Have bad sleep problems and Need advice
    scott2772 is offline New Member

Default Have bad sleep problems and Need advice

Since I was 15 I have been on ambien 10mg I am now 20. I have tried lunesta and it made eating and drinking taste bitter. I have also recently tried restoril.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Since I was 15 I have been on ambien 10mg I am now 20. I have tried lunesta and it made eating and drinking taste bitter. I have also recently tried restoril.
    hi Scott
    I'm with ya buddy have never been able to sleep ...have you ever tried mediation CD I put them on my I-pod it turns my brain off so I can fall asleep
    good luck, Melinda

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Dont know your story but since my active addiction ... I have never slept right. I have talk to way too many ex-addicts and they all have the same problems. I think it just one of the prices we pay for our choices.

What I do now is take valarin root nightly and will take Melatonine on nights that its important that I get my rest. The VR must build in one body to be affecteve and Melatoniin is taken (2) TWO hours before I planned bed time. Always use white noise and love the sound of running water to help me sleep. If I awaken early in am and dont fall back to sleep w/in 1/2hr I just get up and work on a project. To lay there and get frustrated does me no good.

I have tried the soothing music and as far as melatonin it doesnt do squat for me I started out taking whatever it said on the bottle and a few nights ago took 15 and still no effect

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scott2772 View Post
    I have tried the soothing music and as far as melatonin it doesnt do squat for me I started out taking whatever it said on the bottle and a few nights ago took 15 and still no effect
    HI Scott
    I posted on your other thread ...have you tried serquil..my doctor has given it to me before it is used for ocd or bi-polar but 50 mg will knock you out for the night.
    do you have anxiety or something like that is that why you cant sleep ?

I have tried that and almost commited suicide on it so that one really isnt an option either but I am possibly checking into a recovery program with psychiatrist

Jyot Financial is offline New Member

Smile

It must be difficult for you taking all these medication since you were 15. I have avoided medication because of fear that eventually my system will be immune to it and later on not have any effect on me anymore. I always believe that relaxation and keeping oneself happy is the best way to have good sleep. But even that is difficult to attain, Right? Sometimes taking the step to changing our mind frame is one of the ways to have better sleeping habit. I have changed mine by not watching too much TV or staying too much in the computer when its 8PM already so that I condition my mind and body that by 9PM I have to be in bed and sleep. I used to sleep at 1AM or even later than that then wake up early because I have so many things lined up for me the next day. This is what I meant by changing our mind frame. Start by changing your routine.

I hope this will help you.
    Last edited by Jyot Financial; 01-26-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: wrong grammar