Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By junea9
High Blood Pressure
    Calvertt is offline New Member

Default High Blood Pressure

Hii..My mother is the patient of high blood pressure,
    any one tell me the best medicine for high blood pressure....?

Less Than Human is offline New Member

Google can.

Default clonidine

I have high blood pressure and take Clonidine. It works great for me, and I think it is one of the best blood pressure meds out there. There are also secondary uses for it as well, it helps with anxiety, and ppl that are weaning off cigarettes or drugs, it helps curb withdrawals I hear, so it has many uses. Doctor needs to determine dosage. I take 0.3 mg 2x day, a pretty high dose but not a super high dose.

The only thing with this particular blood pressure medicine is that she CANNOT run out of it. Always call ahead for refills and the prescribing doctor should give several refills on this med, but always.. always.. call the pharmacy at least 24 hrs before she runs out b/c if u are on this med and suddenly stop taking it without being weened off of it, your blood pressure will spike rapidly and that can be dangerous. That said, this medicine really is a "wonder drug" and will def. help with her blood pressure. She may feel a bit tired or lightheaded when she first starts to take it, but these symptoms diminish with time and the benefits of this medicine def. outweigh the risks. The only risk is what I mentioned, and that is just a matter of being conscious and responsible and obtaining refills on time. Hope this helps. There are other blood pressure meds out there of course, but I have found this one to be the best, and numerous others have agreed. Best of luck to u and your mom. God Bless!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Calvertt View Post
    Hii..My mother is the patient of high blood pressure,
    any one tell me the best medicine for high blood pressure....?

Elevated blood pressure can be caused by different things. One medication that helps me might cause severe problems for you depending on what's causing the hbp. Need to know the medical history which only the dr has. No one has any business prescribing high blood pressure medication online. Some classes of beta blockers work great for some people but could almost kill me with my health conditions as they have a peripheral vasoconstriction effect. I need calcium channel blockers which dilate my blood vessels due to my autoimmune disorders. You need to see your dr about this and not seek attention for something so serious from a drug forum. There are a bunch of different categories of blood pressure meds. Don't allow your mom to take something that you don't know if it will harm her or worse! Very serious about this. God bless.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-11-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

ComEd123 is offline New Member

Many medications known as antihypertensives are available by prescription to lower high blood pressure. There are a variety of classes of HBP medications, and they include a number of different drugs.

Remember that your healthcare provider and pharmacist are your best sources of information. It's important to discuss all of the drugs you take with your doctor and understand their desired effects and possible side effects. Never stop taking a medication and never change your dose or frequency without first consulting your doctor.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-12-2011 at 07:44 PM.

junea9 is offline New Member

Default diet plan for blood pressure

A healthy diet plan containing more leafy vegetables and fruits is preferable for high blood pressure patient. Avoid eating food items which has high cholesterol and high fats. Include food items which contain protein, calcium, and potassium in your diet.

Food which contain high fiber is very good remedy for the person suffering from high blood pressure. Include more fibrous food items in your diet.

Decrease the amount of salt from your diet. It is responsible for generating extra pressure on the arteries. Eat fresh food mostly homemade food. Don’t eat extra spicy oily food. Avoid the intake of outside food, packed or canned food.
    sandypops1 likes this.

Beneficient is offline New Member

Default best medicines for the high blood pursuer

Hi dear,
    Following are the best medicines for the high blood pursuer
    ACE inhibitors
    Angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB)
    Beta-blockers
    Calcium channel blockers (CCBs)
    Diuretics
    Alpha-blockers
    Alpha-beta blockers

KellyLewis is offline New Member

High blood pressure is one of the hazards disease. You can cure it by taking healthy diet, include vegetables and fruits in your diet, less salt. You can control it by meditation also. And most importantly avoid smoking because smoking is one of the major reason behind high blood pressure.

samanthakerry is offline New Member

Yes this is a bad situation.Too much salt raises your blood pressure, so it is important to eat as little as possible. In fact, some people with high blood pressure may be able to avoid blood pressure medicines by cutting down on salt. Eating more fruit and vegetables helps to lower your blood pressure.Try to eat a range of different fruits and vegetables. Dried, frozen and tinned are fine, but watch out for added salt, sugar or fats.Losing weight, if you need to, will help lower your blood pressure and reduce your risk of health problems. The best way to lose weight is to choose more low-fat and low-calorie foods, and increase your physical activity.Being moderately active for 30 minutes five times a week can keep your heart healthy, and can lower your blood pressure.