this doesn't come across as that I am trying to get these drugs it is something that I am wondering about.

    I don't believe this kind of question is appropriate for this site.

    One look at your history, and I see a lot of very questionable drug use; it sounds to me like you are on dangerous ground. You asked the same question of this forum last year. Even here, you're minimizing your drug use, claiming that you've never had more than vicodan. Your history on this forum shows otherwise. In fact, you've admit to suboxone use to come off a vicodan and percocet habit.

    Answering this question would not only inform you, but may also offer ideas to others who are seeking drugs. So I'm hopeful that no one responds. God bless.

    You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

  3. #3
    nobby02 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Gosh sorry I offended you Artist.

    I was prescribed percocet then I got a rash so I asked to go back on vicodin. I knew that this question was going to get questioned but as I do not know any dealers to ask it is a legitimate question for me. I am naturally curious. Finally today I might have an answer. I hope you are questioning my legitimate drug use because other than that I don't know what you are referring to. I have never been prescribed more than 112 10/325 hydrocodone per month. My "drug use" has gone from 5/750 to 7.5/500 to 10/325 over the course of 7 years, not too bad considering other stories I have read. So obviously you have your opinion and I have my opinion. Today I went to the Doctor and he said I have facet arthritis and bursitis. I had a steroid injection in my bursa (hip) and I am going to get the facet joint injection in two weeks, I really hope that can lessen the pain. I no longer take vicodin as I asked for T3 as I was getting sick and nodding of. My question pertained to me being a wuss with the doctors and down playing my pain when it would seem that those that are getting these drugs and selling them are getting them no problem. I would not be offended if the powers that be wanted to delete my question. I wasn't asking for a play by play I was asking in general terms of are these people hamming it up to the Doc, are they outright lying, is it dodgy Docs and clinics, is it blinded by cash. I have never been prescribed oxyontin, dilaud, morphine, (google is great) etc.

  4. #4
    nobby02 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    I am in Florida which is another reason I asked. We all know the DEA is on crackdown here, so I was asking to see if any light could be shed on why it seems to not be able to be controlled.

  5. #5
    nobby02 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Plus I know you don't care for me Artist but do you have to be so rude. Just ignore the question or ask for it to be deleted, you really don't have to be so grumpy on here all the time. It puts people off, many other ways you could have dealt with this question besides being a biZZZ, people notice your attitude and not in a good way either. Not sure why if us "drug users" irritate you so much why you come to this forum.

  6. #6
    toni.s. is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    571

    Default

    to get clean...

    just sayin..
    Sunny mom likes this.

  7. #7
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobby02 View Post
    Plus I know you don't care for me Artist but do you have to be so rude. Just ignore the question or ask for it to be deleted, you really don't have to be so grumpy on here all the time. It puts people off, many other ways you could have dealt with this question besides being a biZZZ, people notice your attitude and not in a good way either. Not sure why if us "drug users" irritate you so much why you come to this forum.
    LOL Nobby... I don't even know you, so why would I care or not care for you? And my response was not rude - it was direct. It was honest. And you didn't like reading it. But that doesn't make it "rude."

    I find it comical that you'd think I'm grumpy, when that's so completely the opposite of the truth. I've been clean and sober for nearly 9 years now, and had been clean for 11+ years prior to that last relapse in 2003. I am actually a very contented little camper, and life is better than ever. I pursued further education, and have been working in the field as a counselor for many of those years. I recognize addiction, period. I recognize drug-seeking behavior.

    This is a fatal disease, "Nobby" - and I don't mince words when I see someone in obvious denial of their predicament. I am not in the field to pat folks on the back and say, "There there, it's no big deal," when they are playing games with their lives. I'm also not in the field to just find fault for the heck of it. This forum is loaded with people in need of help, and I spend a good deal of my own free time trying to do so. Fortunately, many are open to listening, and it often makes a big difference in their lives.

    Many are on this site just to cheer people on, and that's fine, too - in moderation. But oftentimes, what is needed isn't encouragement, but truthfulness. The trouble is, this isn't some mamby-pamby disease that you can just kick any ol' time you wanna. It's a monster of a disease, and it ruins lives. The denial that goes hand-in-hand with this disease is mind-boggling. I am a recovering addict; I surely know denial, justification and rationalization. And it takes a direct, honest approach to break past it.

    Sad to see that you believe that your drug use is somehow different from those folks who seek out their drugs on the street, just because an MD puts his name on it. You are still clearly addicted. It has become a major focus in your life. It is tragic that you think your drug use is perfectly "ok" when it has so dramatically progressed over the years. It's typical of addicts to compare themselves with others, who use more; that makes us feel better about our own drug use. But that doesn't change the truth. You've become tolerant of the drug - requiring more and more of it. You've gone from a 5mg strength to 10 mg, and you think that's fine. 112 extra-strength hydrocodone a month??? That's about 40 mg a day! From where you began, at 5mg, you are taking the equivalent of 8 of those pills, daily. Do you have any idea what kind of fog you are in? How that is messing with your thinking and your emotions??? Do you DRIVE like that?

    Legitimate drug use? Because a doctor prescribes it, that makes it "legitimate"??? Honey, you are tragically mistaken. My own addiction stemmed from the same source, a "legitimate" doctor, prescribing me "legitimate" drugs for "legitimate" pain. Still, we become addicted. Our body only knows the effects; it doesn't care if the drugs were from a doctor or from a back alley!!! The fact that you see your use as "legitimate" tells me quite how lost in denial that you are.

    What determines whether or not we are addicted has NOTHING to do with where the pills come from. And it has NOTHING to do with how much we use, compared to others.

    It's rather funny, but the only ones on this forum who become offended by my "straight-shooting" of the truth are those who are still lost in the fog of drug abuse. Those in recovery sing an entirely different tune. I hear the responses.

    Addicts do not 'irritate' me - in fact, I love addicts. I hate this disease. I've found addicts to be some of the most sensitive, creative, intuitive and intelligent folks I've ever met. But sadly, all those wonderful traits are dulled by the poison that we use, trying to escape. There is NOTHING like watching a person come back to life, after being consumed in the nightmare of addiction for years. That's why I do what I do. The odds are completely against any of us recovering; but I need to try. My life purpose is to sow the seeds of recovery, sometimes those words hurt, but they do not harm. They are said to HELP. Sad that you can't see that. Sometimes, especially in addiction, the truth hurts. I can not make anyone get clean, but my job is to sow the seeds. The rest is in God's hands.

    God bless,
    Ruth

    You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

  8. #8
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobby02 View Post
    Gosh sorry I offended you Artist.

    I was prescribed percocet then I got a rash so I asked to go back on vicodin. I knew that this question was going to get questioned but as I do not know any dealers to ask it is a legitimate question for me. I am naturally curious. Finally today I might have an answer. I hope you are questioning my legitimate drug use because other than that I don't know what you are referring to. I have never been prescribed more than 112 10/325 hydrocodone per month. My "drug use" has gone from 5/750 to 7.5/500 to 10/325 over the course of 7 years, not too bad considering other stories I have read. So obviously you have your opinion and I have my opinion. Today I went to the Doctor and he said I have facet arthritis and bursitis. I had a steroid injection in my bursa (hip) and I am going to get the facet joint injection in two weeks, I really hope that can lessen the pain. I no longer take vicodin as I asked for T3 as I was getting sick and nodding of. My question pertained to me being a wuss with the doctors and down playing my pain when it would seem that those that are getting these drugs and selling them are getting them no problem. I would not be offended if the powers that be wanted to delete my question. I wasn't asking for a play by play I was asking in general terms of are these people hamming it up to the Doc, are they outright lying, is it dodgy Docs and clinics, is it blinded by cash. I have never been prescribed oxyontin, dilaud, morphine, (google is great) etc.

    Gosh, sorry I offended you, Nobby.

    I didn't realize that you were completely aware of your addictions... so your playing innocent and naive, asking for 'oh-so-casual' advice, is all just a big act. Your history is on this forum, this is just a part of it:


    nobby02 15 Feb 2011
    "It has been approx 2 weeks since last 2mg suboxone because I relapsed with percocet. My last vicodin was june 23rd and went on sub. I herniated my L4/L5 with moderate stenosis so went to the doc and he gave me the percs 90 so the addict that I am I gobbled them down and did not go to my sub doc. I am now two weeks since sub and 72 hours at 2pm today from percs. I just need some encouragment as I don't feel so bad today and want to get some."

    nobby02 15 Feb 2011
    Does anyone feel relieved that you say you are an addict. I am honest and say it with pride.

    But of course, you weren't drug seeking with this thread ("How ARE people getting these drugs?") - and I was so rude to confront you about asking such an innocuous question.

    I have no issue with drug addicts trying to get clean; in fact, I'm their biggest champion and greatest source of support and guidance. I do object to someone who is using this forum as a means to perpetuate more drug use... full-well knowing that they are an addict.

    And then, to go on and post rants about ME for how I approach drug addicts in need of help ("Intent"). Just unbelievable...

    You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

  9. #9
    1addict2another is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I love it when people fail to respond/reply when faced with the evidence. The hard truth hurts some people.

  10. #10
    nobby02 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    I don't know what I am supposed to respond too, y'all in your infinite wisdom of tearing those down that dare to disagree makes me not read the nastiness. OH NO someone disagreed with the penultimate authority on here, OFF WITH HER HEAD. It was a question that I asked, I had a friend that got her stuff from the street and I always wondered how they were getting it. I think it is a legitimate question. With all the hoopla of oxycodone it will be a cold day in hell that I would be prescribed that. Somewhere, somehow, people are getting obnoxious amounts of this stuff. I can't lie to a Doctor to save myself but I assume these people are. My DH hates how in detail I go with stuff, this question is just an example of knowledge that I like to know. I have now had a steroid shot in the hip and a shot in the facet joint. I am not a malingerer, I have not had vicodin for a while now. Due to gastro problems the only meds I take are omeprazole, carafate, synthroid and atenolol, plus an over the counter probiotic. Believe what you may but being nasty doesn't solve anything.

  11. #11
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobby02 View Post
    I don't know what I am supposed to respond too, y'all in your infinite wisdom of tearing those down that dare to disagree makes me not read the nastiness. OH NO someone disagreed with the penultimate authority on here, OFF WITH HER HEAD. It was a question that I asked, I had a friend that got her stuff from the street and I always wondered how they were getting it. I think it is a legitimate question. With all the hoopla of oxycodone it will be a cold day in hell that I would be prescribed that. Somewhere, somehow, people are getting obnoxious amounts of this stuff. I can't lie to a Doctor to save myself but I assume these people are. My DH hates how in detail I go with stuff, this question is just an example of knowledge that I like to know. I have now had a steroid shot in the hip and a shot in the facet joint. I am not a malingerer, I have not had vicodin for a while now. Due to gastro problems the only meds I take are omeprazole, carafate, synthroid and atenolol, plus an over the counter probiotic. Believe what you may but being nasty doesn't solve anything.


    The seemingly innocuous question you posed loses its legitimacy and innocent curiosity when you have already admit that you are a full-fledged addict:


    "It has been approx 2 weeks since last 2mg suboxone because I relapsed with percocet. My last vicodin was june 23rd and went on sub. I herniated my L4/L5 with moderate stenosis so went to the doc and he gave me the percs 90 so the addict that I am I gobbled them down and did not go to my sub doc. I am now two weeks since sub and 72 hours at 2pm today from percs. I just need some encouragment as I don't feel so bad today and want to get some."

    Whether or not you have any narcotics at the moment has absolutely no bearing on the fact that you are, indeed, a drug addict. Just a few weeks ago, you were on this forum, taking codeine, and inquiring "what should i ask for" at the doctors. Do you really think that the addicts on this forum will fall for your 'innocent question' act?!?

    As for any so-called "authority" I may have here is simply the result of my having shared the wisdom I've gained from years of experience with drug addiction and recovery. No one handed me any status anywhere. No one "gave" me an education in this field; I worked for it. No one "gave" me a license; I worked for it. And I've worked with (literally) thousands of addicts over the years, and been blessed to be a part of many of them finding recovery. I can't imagine why you take offense about that - yet you do.

    Besides, it's not "authority" that anyone has here. You're confusing "authority" with "respect."

    By the way, you were already taking oxycodone - see, for example, this post I highlighted from YOU. That's what percs are - oxycodone. So about that "cold day in hell that I would be prescribed that"... you've already been there.

    You have one horribly nasty attitude, that's obvious - and you've decided to target me. I have no idea why, but addicts do like to have a scapegoat. Maybe it's just that I represent recovery, and that angers you. But you obviously have your "which came first, the chicken or the egg" theory confused. I gave an honest reply to some of your posts - and your reactions are what brought on the nastiness. You just didn't like what I had to tell you, so you felt the need to get name-calling and rude. And you haven't let up since.

    It's really sad that, despite hundreds of folks reading your posts, few bother to respond to you. I bet they sense that they'll get their heads bitten off if they try.

    You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

  12. #12
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobby02 View Post
    I don't know what I am supposed to respond too, y'all in your infinite wisdom of tearing those down that dare to disagree makes me not read the nastiness. OH NO someone disagreed with the penultimate authority on here, OFF WITH HER HEAD. It was a question that I asked, I had a friend that got her stuff from the street and I always wondered how they were getting it. I think it is a legitimate question. With all the hoopla of oxycodone it will be a cold day in hell that I would be prescribed that. Somewhere, somehow, people are getting obnoxious amounts of this stuff. I can't lie to a Doctor to save myself but I assume these people are. My DH hates how in detail I go with stuff, this question is just an example of knowledge that I like to know. I have now had a steroid shot in the hip and a shot in the facet joint. I am not a malingerer, I have not had vicodin for a while now. Due to gastro problems the only meds I take are omeprazole, carafate, synthroid and atenolol, plus an over the counter probiotic. Believe what you may but being nasty doesn't solve anything.
    Nobby,

    Every addict here, like you are, only thinks you are trying to learn how to score on the street with this question. I'm not here to argue with you in the least, but to help you, help yourself.

    Ruth is one of the most intelligent, caring people on this forum. I had my own "words" with her recently. Thought I knew everything. Thought of Ruth as the enemy, when in fact she was my very best friend. I know that now, but surely didn't think so before. Read my thread, you'll see.

    Everyone here can see and know exactly how the mind of an addict works. I didn't know either, but I sure do now. And NO, I'm certainly no expert, like Ruth is. I'm a baby in the world of addiction even though I am celebrating my 26th clean day today. But I'm learning.

    She wants to help you, help yourself. I know she doesn't need defending by me, she can do that herself. I'm just trying to get you to understand that you must first be honest with yourself, before you can be helped, just like it was with me. You must admit to yourself how much of an addict you really are.

    Karen

  13. #13
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,226

    Default


    Dear Karen,

    You surprised me with this post - but I am very thankful for your kind words. You and I have had our moments of contention (lol), but I'm grateful you've come to realize my motives are only for your best. It's a fine line I have to 'dance' sometimes... trying to bring a person to that next point in awareness, while risking appearing the 'bully' for doing so! This disease has many layers to its denial, and oftentimes, my 'job' is just prodding away at each layer until that person can move forward toward recovery.

    I believe that Nobby knows - on some level - that she's an addict. But true acceptance of that fact hasn't hit yet. When a doc puts his 'seal of approval' on a drug via a prescription pad, that often leads to a lot of rationalizing by an addict. And when there's also a "diagnosis" that can justify the prescription, that's >>>>> blanche to many. Also, going periods of time without a narcotic plays games in an addict's head, thinking they still have some control left. I lived that way for years!

    Anyway, I just want to say thank you, hon. In the words of an old commercial (before your time!) - "You've come a long way, baby!!!"

    God bless,
    Ruth
    Strong Desire and Bresixdouze like this.

    You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

  14. #14
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARTIST658 View Post

    Dear Karen,

    You surprised me with this post - but I am very thankful for your kind words. You and I have had our moments of contention (lol), but I'm grateful you've come to realize my motives are only for your best. It's a fine line I have to 'dance' sometimes... trying to bring a person to that next point in awareness, while risking appearing the 'bully' for doing so! This disease has many layers to its denial, and oftentimes, my 'job' is just prodding away at each layer until that person can move forward toward recovery.

    I believe that Nobby knows - on some level - that she's an addict. But true acceptance of that fact hasn't hit yet. When a doc puts his 'seal of approval' on a drug via a prescription pad, that often leads to a lot of rationalizing by an addict. And when there's also a "diagnosis" that can justify the prescription, that's >>>>> blanche to many. Also, going periods of time without a narcotic plays games in an addict's head, thinking they still have some control left. I lived that way for years!

    Anyway, I just want to say thank you, hon. In the words of an old commercial (before your time!) - "You've come a long way, baby!!!"

    God bless,
    Ruth
    HaHaHa....thought I might have surprised you a bit Ruth! You know deep down I really knew you were trying your best to help me, I just didn't want to HEAR your words at the time. But I sure do now. After all I was still in addict mode.

    I can only tell you that the ladies in your care at your facility are so lucky and blessed to have you working with them. I would love to have been near you and have you as my sponsor. But I really do have a great one now and she challenges me daily. She's told me the same things you have, and got in my face more than once and of course I ran away because I didn't want to hear her words at the time. But we are the best partners now and I have called her at 2, 3, and 4 am before just because something was bothering me. She ALWAYS takes time to speak with me.

    Well just wanted to let Nobby know how much I do understand now, and hope she can open up a bit more to herself. I really care about her Ruth as I know you really do. Maybe together we can make a small difference in her life. Of course I know and understand my boundaries in this and let you do the talking. I'm just here for support. Thanks gain Ruth for all you do here. I for one sincerely appreciate it!

    Blessings to you, and Nobby,
    Karen
    Last edited by Strong Desire; 08-11-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22