Generic Wellbutrin for sex drive...
    Sarabeth is offline New Member

Question Generic Wellbutrin for sex drive...

Hi All,

I have a very specific issue that I'm hoping some others have had and can offer advice.

I started taking Lexapro over a year ago for anxiety and depression. It's been great, I don't freak out AT ALL anymore (I used to have major meltdowns at least once a day) I am very happy with the results of the Lexapro. The one drawback is that my sex drive is non-existant. I used to be very interested in sex and am in a committed relationship with my fiance. But, this issue is driving us both crazy. I'm not thinking about it, or having any urge WHATSOEVER!!!!

I spoke with my doctor about my problem and she suggested I begin taking Wellbutrin in addition to the Lexapro. I'm on day 3 of taking the generic Wellbutrin SR and am nervous from other posts that I'm getting my hopes up for nothing.

Has anyone taken the GENERIC Wellbutrin SR to alleviate decreased sex drive caused by another drug? Or can anyone tell me what to expect from the generic Wellbutrin. If I don't see a change I'm going to switch to the brand name at the end of the month ($$$)

I appreciate your help!!!!
    Last edited by Sarabeth; 11-21-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

If wellbutrin actually works to give you your sex drive back please let us know. That is a new one on me. Not saying it's impossible but that is nothing I have ever heard of. God bless.

Sarabeth is offline New Member

Smile

It's supposed to take 2-4 weeks to kick in... but I'll keep you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarabeth View Post
    It's supposed to take 2-4 weeks to kick in... but I'll keep you posted!

I am shocked but for some reason I have just never checked it out before. But I just checked some sources and it seems that wellbutrin has had some successful results with improving people's sex drive. Obviously I don't know everything. I hope this works for you. The results seem to show this is a very real possibility. God bless.

UNEEK1 is offline Member

Question Cymbalta and Welbutrin

I am currently on 60mg of Cymbalta for about 1 year and my Dr. just added 200mg of Welbutrin for decreased energy and lack of interest in just about everything. She said to give it up to 14 days for it to put a little "kick in my step". I really hope this works because I have lost interest in everything that I once loved to do. Please if anyone has any input about Welbutrin, please share it with me. I would greatly appreciated it.
    "Do one thing everyday that makes you happy!"

UNEEK1 .. hope you had a good Christmas! There is a ton of positive info available on this if you do a Google search. Just type in "using Wellbutrin to increase sex drive while taking other antidepressants" or something like that and you'll get all kinds of links. Seems this is proving to be an effective therapy. Good luck and let us know how it works for you. Just from being here on this forum for a while you've read how many people have similar complaints. Hope this works for you! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

UNEEK1 is offline Member

Talking Robert325

Hi Robert, I see you had a lot of people wishing you a very Merry Christmas. You can add one more from me. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Even though I am feeling a little blue, I had a good Christmas. Being with my family and not being high and popping pills all day long makes for a good Christmas. I will tell you that I have only been taking Welbutrin since Tuesday and I do notice a little help. Hopefully a week from now I will be bouncing in my step.
    "Do one thing everyday that makes you happy!"