getting off codeine
    sammi24 is offline New Member

Default getting off codeine

Hi im new to this sorry.
    Im 26 years old im addicted to codeine for about 5 years now and im going cold turkey starting today i need to get my life back so i thought it might help if i talk to other people that might have gone through it or knows someone who has. Any advice? thanks

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sammi24 View Post
    Hi im new to this sorry.
    Im 26 years old im addicted to codeine for about 5 years now and im going cold turkey starting today i need to get my life back so i thought it might help if i talk to other people that might have gone through it or knows someone who has. Any advice? thanks
    Hi Sammi
    I was addicted to a lot of pain meds to... for about three years mine was ocycontin and vics percs...somas ..and klonopin ...I had to taper off the stuff
    but I made it.. ...
    so how are you doing ???
    talk to you soon, Melinda

EricM280 is offline New Member

Smile Good for you!

Hello,

Im glad to hear you're giving it a shot. Its hard im not going to lie to you, i am currently on the same path. However, after many failed attempts to quit, i decided to look into suboxone treatment. If you are having bad withdraw symptoms like i was, this may be beneficial to you. I can't sit here and explain to you how the treatment works because well... Im not a doctor but it may be a good option. I honestly believe that anyone who is opioid dependent should look into suboxone. Its success rate is very high and it works well for me.

But anyways, good luck and I hope you are doing well. depending on how strong your addiction was, you know the first couple weeks will be hell, but when you get through it, man its well worth it.

I hope to hear back from you soon. GOOD LUCK!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by EricM280 View Post
    Hello,

Im glad to hear you're giving it a shot. Its hard im not going to lie to you, i am currently on the same path. However, after many failed attempts to quit, i decided to look into suboxone treatment. If you are having bad withdraw symptoms like i was, this may be beneficial to you. I can't sit here and explain to you how the treatment works because well... Im not a doctor but it may be a good option. I honestly believe that anyone who is opioid dependent should look into suboxone. Its success rate is very high and it works well for me.

But anyways, good luck and I hope you are doing well. depending on how strong your addiction was, you know the first couple weeks will be hell, but when you get through it, man its well worth it.

I hope to hear back from you soon. GOOD LUCK!

Eric .......Melinda is my wife and has been clean for well over two years now, pushing three years. She was offering you advice, not seeking it. She helps lots of people here with opiate tapers. You need to read the replies a little more closely. She doesn't need any luck, she has already beat this and is totally clean. She didn't need to go the suboxone route, she toughed it out and did it cold turkey the hard way. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-11-2011 at 12:12 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.