HI ALL
HERES AN INTERESTING STORY FOR YA, MONDAY 9/19/05 I HAD A FIRST APPOINTMENT AT A PAIN CLINIC. I WAITED TWO MONTHS, FOR THIS APPOINTMENT.AFTER FILLING OUT ALOT OF PAPER WORK, THEY HAD ME TAKE A URINE TEST. THE DOCTOR SAID I TESTED POSITIVE FOR COCAINE, NO WAY I DON'T USE COCAINE THATS FOR SURE. HE SAID THE TESTS DON'T LIE, I SAID NETHIER DO I. HE ASKED IF I HAD BEEN TO THE DENTIST, NOPE. THEN SAID I HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL FOR A BLOOD TEST, NO PROBLEM I SAID.THIS BLEW MY MIND TO SAY THE LEAST, SO I STOPPED AT MY WIFE'S WORK TO TELL HER WHAT JUST HAPPENED. SHE COULD'NT BELEIVE IT ETHIER, SHE WAS WITH ME FOR 3 DAYS 24/7 BEFORE THIS APPOINTMENT, AND KNOWS I DID'NT DO ANY COKE. THEN IT DAWNED ON ME, I HAVE HEPATITIS C. SINCE I FOUND THAT OUT, I'VE BEEN USEING CONDOMS. WELL LAST WEEKEND WAS OUR 20th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, AND WE WENT AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND. WHILE UP THERE, I BOUGHT A BOX OF CONDOMS ( LIFE STYLES ) IN A SUPPERMARKET. JUST GRABBED THE FIRST BOX I SAW, AT THE HOTEL I NOTICED THIS ON THE BOX.
( LASTING PLEASURE MALE GENITAL DESENSITIZER LUBRICANT ) AFTER I LEFT MY WIFE'S WORK PLACE, IT DAWNED ON ME. WHEN I GOT HOME I LOOKED AT THE BOX AGAIN TO SEE WHAT IS IN THOSE CONDOMS, ( ACTIVE INGREDIENT BENZOCAINE 4.5%) THIS HAS TO BE IT I THOUGHT. I WENT BACK TO THE PAIN CLINIC WITH THE CONDOMS IN HAND, THE NURSE SHOWED THEM TO THE DOCTOR. HE SAID, THEY COULD HAVE CAUSED A FALSE READING. SO I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL, I DON'T CARE IF I GO BACK TO THE PAIN CLINIC AGAIN. I JUST WANT TO CLEAR MY NAME, BECAUSE NO WAY DID I DO COCAINE. THE LADY AT THE LAB SAID SHE GETS 2 OR 3 PEOPLE A WEEK FROM THE CLINIC, TESTING POSITIVE FOR COCAINE. SHE SAID THEY USE A URINE KIT, AND THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE. I DID SOME RESEARCH ON DRUG TESTING, FROM WHAT I SAW BENZOCAINE CAN CAUSE A POSITIVE READING FOR COCAINE, NOT ONLY THAT. BUT ALSO, DIABETES ( WHICH I HAVE ) KIDNEY AND LIVER DISEASE, WELL I CERTAINLY HAVE A LIVER DISEASE. I KNOW, MY WIFE KNOWS, AND GOD KNOWS, I DID'NT DO ANY COKE. BUT THIS IS FREAKING ME OUT, REALLY STRESSED OUT OVER THIS. AND I'M OUT OF PAIN MED'S TODAY, AND NOT FEELING TO GOOD. I'D CALL THE DOCTOR WHO REFFERED ME TO THE PAIN CLINIC, BUT I WANT TO WAIT UNTIL THE TEST RESULTS COME BACK. BECAUSE WE MOVED DOWN HERE ONLY ABOUT A YEAR AGO, TO NORTH CAROLINIA FROM MASS. AND I'VE ONLY SEEN THIS DOCTOR TWICE, SO HE DOES'NT KNOW ME, OR WHAT KIND OF PERSON I AM. AND THE FIRST TIME I SAW THIS DOCTOR I WAS COMPLETELY HONEST WITH HIM, BECAUSE OF THE HEPATITIS THING. TOLD HIM I HAD A PAST DRUG HISTORY, BUT THAT WAS FROM THE YEARS 1968 TO MAY OF 1980.OTHER THAN WHAT MY OLD DOCTOR THAT I HAD FOR 13 YEARS GAVE ME FOR DRUGS, I'VE BEEN CLEAN FROM STREET DRUGS FOR 25 YEARS. THEY SHOULD PUT A WARNING ON THE CONDOM BOX, THAT THIS COULD HAPPEN. WHERE MY WIFE WORKS THEY DO RANDOM DRUG TESTING, WHAT IF IT HAD BEEN HER MONDAY. SHE PROBLEY WOULD HAVE FLUNKED TOO, I'M SURE THAT BENZOCAINE MUST HAVE GOT INTO HER ALSO. SO I THOUGHT I WOULD POST THIS TO WARN PEOPLE THAT THIS CAN HAPPEN, EVEN WITH AN OTC PRODUCT. HAS ANYTHING LIKE THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE??? WITTS END