hi everyone need help with norco withdrawal and staying clean
    soulreaper is offline New Member

Default hi everyone need help with norco withdrawal and staying clean

okay so I had surgery back in may of this year I had my back cut open from the top of my neck all the way to the bottom along my spine and then they shaved off each disc in my back and put 14 screws in and 2 long rods running the length of my spine well they put me on norco 10/325 and valium well I kicked the valium wasent to hard but the hydrocodone is horrible I was taking the same as 27 5mg vicodin a day and now I quit cold turkey for the last 4 days I am feeling okay but I still don't feel great I just wish I never started taking this stuff well any help would be great and if anyone has any suggestions it would be great too I dont have the money for the thomas recipe or I would of already started it I do have potassium pills and Immodium ad and pepto also I have excedrin for some of the pain and im taking unasom but im not sleeping much well thanks all and Godbless to everyone I know what your going through and you can make it out of this!!!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Soulreaper
    How you feeling today...I guess the only thing I can say is just try and let some time pass and get this behind you...what day are you on now !!!

how is your back now it sounds like that was very painful
    keep posting and let us know how you are doing !!!
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Default im doing good

yes it was very very painful I am on day 5 im feeling good it helps me to help others also if you don't mind me asking what is your story melinda? also idk if i mentioned it but i am only 23 years old..i dont know how i got messed up with this stuff my sister was a >>>>>> addict and shot oxys also you think i would of learned well thank you for the reply i honestly thought I would of had more replies but thats okay thank you for your kind words and if you dont mind what is your story?

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    yes it was very very painful I am on day 5 I'm feeling good it helps me to help others also if you don't mind me asking what is your story Melinda? also idk if i mentioned it but i am only 23 years old..i dont know how i got messed up with this stuff my sister was a >>>>>> addict and shot oxys also you think i would of learned well thank you for the reply i honestly thought I would of had more replies but thats okay thank you for your kind words and if you dont mind what is your story?
    I am 50 years old, when I was a kid (15 - 23 ) I was little miss partier. but after I had kids I turned into little miss Bible thumper...then about 5 years ago I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia and the Doctor started me on opiates (BAD IDEA )
    the first year I was one happy camper I could work day and night..
    but by the second year I was finding out I was in trouble...by that time I was chewing up my oxycontin and taking 10mg vics to top it off..
    the third year I was spending at least a 100 dollars a day just to stay out of w/d ... so I set out to quit...I stopped the oxycontin and tried to take enough vic's or perc's to = the amount of oxycontin I was taking I was so sick !!!
    but i finally got stable and did a taper off of them..I found this forum when I was at 2 five mg vic's a day and then quit.. It was a nightmare.. and I never want to have to do that again..
    I don't know if I would have made it if it was not for this forum...I was so lost and alone..but I got a lot of support from here...

I'm sorry about the replies, I'm sure more people will jump in, sometimes the thread drops to the bottom and know one see it...

I'm happy you stopped at 23 and now you will never have to do this again...
    and I'm sorry about your sister is she OK now.
    I had a brother that died of hep C from drugs so you would think I would have known better to !!!
    But we live and learn...
    talk to you soon, Melinda

OneMoreStep is offline New Member

How are you doing soul? Have ur symptoms began to fade? I am going through my detox right now aswell and am just over the 48hour mark! I have hope for you and hope everything is well!!!

OXYmom is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    yes it was very very painful I am on day 5 im feeling good it helps me to help others also if you don't mind me asking what is your story melinda? also idk if i mentioned it but i am only 23 years old..i dont know how i got messed up with this stuff my sister was a >>>>>> addict and shot oxys also you think i would of learned well thank you for the reply i honestly thought I would of had more replies but thats okay thank you for your kind words and if you dont mind what is your story?
    Hey soul. I did'nt see your thread til just now. I would have replied too. I hope you are still around or will come back. I am almost 2 mos. off 300 mg/oxy per day
    My habit got out of control in the last few years, had a major surgery and then I was really off to the races!! Thank God I found my way back here to this forum cause it helped a lot.

Let us know how you are doing. It will only get better from here and there are so many great people here, like Mlinda who has already replied. She was a lifesaver for me too!

Default hello everyone

I am doing good just in a lot of pain my legs are killing me and my back has a constant burning feeling right in my spine all the time the doc gave me gabapentin but I was allergic to it and could not take it so she gave me flexeril which does nothing but make me feel real bad so im taking ginger pills,potassium pills,excederin,vitamin c and I want to get a hold of some L-dopa which is one step up from the L-tyrosine thats in the thomas recipe L-dopa with some heavy duty b-complex vitamins and some magnesium and patassium should take away my leg pains and make me feel happy I just need to track the stuff down thanks everyone for responding it is a life saver having someone to talk too my fiance does not understand what it is like becoming dependent on drugs she doesnt understand why I cant just quit them and feel normal right away she says its all in my head..well the throwing up and the restless muscles and running to the bathroom every 5 minutes to basicly just pee out my butt LOL sorry for the expression I had too i find that humor helps a lot when your withdrawaling this is day 7 by the way and all the other physical symtoms are not in my head takecare and Godbless ill keep you posted all

-Matt
    Last edited by ddcmod; 10-13-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Talking Hello there....I have so many "helpers" for your situation....

Hello, HOWDY, GREETINGS, SO PROUD OF YOU AND ???? HUM......OH, KUDOS AND MORE kudos to you for being wise beyond your years, and experiences of a loved one - your sister's liking for the lovely, yet not-so-lovely Poppy plant/flower that subtlety creeps upon a person in the beautiful disguise of sweet relief of physical pain.....
    And then.....BAAAMM!!!! Suddenly you're in the grips of OPIOID Madness-
    Straight up, heads up, truth to the core of how it happens.....
    I once again commend your search for a better way to live.....
    Raise the roof to you!!! THE STRONG ONE!!!
    I want to elaborate in depth, yet I must take my son to school before I start.
    I hope you see my first, funny huh? My very first thread that I read is the one thing in my life that I am pulled towards.
    I am a CADCA Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselor Intern, as well as a CCBADC RW, Registered Recovery Worker, I can finally exhale after the 25+ years of active addiction. I so often said, "why?" why why????? Help help help.....I even had about 15 years of absolute fun and great times without a single consequence.....then I moved to Egypt, lived in Denial (The Nile), after a long long fight within.....I FINALLY KNEW WHY. I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THOSE YEARS GOOD, AND BAD. THE LOSSES, THE SHAME, THE GUILT, THE BLAME.....BECAUSE THOSE WERE THE YEARS THAT I was doing "field work" yes. I didn't know it of course.
    But if it wasn't for my past?
    I wouldn't have a future!!!!!
    And I do have all of those, a past, a future, a today, a hope for a better tomorrow....But most of all?? I have a map.....and details.....and great places to visit....and share about.....to those who relate with this reply to you.....

May the day be bright......OR BRIGHTER THAN U EXPECT.....SOULREAPER YOU ARE A ROCK STAR.....SO......
    until I return my friend.....YOU JUST HANG TIGHT OKAY????
    BLESSINGS AND MORE BLESSINGS TO YOU .....
    I AM HERE AS A SUPPORT FOR YOU AS YOU.....START .......
    CALMING YOUR STORMS........IT'S POSSIBLE.
    I AM LIVING PROOF.....

Smile thank you all for the support its awesome!

thank you everyone for the support I am doing well but of course I am still struggling if your words of hope in this dark time are like a calm breezing flowing over me even when the aches are bad and anxiety is worse I know I can log on to here and find some kind words of hope just let me know if you need anything...anything at all and I'll do my best to help and everyone you can call me Matt, thanks again and keep posting it really does help! its like keeping a living journal where people can talk to you and its not just the voices in your HEAD! lol

Anonymous Guest

Hi Matt
    I was just wondering how you were doing today

Default I am doing good

I have severe pain though...in my spine and cafe muscles and lower back I am getting really severe burning and stining pains and on the top of my shoulders its just hurting really bad so I don't know whats going wrong Maybe I need to go see my doctor

Anonymous Guest

Hi Matt
    If I remember this right you are on day 9 now ..is that right ??? you should be feeling a little better by now..It may not hurt to go to the doctor..but if he does not find anything wrong I would try to do some exercise...like walking or some or work out the abs..that really helps me..
    if you go to the Doc let me know how you are doing..