Going back to running.
    Jimhassel is offline New Member

Default Going back to running.

Hi everybody,

Currently I am not running and seriously considering going back for running and feeling relax from last foot injury. I haven't run for 3 weeks and not sure how I would fell me to run again. I realize I should start with walking , jogging then I should go for running. Any idea that how should I start this again in fluent manner.

Thanks.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimhassel View Post
    Hi everybody,

Currently I am not running and seriously considering going back for running and feeling relax from last foot injury. I haven't run for 3 weeks and not sure how I would fell me to run again. I realize I should start with walking , jogging then I should go for running. Any idea that how should I start this again in fluent manner.

Thanks.
    Hi Jim,

You said it yourself....take it real SLOW! First walk a bit, then walk more, then raise up and down on your toes to hopefully strengthen your foot more. Then jog a few steps like running in place for a few days. Then eventually move up to going outside and jogging just a few steps. Then you can progress from there!

I am a runner and jog anywhere from 2-5 miles early every morning. Feels so good afterwards as you probably already know! But it is crucial to not overdo it the first time out. You have to really "build up" your stamina, and your injury to take that kind of punishment on that ankle! Don't need to reinjure that foot by rushing things too fast! Hope this helps!

Hugs,
    Karen
    Last edited by Strong Desire; 07-17-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Jimhassel is offline New Member

Hi Karen,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for your attention. Raising up and down on my toes is such a good advice. I am little confused that after doing so there is little pain in my injured foot, but when I start running then it seems no pain at all. Maybe this is due to toe getting perpendicular weight at that time. I start my running little slowly and feeling well, but feeling afraid same time due to that pain. Do I need to stop my running for a while? Looking forward for reply.

Thanks

Jim

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimhassel View Post
    Hi Karen,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for your attention. Raising up and down on my toes is such a good advice. I am little confused that after doing so there is little pain in my injured foot, but when I start running then it seems no pain at all. Maybe this is due to toe getting perpendicular weight at that time. I start my running little slowly and feeling well, but feeling afraid same time due to that pain. Do I need to stop my running for a while? Looking forward for reply.

Thanks

Jim
    Hi Jim,

Sorry I didn't get right back with you but I had some computer issues. You never mentioned what kind of foot injury you had so I just can't advise further. Have you been to a doctor about it? Perhaps that is the way you should go right now. I would hate to suggest anything further to you because of the unknown factor I have. So get to the doctor if you haven't already, and if you have can you let me know what kind of injury it was? Hopefully I can still be of some help to you. Take care and have a great day.

Hugs,
    Karen