How long does phentermine stay in the body
    smart girl is offline New Member

Default How long does phentermine stay in the body

After taking this medication for several weeks, I would like to know how long it stays in the body. Thanks

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Phentermine has an adult half-life of between 7 and 20 hours, and peaks in the bloodstream 8 hours following administration. Assuming a seven hour half-life, over 90% of the medication would theoretically be cleared from your system in 28 hours. Assuming a 20 hour half-life, it would take approximately 80 hours for most to clear.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

bassplayer is offline Member

Thanks for the info! I didn't know that and I'm sure my friends
    in my forum would like to know about it.

Caffeine affects it, correct?

Ian Mason

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

In light of this statement about it and the mechanism in which it works:

Phentermine is in a class of drugs called anorectics which decrease appetite by possibly changing brain levels of serotonin. Phentermine is a nervous system stimulator like the amphetamines, causing stimulation, elevation of blood pressure, and faster heart rates.

I would say that you are correct and caffeine more than likely does have an affect on it, because they both carry the same warnings.

Other medicines—Although certain medicines should not be used together at all, in other cases two different medicines may be used together even if an interaction might occur. In these cases, your doctor may want to change the dose, or other precautions may be necessary. When you are taking appetite suppressants, it is especially important that your health care professional know if you are taking any of the following:

Amantadine (e.g., Symmetrel) or
    Amphetamines or
    Caffeine (e.g., NoDoz) or
    Chlophedianol (e.g., Ulone) or
    Cocaine or
    Medicine for asthma or other breathing problems or
    Medicine for colds, sinus problems, or hay fever or other allergies (including nose drops or sprays) or
    Methylphenidate (e.g., Ritalin) or
    Nabilone (e.g., Cesamet) or
    Pemoline (e.g., Cylert)—Using these medicines with sympathomimetic appetite suppressants may increase the central nervous system (CNS) stimulant effects, such as irritability, nervousness, trembling or shaking, or trouble in sleeping
    Appetite suppressants (diet pills), other or
    Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (citalopram [e.g., Celexa], fluoxetine [e.g., Prozac], fluvoxamine [e.g., Luvox], paroxetine [e.g., Paxil], sertraline [e.g., Zoloft])—It is not known whether using two different appetite suppressants together or using a sympathomimetic appetite suppressant with a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor is safe and effective. There have been some serious unwanted effects on the hearts of people who used two different appetite suppressants together
    Monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors (furazolidone [e.g., Furoxone], isocarboxazid [e.g., Marplan], phenelzine [e.g., Nardil], procarbazine [e.g., Matulane], selegiline [e.g., Eldepryl], tranylcypromine [e.g., Parnate])— Do not take an appetite suppressant while you are taking or less than 14 days after taking a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor . If you do, you may develop sudden extremely high blood pressure
    Tricyclic antidepressants (amitriptyline [e.g., Elavil], amoxapine [e.g., Asendin], clomipramine [e.g., Anafranil], desipramine [e.g., Pertofrane], doxepin [e.g., Sinequan], imipramine [e.g., Tofranil], nortriptyline [e.g., Aventyl], protriptyline [e.g., Vivactil], trimipramine [e.g., Surmontil])—Using these medicines with sympathomimetic appetite suppressants may cause high blood pressure or irregular heartbeat

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~